• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

loops on Roni's speed bags

I just wanted to warn Arc swivel users that the loops on Roni's (ronispeedbag on IG, magneti on Etsy) speed bag are too wide and thick for the tri-hook on the Arc. Don't get me wrong, his hand-made bags are of the highest quality and a pleasure to use. But the loops require a larger hook or u-bolt.

@ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Have you hit his 5X8 bag? I want to get the one pictured. That loop is no problem for me. Simply gorgeous bag. Bag on.

Comment

• rdshackleford
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2016

I have two of his bags. Not sure of the size. One was a very early model, super light and the fastest bag I have. And it has a thin loop, so it works on the Arc.
      @ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

I didn't know about Roni's speed bags until you posted this. Thanks for that!

Comment

• BagBoy
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
          I just wanted to warn Arc swivel users that the loops on Roni's (ronispeedbag on IG, magneti on Etsy) speed bag are too wide and thick for the tri-hook on the Arc. Don't get me wrong, his hand-made bags are of the highest quality and a pleasure to use. But the loops require a larger hook or u-bolt.
          Hmm I have two and both of them fit on my tri-hooks. I CAN post a pic.. The only bags I cannot fit on almost all hooks are the damn heritage bags.

Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• BagBoy
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by paranday View Post
            Have you hit his 5X8 bag? I want to get the one pictured. That loop is no problem for me. Simply gorgeous bag. Bag on.
            paranday I have a 5.5 - 8 and they fly! It's a very light bag. I actually swapped out the #2 enaky bladder for a #4 to give it a little more meat but it didn't slow it down. At All. Roni does now have some heavier material/leather so there is that option. Some very cool, electric colors.
            Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• pinzpirate
              • Feb 2020

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post

Hmm I have two and both of them fit on my tri-hooks. I CAN post a pic.. The only bags I cannot fit on almost all hooks are the damn heritage bags.
              Both of my Heritage bags fit on Rusty's tri-hook Maybe yours weren't made Pakistan style

Comment

• rdshackleford
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2016

These are my two Roni bags on the tri-hook. The brown bag fits pretty well. The black one takes a lot of effort to squeeze it onto the hook, and the bag cannot pivot. Also, the loop is getting frayed from the tight fit while getting it on and off the hook.

@ArcSwivel
                #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Jeff Thrasher
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Apr 2020

I have the same issue. But not just my Roni bag, my title super fast has a wide loop and my balazs same thing. I can get it on but almost impossible to get off.

Comment

• Jeff Thrasher
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Apr 2020

Have you thought about making two different size hooks? one for smaller thinner loops and one for beefier bags and loops?

Comment

• rdshackleford
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Jeff Thrasher View Post
                      Have you thought about making two different size hooks? one for smaller thinner loops and one for beefier bags and loops?
                      The current standard tri-hook is the larger size and fits all the good commercial bags on the market including the Cleto, the Balazs Laser, and the Ringside Heritage. I have no trouble getting the Balazs Laser on or off the tri-hook. And I have zero interest in supporting the Title Super Fast banana bag. Roni's are hand-made, so he should make his loops no bigger than the best speed bags on the market. See the pic for how well it fits the Cleto and the Balazs Laser.

@ArcSwivel
                      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• paranday
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Sep 2009

Does it matter with a ball hook swivel if the bag loop doesn't pivot?
                        Last edited by paranday; 08-07-2020, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Oct 2016

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                          Does it matter with a ball hook swivel if the bag loop doesn't pivot?
                          My personal feeling is that is matters. At the point in the swing where the eye bolt stem reaches its limit by hitting the swivel base, the rest of the swing is dictated by the hook and the bag loop. The ball on the Arc swivel has a larger range of motion than any other ball swivel I have seen. But even the Arc swivel ball can only swing about 50 degrees from the bottom (40 degrees from the drum). That last 40 degrees of motion are all hook and loop. The tri-hook is engineered to have smooth motion for that last 40 degrees. But if the loop is bound to the tri-hook, the loop occasionally will need to twist or pivot relative to the tri-hook. And if the loop is thick and short, it will resist the motion and throw the bag off in a weird direction. The Bradley Pro is an example of a perfect loop, IMO. It is thin and flexible, and never throws off the bag on the tri-hook.
                          @ArcSwivel
                          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• dad
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Dec 2018

A simple ,clear, precise explanation is so hard to come by thanks RD for nailing that one.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Oct 2016

Originally posted by dad View Post
                              A simple ,clear, precise explanation is so hard to come by thanks RD for nailing that one.
                              wow, dad, thanks for that. I am not so sure it was simple, but the other two things definitely, lol
                              @ArcSwivel
                              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...