X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zaza
    replied
    Originally posted by ventanakaz
    ...i'm gonna mail off the everlast swivel to u i'll let you know when i send it and give u the tracking # ...ralph
    Thank you Ralph... you are too kind!

Bye the way folks, Ralph has donated to this project many times & for that I can't thank him enough!

FYI Ralph... I LOVE those bags you sent!

Leave a comment:

• Zaza
    replied
    Originally posted by paranday View Post
    I don't have a pair of five hundred dollar bills to slip under the door to you to secure the Doris footage. But are there enough of us here to pool funds to get you to the magic $1000 mark? Do keep keeping us informed before you would throw in the towel on obtaining that footage. Maybe you should be the silent auction recipient at this year's SpeedB.A.G. IV?
    That would be nice, but I need the footage well before July.... the film needs to be done by then.

I have some stuff to sell here and will try to post in the next couple days to see if I can raise a little more.

I have some brand new Title Boxing tee-shirts, hats, banners...and a few pairs of gloves that people might be interested in.

Leave a comment:

• paranday
    replied
    I don't have a pair of five hundred dollar bills to slip under the door to you to secure the Doris footage. But are there enough of us here to pool funds to get you to the magic $1000 mark? Do keep keeping us informed before you would throw in the towel on obtaining that footage. Maybe you should be the silent auction recipient at this year's SpeedB.A.G. IV?

Leave a comment:

• Zaza
    replied
    Blog update: http://artofthebag.zazacast.com/?p=208

Leave a comment:

• Zaza
    replied
    Cool... let me know....and thanks again Ralph!

Leave a comment:

• Zaza
    replied
    Ralph...The eagle has landed...got the bags today...thanks! Can't wait to pump them up for a little try tonight.

FYI to all... just heard from Biff and the trip is going great! Safe travels Biff.

Leave a comment:

• Zaza
    replied
    hey zaza i checked the USPS tracking number and it said (an attempted deliver was made and they left a notice. it also said if unclaimed after 15 days that it would be sent back to me. i hope i don't have to resend it back to you...ralph
    No worries... didn't get to the Post Office today...I'll get there tomorrow.
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Zaza
    replied
    hey zaza i sent out the package today, you should get it by monday. let me know when you get it. thanks...ralph
    Will do... thanks again Ralph!

Leave a comment:

• Zaza
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim View Post
    Zaza - I have sent you a PM with this person's email address (at least the one they used to sign up). I don't normally share that information, but seems like this would be a worthy cause...
    Thank you Tim.....I just sent an email...lets see what happens!

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
    No, he is another of "the disappeared ones". I have many names and address from the past, but not his unfortunately. I don't remember the sign up process so Tim might have some insight or email address.
    Zaza - I have sent you a PM with this person's email address (at least the one they used to sign up). I don't normally share that information, but seems like this would be a worthy cause...

Leave a comment:

• Zaza
    replied
    Yes... same address.

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by Zaza View Post
    ^ wish you had direct contact information....I've send a PM, but no answer yet....I fear k4moore hasn't been around for quite some time.
    No, he is another of "the disappeared ones". I have many names and address from the past, but not his unfortunately. I don't remember the sign up process so Tim might have some insight or email address.

Leave a comment:

• Zaza
    replied
    ^ wish you had direct contact information....I've send a PM, but no answer yet....I fear k4moore hasn't been around for quite some time.

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    I know....I have to save this footage...

I also have the eye hook and want to try this out. I'd LOVE to find one of those old 'swivel bases' like she used on the floor...I never see those...anywhere?
    FLASH BACK, Dec 16, 2007

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    k4moore
    Speed Bag Trainee Join Date: Dec 2007

Doris DeGreen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doris DeGreen is my grandmother, so I would be happy to relay stories of her time as a speed bag puncher. As stated previously, she was featured in Life Magazine, Popular Mechanics and a Paramount newsreel (in the Unusual Occupations series). The newsreel is available on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_03KIDtZv9U. She also toured the country on a vauldville-like circuit.

Punching a speed bag is not that hard, but doing it well and for any duration is challenging. Add the blindfold or multiple speed bags, and it is a real skill. But, she was able to still hit a bag proficiently into her 70's.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

and I purchased an original copy of the 1933 Life Magazine she appeared in. Sitting right next to my Vaggies post card.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 01-24-2013, 09:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• paranday
    replied
    The full-rez version should look outstanding!
    Wow, great!
    I HAVE to get this footage!
    Yes you do.

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...