X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

Something to consider about the 30" platform is your head pretty much has to fit under it. With my arthritic shoulders, I cannot stand under the platform and reach up. That is why I did a custom 26" drum.
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jun 2019

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
      Something to consider about the 30" platform is your head pretty much has to fit under it. With my arthritic shoulders, I cannot stand under the platform and reach up. That is why I did a custom 26" drum.
      Noted.... I'll check out how close my head is to the platform after work. Unfortunately, I've only hit on the two stations I have at home. I may try to look up some boxing gyms and see if they will let me test out their platforms before I make any final decisions.

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jun 2019

I've called a couple gyms so far and it seems my X-Mark is nicer than what they have. We actually have an official 'Title' boxing gym here. They have one, that's right one, platform. When the title guy saw my Xmark on film, he said 'Whoa, where did u get that nice platform?'. That's not what I wanted to hear.

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jun 2019

I'll leave this here for now....local source
          Attached Files

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jun 2019

I guess my hard work is starting to pay off. My tentacles have reached into the estate/consignment community. Scored this morning!

This is the first 4200 I've had in my hands, but it looks and feels like it's in great shape to me? Upon further inspection, the original bladder has a leak at the valve. Does anyone with 4200 experience have any input on which bladder pairs best?

Thanks

*Caz, I didn't forget about the 4204 yourself and BagBoy want or the 80's Ringside. If I find one it will go to someone. I cant really do my stuff on those little bags yet anyway.
            Last edited by LouisvilleBagr; 08-31-2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Cazbag
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2018

Looks like a beauty from here! When I conditioned mine I guess I should have been a little easier around the logos and what not as the gold lettering faded fast. Perhaps that happens with use anyway as it is my first as well?

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Cazbag View Post
                Looks like a beauty from here! When I conditioned mine I guess I should have been a little easier around the logos and what not as the gold lettering faded fast. Perhaps that happens with use anyway as it is my first as well?
                This was from an estate and was attached to what I assume was the original platform and swivel it came with? That or they upgraded the bag? I had to buy it too. It was definitely kept somewhere safe and not hit often. That's how it looked after just wiping it off with a leather wipe.

This will be my most critical bladder change to date. Im worried I'm going to screw it up. I've been practicing on a few, but still no expert.

Comment

• Cazbag
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2018

Someone is bound to chime in on repairing those original plastic bladders, think I remember a post where Alan and others referred to patching them many times, if it is repairable. Since the bladder was disintegrated in mine removing the nipple was only trouble and I just yanked it with pliers.

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jun 2019

Ok, problem solved. I had an extra Everlast bladder and it fits perfectly. This thing is a joy to hit. Very soft, no gloves required.

Comment

• Zaz
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by LouisvilleBagr View Post
                      Ok, problem solved. I had an extra Everlast bladder and it fits perfectly. This thing is a joy to hit. Very soft, no gloves required.
                      At first, i thought it was the bag i sold you. I should had read the post before looking at the pictures

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Zaz View Post

At first, i thought it was the bag i sold you. I should had read the post before looking at the pictures
                        Zaz,

When it rains, it pours. I've been making contacts with folks who deal with estate sales. A coworker hooked me up with this dealer, who apparently often comes across vintage bags. They received this 4200 a couple days ago and I picked it up this morning.

I'm just starting to get my local pipeline going...taking over the city. Bags never sleep.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by LouisvilleBagr; 09-01-2019, 06:33 AM.

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Jun 2019

The 4200 from Zaz is my new favorite. The one I found here locally is second. I already have my guard dog trained to protect them.

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Jun 2019

I finally got my hands on a Bradley bag. First impression...its amazing. I can confirm the rave reviews.

It feels amazing to hit. As far as currently produced bags, this is the standard for quality in my collection so far.

Comment

• Jim Walker
                              • Dec 2018

Originally posted by LouisvilleBagr View Post
                              I finally got my hands on a Bradley bag. First impression...its amazing. I can confirm the rave reviews.

It feels amazing to hit. As far as currently produced bags, this is the standard for quality in my collection so far.
                              WARNING! To anyone else thinking of obtaining a Bradley Speed Ball. Your other bags might begin to collect dust.

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
                                Speed Bag Guru
                                • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Jim Walker View Post

WARNING! To anyone else thinking of obtaining a Bradley Speed Ball. Your other bags might begin to collect dust.
                                And I just have the standard Bradley ball. I'm sure some of you noticed the two that were up on ebay over the past few weeks. What you see on the hook is one. I'm hoping someone on the forum grabbed the other? It was $67 total shipped.

I can only imagine how the Pro Ball must feel, but I will soon find out.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...