Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Current Bag

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
    This is my current fav bag. Maybe its because I just got it on eBay for $7.50. Maybe because its the new kid. Or maybe its because of the super-soft moccasin leather, inverted seams, beautiful camel color leather, original soft leather lace, great balance and kick-ass bounce! Other than that, I know nothing of this bag or the Genesport brand. Dutchman, please comment. It is a 8"x5" bag, which I assume is rare for that vintage.

    I thought this pic might have caused a few more comments.
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Cazbag View Post

      Seeing it on the drum looks like it would be a joy to give a go!
      Easter egg style

      Comment


      • #33
        Anyone ever track a parcel coming from the Australian Post? One of my new additions is about to take a LONG ride to Louisville.

        Comment


        • #34
          Not Australia but from the Philippines last year. It had quite the journey to get here that's for sure, I think it was a heavy week atleast and I think it back tracked a time or 2 as well. Like waiting on Santa Claus knowing something awesome coming

          Comment


          • #35
            While this isnt a 'current' bag, its certainly one of my current favorites. The one on the left was on the porch today. Great shape, original plastic bladder no leaks. The one on the tri hook needed a new bladder. I'm interested to see how it feels with the original bladder. I think this is the first one I've found with a usable original.
            Last edited by LouisvilleBagr; 08-28-2019, 03:35 PM.

            Comment


            • #36
              I'm sure you have read the previous thread where Ralph and I discuss the awesomeness of the 4213. I think I have 4 of them now. Not, sure, lost count.
              @ArcSwivel
              #ArcSwivel sigpic

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                I'm sure you have read the previous thread where Ralph and I discuss the awesomeness of the 4213. I think I have 4 of them now. Not, sure, lost count.
                Thanks Rusty, I missed that one, I'll track it down now.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Of the three late model institutional Everlast bags, the 4213 is my second favorite, just behind my 4205's

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I agree with that. The 4205 is really something special.
                    On the big end I would vote for the 4205. On the small end, my vote goes to my apparently very rare buckskin Genesport
                    @ArcSwivel
                    #ArcSwivel sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                      I agree with that. The 4205 is really something special.
                      On the big end I would vote for the 4205. On the small end, my vote goes to my apparently very rare buckskin Genesport
                      I have yet to see a 4205. I see on the chart it's a bit larger than the 4213. Do you think a 24 inch drum could handle that effectively?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        A bit larger is an understatement. The dimension numbers don't do it justice. It is a bag for giants. And yet it is one of the most perfectly proportioned bags ever made. And for its size, it is pound-for-pound and ounce-for-ounce one of the fastest and lightest bags as well. I don't have a pic yet of it on one of my Arc swivels. I'll try to get one up tomorrow.
                        @ArcSwivel
                        #ArcSwivel sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Oh yes, I've seen the comparison Ventanakaz made on YouTube after that wicked combo. I'll have to wait until I do some custom drums.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by LouisvilleBagr View Post

                            I have yet to see a 4205. I see on the chart it's a bit larger than the 4213. Do you think a 24 inch drum could handle that effectively?
                            You need at least a 30" drum to use a 4205, otherwise the belly of the bag is going to hit on the edge of a 24" platform

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                              You need at least a 30" drum to use a 4205, otherwise the belly of the bag is going to hit on the edge of a 24" platform
                              I just fits on my 26" platform, and the short swivel helps.



                              @ArcSwivel
                              #ArcSwivel sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Thanks you gentlemen for the info and comparison. I'll do a 30 one of these days.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X