• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

Ringside Bladders

I recently bought an Everlast 4200 that need a new bladder. The last ones I bought were from Title, so this time I thought I'd try the ones from Ringside. I bought 3. I didn't bother gluing this one in and it was a lot easier and faster to install. In comparing it to the Title in a bag the same size and shape I have to say the Ringside bladder seemed to have a better bounce than the Title.
    I saw that the new Black Title Pro I just got had one of those black truck tire bladders in it, so I put one in it as well. I could really tell a huge difference in the way it responded as it was very flat before.

I'm still puzzled why they put heavy bladders in these bags and have them be so non responsive. The Balazs, Ringside Heritage and Leone bags were great and needed no bladder change outs.

fedora
  • Bag-A-Holic
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by fedora View Post
    I recently bought an Everlast 4200 that need a new bladder. The last ones I bought were from Title, so this time I thought I'd try the ones from Ringside. I bought 3. I didn't bother gluing this one in and it was a lot easier and faster to install. In comparing it to the Title in a bag the same size and shape I have to say the Ringside bladder seemed to have a better bounce than the Title.
    I saw that the new Black Title Pro I just got had one of those black truck tire bladders in it, so I put one in it as well. I could really tell a huge difference in the way it responded as it was very flat before.

I'm still puzzled why they put heavy bladders in these bags and have them be so non responsive. The Balazs, Ringside Heritage and Leone bags were great and needed no bladder change outs.

fedora
    Im pretty sure Ringside only sells the Latex rubbber ones, but I think Title sells 3 types.. Plastic(obviously not a good choice), but then they have either Butyl rubber(comes in the figting sport speed bag), or latex rubber. I think the Butyl rubber is less porous and holds the air for much longer(I think I only have one butyl, cause my fighting sport is the only bag that never loses air), and the Latex rubber(Costs $1.00 less than the butyl rubber) they have is more porous, loses air substanially quicker, but has a better bounce.

If there was a difference in bounce, Im guessing maybe you possibly have the butyl rubber from title and the latex from Ringside?? Although Ringsides are White/yellow and Titles come in Orange, I think Latex should be latex?? Could be a thickness of latex matter as well. Maybe one or the other make them at a different thickness and would have an effect on bounce.

In the pic, top left is the latex and the bottom 3 one the right, ones are Butyl. I wonder if you call ask for a bladder and don't specify type, which one they send?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bag-A-Holic; 03-16-2013, 09:21 PM.
    -Anthony

Comment

• ebozyn
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2010

Ringside and Cleto Reyes bladders lose air rapidly from the valve. The air can drain out in just a few hours. (this gets worse, the longer you own and use them)

I have some title bags with title bladders (orange bladders and black bladders) that i haven't touched for several months, and the air pressure is still pretty much the same as the last time i put air in them.

Having said that, the ringside and cleto bladders do have a little more bounce (as said in the above posts), just keep an air pump by your board and be prepared to use it... often.

Comment

• fedora
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Dec 2012

Ringside has a tutorial on changing out bladders and in it the person says that they will loose air, so I was expecting that would happen. For me, I would rather do a pump up and then get a better rebound than deal with a flat rebounding bag. My skill level (low) requires a better rebound. The best rebounding bags I have so far are the Leone's.

fedora

Comment

• Zaza
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2011

Ringside has a tutorial on changing out bladders and in it the person says that they will loose air, so I was expecting that would happen. For me, I would rather do a pump up and then get a better rebound than deal with a flat rebounding bag. My skill level (low) requires a better rebound. The best rebounding bags I have so far are the Leone's.

fedora
          I think it all depends on personal taste...some people like really bouncy bags...other's...not so much.

My Peanut Ball is really bouncy and fast...so is the NOS ringside (with a ringside latex replacement). Those are fun for going fast. Then there's the FS and Title bags that require a harder strike for a good workout. Finally, there's the Atomic which is like hitting air!

Each bag has it's own personality (yes, I'm THAT strange ) and purpose IMHO.

I like them all!
          Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
          http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• fedora
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2012

I guess I'm a "bouncy" guy. The main reason being I can concentrate on my form and go slower to get some of the more complex moves down. I'm still working on that under the elbow shadow punch. Sometimes I nail it and I'm thinking "I got it" then I miss it the next 10 strikes. One out of ten is better than none out of ten I suppose.

fedora

Comment

• cmedinas88
              • Jan 2013

Does changing the stock bladder on a bag make a difference? I recently got a small title gyro balance and its super slow it seems like it flat. I seen on here if u change out a stock bladder it helps. I was wondering if its my board,bag or just me?

Comment

• florian 380
                • Nov 2012

Originally posted by cmedinas88 View Post
                does changing the stock bladder on a bag make a difference? I recently got a small title gyro balance and its super slow it seems like it flat. I seen on here if u change out a stock bladder it helps. I was wondering if its my board,bag or just me?
                no thats the bladder ! I have the same bag it was like dead . I put a new bladder in it and its better but i still dont like the bag . I dont know why

Comment

• fedora
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Dec 2012

If you have it inflated to around 4Lbs PSI and it is still pretty non responsive it's probably the bladder. I've had to change out quite a few, hence this thread. Here's a link to a video on how to do it. This is to the Ringside website. Title also sells them. They are good as well but as I mentioned above, if you want more bounce, go with the Ringside.

fedora

Comment

• cmedinas88
                    • Jan 2013

So u can put a ringside bladder in a title bag?? I have A ringside and its by far my favorite. Sorry I'm fairly new to the bag and don't know of anyone who hits the bag. My only education on it is through here and YouTube.

Comment

• fedora
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Dec 2012

So u can put a ringside bladder in a title bag?? I have A ringside and its by far my favorite. Sorry I'm fairly new to the bag and don't know of anyone who hits the bag. My only education on it is through here and YouTube.
                      Yup, the bag will never know the difference. Watch the video in the link I posted, it's not too hard to do.

fedora

Comment

• Zaza
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Apr 2011

Yes... you can use any bladder in any bag....you just want to get the size right...and even then, some people use a small bladder in a medium bag and over inflate it. The rule is, there is no rule! If it works, it works.

Here's my video on the bladder change.
                        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• cmedinas88
                          • Jan 2013

Nice video thanks for.the input. Believe me I would not know the first step.to changing a bladder if it wasn't for the video. thanks!

Comment

• fedora
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Dec 2012

I've done it both ways, with gluing and without gluing. Both work fine.

fedora

Comment

• doss darwin
                              • Dec 2012

title

I've done it both ways, with gluing and without gluing. Both work fine.

fedora
                              the title i changed had the bladder sewn onto nylon, no glue--rubber cement did not stick so no glue used--has worked fine so far--was surprised when the ringside guy said you could blow up a small latex bladder into a large bag--why sell different sizes if that is the case--cheers dd
                              Last edited by doss darwin; 03-18-2013, 02:45 AM.
                              the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limitations

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...