X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaccZero8
    • Mar 2011

What is Your Favorite Bag?

Out of curiosity, what is everyone's favorite bag to hit on? Brand and size if you can name it, and why you like that particular bag the best.

I've been looking around and buying different brands and sizes to see what I like the most, but it would be interesting to hear what you all have to say so someone like myself can take that info and run with it

So which lucky bag will it be???
  • Hannibal
    • Dec 2010

I have owned several brands of bags..prior to this year I had mostly relied upon everlast and title. I expanded my horizons thought to include cleto, fighting sports, and ringside. Recently I picked up a 10x7 Ultra Rebound bag from Ringside and this by far has become my favorite bag. It don't matter if you want to slow down on this thing it will not let you. My favorite bag by far. Though I don't particularly care for the latex bladders. They don't last as long for me.

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by MaccZero8 View Post
      Out of curiosity, what is everyone's favorite bag to hit on? Brand and size if you can name it, and why you like that particular bag the best.
      I can't pick a favorite, I have several. In no particular order: Fighting Sports 8x5, Cleto Reyes XS, Title Gyro 8x5, Platinum Atomic XS, Jim Bradley

They are all fun in their own way.

Comment

• riqal
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2006

well, my favorite bag now is the red ringside bag 8x5. about six months ago i had both hands amputated below the elbow and the risidual limbs are still a little tender. the ringside bag is nice and soft. as my limbs toughen up, i will progress to other bags.

Comment

• fingers
          Speed Bag Guru
          • May 2008

Cleto 8x5 one word.............quality!!

Comment

• ebozyn
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by MaccZero8 View Post

I've been looking around and buying different brands and sizes to see what I like the most, but it would be interesting to hear what you all have to say so someone like myself can take that info and run with it

So which lucky bag will it be???
            I really like the bags from title.com, more specifically the title standards, and the fighting sports pros. I like 6x9s, and 5x8s. The reasons i like these bags so much are, I like to control the bag. The two bags mentioned above do EXACTLY what you make them do. You control the speed, and if you control the speed the bag, it is less likely to go flying off somewhere you don't want it to go, or never intended it to go. Now these bags like most others require a breaking in period, i have found that period to be 4 to 6 weeks. Then they are like an old comfortable shoe.

Then you have the more "Bouncy" bags, (cleto reyes. ringside pro. ringside isn't as bouncy, as reyes) they are like those little bouncy balls you find in the machines in stores, you put a quarter in and twist. You drop the the ball from 4 feet, and it bounces over the building. Bags like that are fun, they move fast, and you have to really keep your hands, and elbows moving fast to keep up. But i would never suggest a bag like that if you want to have TOTAL CONTROL of the bag. and you should have total control, to do lots of tricky baggin, or "Bible Thumpin". Some would disagree, but, they are all just wrong. ahah just joking.

It's all a matter of what you want. If you want to spend your time chasing the bag around, or if you want to be in control.
            however, bouncy bags are great for boxing training because of the speed.
            lots of boxers use them.

keep on baggin

Comment

• Zaza
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2011

Ringside 8x5 so far... much easier on the hands for me.

Oh... and the Ringside 7x4 is a really fun little bag too!
              Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
              http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by riqal View Post
                well, my favorite bag now is the red ringside bag 8x5. about six months ago i had both hands amputated below the elbow and the risidual limbs are still a little tender. the ringside bag is nice and soft. as my limbs toughen up, i will progress to other bags.
                Sorry to hear about that. The red ringside bags are indeed pretty soft.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
                  Then you have the more "Bouncy" bags, (cleto reyes. ringside pro. ringside isn't as bouncy, as reyes) they are like those little bouncy balls you find in the machines in stores, you put a quarter in and twist. You drop the the ball from 4 feet, and it bounces over the building. Bags like that are fun, they move fast, and you have to really keep your hands, and elbows moving fast to keep up.
                  Title Gyro falls into this category. I swear it's got a spring inside of it. It makes me feel like superman when punching

Some would disagree, but, they are all just wrong. ahah just joking.
                  Haha, good one.

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

This is gonna sound strange, but in reality my very favorite bag is:

The Grocery Bag. Doesn't rebound to well but it usually is full of treats!

Other than that, for speed bag's it depends on my mood. I've got favorite fast ones (8x5) and favorite larger ones (9x6) and (10x7). Virtually all of them say Title Boxing on them, All are tear drop shaped. In the last few years the bag I would use is more geared to the musical mood I'm in. If I've got rippin' on my mind, I go for the smaller bag but if I'm think mid or slow speed music I hang up a 9x6 or sometimes a 10x7 if I want a bit more workout.

to be honest I tend to favor bags that have easy on and off bag straps. If it has a big thick bag strap and takes 20 minutes of working to get it on the hook, I'll probably pass it up for another one.
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Avadia
                      • Nov 2010

Couldn't choose just one. But out of the twenty-three bags I own, my favorites are: Jim Bradley Pro Ball, Lonsdale Authentic Peanut Ball, Everlast Professional Kangaroo Bag in the 8x5 size, and my new small Cleto Reyes Red. I am also partial to Ralph's NOS Ringside bags in the smaller sizes.

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

You gotta have 3 or 4 bags, atleast. Sizes, shapes, bladders, and type of leather make such a huge difference. Different bags are suited to different punching styles. If I had to pick a lineup of differing bags: Ringside 7x4, Cleto Reyes XS, Fighting Sports 8x5, Cleto Reyes Small.

Comment

• Hannibal
                          • Dec 2010

we should all have a poll on the best speed bag in various categories. Those suited for free style training, and those suited best for boxing training. Have a top 3 in each or even top ten with the wealth of knowledge around this place.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                            we should all have a poll on the best speed bag in various categories. Those suited for free style training, and those suited best for boxing training. Have a top 3 in each or even top ten with the wealth of knowledge around this place.
                            have at it man, anyone can post a poll. There is a way to make it have pictures too... I did this once for swivels (that particular argument is pretty much dead now though).

Comment

• Hannibal
                              • Dec 2010

Yeah thought it would be a good idea. I can remember coming here a few months back, and one of the main reasons I did was to find tips on gear. Everyone here seems to rally behind cleto, fighting, and ringside. Though in terms of freestyle bagging their are just certain bags with more bounce that were designed for it. I will think about what categories to put up and try to do a poll then.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...