• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Jeff Thrasher View Post
    Have you thought about making two different size hooks? one for smaller thinner loops and one for beefier bags and loops?
    I don't know that the onus should be on swivel makers to constantly have to work around the loopy world of various loops.
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Mickey Dix
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jul 2019

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post

My personal feeling is that is matters. At the point in the swing where the eye bolt stem reaches its limit by hitting the swivel base, the rest of the swing is dictated by the hook and the bag loop. The ball on the Arc swivel has a larger range of motion than any other ball swivel I have seen. But even the Arc swivel ball can only swing about 50 degrees from the bottom (40 degrees from the drum). That last 40 degrees of motion are all hook and loop. The tri-hook is engineered to have smooth motion for that last 40 degrees. But if the loop is bound to the tri-hook, the loop occasionally will need to twist or pivot relative to the tri-hook. And if the loop is thick and short, it will resist the motion and throw the bag off in a weird direction. The Bradley Pro is an example of a perfect loop, IMO. It is thin and flexible, and never throws off the bag on the tri-hook.
      Very well explained RDShackleford.I have two of Roni’s bags and I like them a lot but in my opinion the loop is large and stiff.I would love to see the Roni with a loop like the Bradley Pro.

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

I haven't used a ball hook in so long I couldn't remember if the loop needed to move. I do remember certain bags would get stuck going on and off the swivel and what a ridiculous pain it was sometimes to change out a bag. Guess the one hand doesn't always know what the other is doing in the speed bag world and we get these incompatibilities.

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jun 2019

Roni will make bags to order. If anyone wants a smaller loop, I would suggest giving him specs on the desired loop size. I’m sure he would accommodate.

Comment

• pinzpirate
            • Feb 2020

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post

I don't know that the onus should be on swivel makers to constantly have to work around the loopy world of various loops.
            You were saying on the other thread that you wished the hook on your Forza ball swivel was shorter and narrower
            How do your Roni and Heritage bags fit on it ? My Cleto and Heritage bags fit Rusty's hooks just like in his pictures
            The hook on my Forza is only slightly wider than a Tri-hook

Comment

• BagBoy
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2018

Originally posted by pinzpirate View Post

You were saying on the other thread that you wished the hook on your Forza ball swivel was shorter and narrower
              How do your Roni and Heritage bags fit on it ? My Cleto and Heritage bags fit Rusty's hooks just like in his pictures
              The hook on my Forza is only slightly wider than a Tri-hook
              My Roni and Heritage bags easily fit on my forza hook. Both my Roni bags fit on my Arc's and Deville's. The heritage bags could never fit on a Deville without some surgery - which I've since done BTW. My forza's are more of a back up swivel now since all I have mounted are two different Arcs and two Deville's. Happy as a clam

BTW my Roni 5.5 bag is my new all time favorite. Going to get a few backups.
              Last edited by BagBoy; 08-13-2020, 01:24 PM.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Cazbag
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Sep 2018

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post

My Roni and Heritage bags easily fit on my forza hook. Both my Roni bags fit on my Arc's and Deville's. The heritage bags could never fit on a Deville without some surgery - which I've since done BTW. My forza's are more of a back up swivel now since all I have mounted are two different Arcs and two Deville's. Happy as a clam

BTW my Roni 5.5 bag is my new all time favorite. Going to get a few backups.
                I'm gonna have to join you on that one Bag Boy! My 5" Blue and White Ronibag has climbed to the to the top of my list too!!

Comment

• pinzpirate
                  • Feb 2020

When you buy stuff from him is it as an Etsy vendor or some other way ?

Comment

• Mickey Dix
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jul 2019

Etsy Magneti , he has an awesome green bag on there now.Go on Etsy and search speedbag it is on there.

Comment

• BagBoy
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by pinzpirate View Post
                      When you buy stuff from him is it as an Etsy vendor or some other way ?
                      Yes, as Mickey said. And if green isn't your thing he comes up with different creations and colors quite often. No bag arsenal is complete with one. Or two. Or four or five if you're insane like me.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• pinzpirate
                        • Feb 2020

"Kermit" the speed bag Definitely a cool looking bag!

Comment

• pinzpirate
                          • Feb 2020

Originally posted by Mickey Dix View Post
                          Etsy Magneti , he has an awesome green bag on there now.Go on Etsy and search speedbag it is on there.
                          Roni should give you silver tongued devils a commission When it gets here I'll let you guys know about the loop it comes with I have a feeling
                          he's already gotten feedback on this subject If Bagboy could get people to buy four or five each and get a commission he definitely would be
                          on to something

Comment

• pinzpirate
                            • Feb 2020

Originally posted by Mickey Dix View Post
                            Thanks to you and the other "silver tongued devils" Roni's bags are awesome Kermit is my new favorite bag It has a perfect loop Not too thick or long
                            It's identical to the one on my black Cleto bag My red Cleto has a little bit longer loop than most of us like but the same width and thickness
                            Do all of Roni's bags come with a storage cover?

Comment

• Speedbag
                              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Jeff Thrasher View Post
                              Have you thought about making two different size hooks? one for smaller thinner loops and one for beefier bags and loops?

"It's not the Size of the Hook, but the way it moves..."

Somebody said that a long time ago....

Anyway, On the topic of swivels that bag attachment area and size have long been an issue, at least as long as I've been punching. Even on the old standard "chainlinks" from the 70-80's the more modern bags of the 2000's would not fit because the "link" was too narrow for the thicker bag loops, which I personally find border on ridiculous. I'm pretty sure most of today's bag manufacturers are not avid speed bag users, or if they are they do not use ballhooks because they would realize the issue. (Maybe that's why the ballhook style died...?)

Anyway, back 2006, 2007 I was working (..consulting..) with a company about Ballhooks, or "The Watkins" ball-hook, and they did make a larger swivel with wider hook opening. If Memory serves they did well for a while BUT, the product always seem to be "on back order". Some people waited over 6 months!! There was some "Family issues" and business management changes and I eventually got tired of all the excuses why their swivel seemed to become a ghost. I did take all links and info about them down from my former website (speedbagcentral). I'm told fulfillment is better now, but I have not ordered or communicated with them in years.

Anyway..here a video I made back then.

A evaluation and Demo of a new Ball-hook speed bag swivel, ending with a Punch Drumming(TM) demo to Fast Music.

The swivel is sold here. (the picture of the swivel has not changed since 2006.) Notice the larger ball-hook option.

Find it here... https://fitness-equipment.com/collections/boxing-gear
                              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                              The Quest Continues...
                              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rdshackleford
                                Speed Bag Guru
                                • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                                ... my former website (speedbagcentral)...
                                your website is gone? when did that happen?
                                @ArcSwivel
                                #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...