• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike D
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2012

Does Bladder matter?

Hello im new to the forum!

I recently bought a title gold 8x5, i saw a thread on here a while back about bladder difference so i decided to check witch type my bag had, and it has that black innertube bladder and im now planning to replace the bladder with a rubber one. Just wanted to know if there is a big difference regarding rebound and speed with these two bladders? Thanx
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

I recently bought a title gold 8x5, i saw a thread on here a while back about bladder difference so i decided to check witch type my bag had, and it has that black innertube bladder and im now planning to replace the bladder with a rubber one. Just wanted to know if there is a big difference regarding rebound and speed with these two bladders? Thanx
    Hi Mike, Welcome to the forum.

I have not tried that myself, but I remember several knowledgeable baggers saying it really improved their bags performance. I think they put in the new rubber bladder.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ebozyn
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2010

The short answer is YES.

Vent from the Forum discovered the big difference these bladders make when switching the black inner tube type with these orange beauties. hehe

I would not get ringside, or cleto reyes bladders. I have both of these and they leak air something horrible even when they're brand new, I have my cleto and ringside bags in the same duffel bag as my title bags, and the Cleto, and Ringside bags are always losing air, the titles are always just the air pressure i left them at. Your best bet is the title orange rubber ones.

I put one of these in my red Title standard pro 6x9 bag, and it was like night and day. really brought the bag to life. You will know these bladders changed your bag for the better the first contact you make with the bag.

The trick is putting the bladders in properly. It isn't exactly easy, but if you take your time. and watching Zaza's instuctional Video on the forum here about how to install bladders a few times that helps, unless you already have done this a few times, then you'll be good.

Good Luck with your Bladder Transplant, and bag on Dude.

Attached Files

Comment

• Mike D
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jan 2012

Oh and just another quick question do you have to use rubber cement for the bag or can you use normal Elmer's multi purpose glue?

Comment

• ebozyn
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2010

I think Rubber Cement is your best bet. that's what they recommend, that's what i used.

Rubber Cement is rubber so it's nice and pliable, flexible, an bendable. ON the inside of the title bag you have, down by the valve hole, on the inside of the bag there is a round piece of leather flap that you glue the valve section of the bladder to, and you have coat the circular valve section of the bladder with the rubber cement and press and hold it until the glue sets, it would have worked better for me if i could have figured a way to clamp it until it dried, but i had to hold it for about a 1/2 hour or so. anyway... I think that with most other glues, as soon as you tried stuffing the bladder back into the bag, and started turning the bag back from inside out, to inside in i think other glues would bust up, crack, or just flake away.

Oh and just another quick question do you have to use rubber cement for the bag or can you use normal Elmer's multi purpose glue?

Comment

• The_Sotto
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Feb 2012

would this bladder work in an everlast large speed bag?

Comment

• ebozyn
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2010

I'm not 100% positive it would work, because i've never put one in an everlast bag. But i'm pretty sure it would, i don't see why it wouldn't, as long as you can rubber cement it in place down around the valve hole area. It should work like a charm.

Originally posted by The_Sotto View Post
              would this bladder work in an everlast large speed bag?

Comment

• Zaza
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2011

I'm with Ebozyn, stick with the Title bladders.... I got the Ringside rubber bladders and everyone of them either leaked air bad....or failed completely (bummer).

Here's that video: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3572

NOTE: (pay attention Ebozyn for future bladder changes)
                The correct way to use rubber cement is to coat both surfaces that you want to join...let it dry until it's tacky...then press them together. That way you don't have to hold it for half an hour!
                Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Johnny O
                  • Apr 2011

Replacing Extra Large Bladder

I need to replace the bladder in an Everlast 4212 - 14x9. Everlast doesn't sell their 4233 large bladder anymore. Does anyone know where I can get an extra large bladder? The Title large bladder is for a 12x10 (max) bag. I guess worst case I could use the undersized Tile bladder.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Mike D
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                    ...i have that bag and hit on it for one day then changed the bladder that night. yes there is a big differance from bladders and preformance, what swivel are you hitting ?...ralph
                    Im hitting on my new deville swivel right now

Comment

• MMurphy162
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Feb 2012

I need to know

I bought an Everlast speed bag model 4241 to replace the red vinyl one that the seems split after 5 weeks. This one leaks something awful but I'm not sure from where. I did the spit check on the valve and got no bubbles. Is this common for an Everlast (or Neverlast)? Also this bag is kind of goofy looking (to me). It doesn't have a shape I'm used to. I'm wondering if a different bladder would would work better. I live in the mountains of Idaho and the store is 125 miles away or I would have taken it back. Besides I kind of like the bag dispite the goofy shape. I saw someplace on the forum something about the color of the valve that I can't find now. This one is yellow but again I don't think it is leaking from there. Any suggestions/comments?
                      Last edited by MMurphy162; 03-07-2012, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• MMurphy162
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Feb 2012

One more question. I'm not sure why but most every bag I've seen is given a size like 5x8 or 6x9. The Everlast I got just says XS, S and M. What size bladder should I get to replace the one I have. None of the standard sizes seem to match the dimensions of of the model 4241 bag I have?!? Thanks

Comment

• MMurphy162
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • Feb 2012

Well that's jusi it Ralph, the size is a medium. That's it. There are no dimensions to go off of. If I put a tape measure on it I'd say it is an 11 x 7? Which gives it more of a peanut shape than a tear drop.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...