X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swebag View Post
    Hi,

I'm completely new to this sport. Before discovering this forum, I thought speed bag training was merely a tool for boxers to improve their hand-eye coordination but after having reviewed some of the threads and watched some of the forum members a.k.a. speed bag wizards on youtube, I must say: WOW, I guess it's a sport in itself

I have ordered a kit from Titleboxing along with the Speed bag bible DVD. Unfortunately, at that time I didn't know about that nice deal but hey, I guess that after I get totally hooked I will need the additional 4 DVDs anyway

I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out getting one of the ball hook swivels that has been highly recommended on this forum, like the Evil Swivel or the Boxing Gear's all metal swivel?

Highly appreciated!

Will from Sweden
    Hello Will and welcome to the forum. We have several baggers in Sweden.
    Concerning the four DVD set - Maybe this outline will help you understand.

The Four DVD set:

DVD-1: Equipment and Seven basic fist punching techniques, Four punches from the front of the bag, three punches from behind bag (called Reverse Punching) and linking from the front and back. “Linking” refers to passing the fist(s) through the bag to hit from the other side. 2-hrs long

DVD-2: Review DVD-1 techniques, then Twelve Elbow Striking Techniques and how to mix them with the previous seven techniques. (* includes the Side-Triple Elbow Strike) 2-hrs long

DVD-3: Review DVD-1,2 techniques then *six techniques from the Side of the bag and how to mix them with the previous. (* covers the Side-Triple ES in more detail). 2-hrs long

DVD-4: Review DVD-1,2,3 techniques. Then covers the advanced punching combination topics from chapter 10 and 11 of the book. 1hr 40minutes long

All video’s have slo-motion segments with voice over as well as Punch Drumming (hitting to music) in the open and close.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you already have the single (comprehensive) 2 hr DVD then all you would really need is DVD-4 of the four disc set, which covers some of the "advanced combinations" topics in chapters 10 and 11 of the book. Much of that info is NOT in the Single DVD version due to time. The four DVD set allowed each topic to be explored with a bit more detail and show a few more combinations that are possible (when relevant). That is important in more complex topics like Side Punching. for instance DVD 3 (Side techniques) allowed 2 hours on that topic, which is fairly complex, instead of 20-25 minutes on the single video version.

But the only NEW information from the version you have are the advanced topics on DVD-4. Many people have done well with the single DVD version like you have, then later get DVD-4 "advanced combinations" if their skill and interest goes to that level. That DVD is also available via PM to me.

Originally posted by ventanakaz View Post
    ...hi will, and welcome to the forum. the only ball&hook swivel that i know of that you can get right now is from member (msdeville) it's a plastic base housing with a brass ball and metal eye and S-hook. you can order one from her and she can send one off to you. ps everyone here likes her swivels. ;-)...ralph
    She also mails internationally. The newest Deville swivel is amazing and ventanakaz is correct, everyone loves it.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Onward to SpeedB.A.G. X! Summer 2019

THE 10th Year Reunion!

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Ralph and Alan, thanks for your valuable inputs.

Comment

ordered bible and DVD

Alan: Just wanted to give you a heads up that I ordered your signed bible/DVD...sent payment to you thru PayPal...

kenk

Comment

Originally posted by kenk View Post
          Alan: Just wanted to give you a heads up that I ordered your signed bible/DVD...sent payment to you thru PayPal...

kenk
          ??? better send me a PM on this, for I do not see anything in PP.

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

THE 10th Year Reunion!

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            You can buy an AUTOGRAPHED copy of Alan Kahn's Speed Bag Bible book and 2 hr training program DVD for only $20 (This is a fantastic discount on what is the definitive speed bag training course). You may order the four DVD series for $40. To order, please contact forum member "speedbag" (Alan Kahn) via private message (PM) or use this link to e-mail Alan: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...mailmember&u=6

UPDATE: Jan 2013:

The Book is now available in ebook formats, both .epub (ipad or e-readers) or .mobi (kindle).
            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

THE 10th Year Reunion!

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

The Book is now available in ebook formats, both .epub (ipad or e-readers) or .mobi (kindle).
              Well aren't you just the regular "Techno-Bagger" now!
              (welcome to the 21st century)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                Well aren't you just the regular "Techno-Bagger" now!
                (welcome to the 21st century)
                Actually, no, but money can buy those that are.....

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

THE 10th Year Reunion!

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Powermill swivel

I am looking to buy a new swivel, I was always an "Everlast" link type but this "Powermill" looks fast. Where can I buy one. Thanx Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

On Amazon.com

The Speed Bag Bible Kindle edition

http://www.amazon.com/The-Speed-Bag-...g+bible+kindle

Should be in the Apple Store in a few days

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

THE 10th Year Reunion!

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Received the book and dvd. Thanks Alan.

To anyone who is thinking about ordering this set let me just say it’s truly a fantastic offer. The hours and effort it must have taken to write this book, I would say it’s easily worth twice the price!

Comment

I already have the book from Amazon (bought before I knew about this discount! curses). Is there a way I could buy just the dvd by itself? The main dvd, not the 4-dvd set.

Comment

Originally posted by vandwedge View Post
                          I already have the book from Amazon (bought before I knew about this discount! curses). Is there a way I could buy just the dvd by itself? The main dvd, not the 4-dvd set.
                          Sure is. Contact me via the forum Personal Message (PM) system.

http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/member.php?u=6

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

THE 10th Year Reunion!

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Ordered!

Got the book and DVD ordered., Just waiting for it to come in and get to studyin. I self taught for about a month and have good rhythm until my body just tires out. Only about ten minutes straight so far going 2 and 2 or 4 and 4. But I recently quit smoking so with the help of the book and that I should be getting smoother every day... soon.

Comment

hi speedbag, is this offer still available?
                              I know, I am late.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Up View Post
                                hi speedbag, is this offer still available?
                                I know, I am late.
                                Hey 1Up. Just in case Alan doesn't read this thread right away, you can click on this link and you can send him a Private Message through the forum:

http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/member.php?u=6
                                sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                                I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

Working...
                                X