X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LouisvilleBagr
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jun 2019

The Jim Bradley folks are really cool. They offered to send a couple free bladders with a bag to offset some of the shipping cost. I work in air cargo and have a few contacts who who travel to Australia and New Zealand, so I inquired about in store sales. While that is not an option, their factory is about 10 min from the Melbourne airport. I could have my order picked up there. Decisions, decisions.

Comment

• rdshackleford
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2016

This is my current fav bag. Maybe its because I just got it on eBay for $7.50. Maybe because its the new kid. Or maybe its because of the super-soft moccasin leather, inverted seams, beautiful camel color leather, original soft leather lace, great balance and kick-ass bounce! Other than that, I know nothing of this bag or the Genesport brand. Dutchman, please comment. It is a 8"x5" bag, which I assume is rare for that vintage.

@ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

Oh, what we have apparently lost from the Great White North. From my limited observations (I've only seen three Genesport bags) they are well made of high quality leather. While they seemed to have specialized in larger bags (their output seems to have been aimed at martial artists and believe it or not hockey players) this size is about the smallest of what was offered. The inventory of the firm was liquidated at a martial arts supply shop in Montreal back in December 2017

Comment

• Mydogsparty
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Oct 2018

1.) Title Perilous 8x5
          2.) Ringside Heritage 8x5
          3.) Balaz Lazer 8x5

Comment

• rdshackleford
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
            ... and believe it or not hockey players...
            I am not surprised. George Carlin said hockey is just a modified form of boxing.

@ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• BagBoy
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2018

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post

I am not surprised. George Carlin said hockey is just a modified form of boxing.
              Went to a game this past Tuesday night. There were a few unscheduled boxing matches that broke out. A lot of "bang" for the buck.
              Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• rdshackleford
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2016

For size comparison

@ArcSwivel
                #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Cazbag
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2018

For size comparison

What is the official size of the Atomic pictured? The stats on your current fav look and sound very appealing. Seeing it on the drum looks like it would be a joy to give a go!

Comment

• rdshackleford
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Oct 2016

That is the S Atomic Pro (6" x 8"). Notice it is a fatboy, not a tallboy. It is extremely lightweight. I don't really like it because of the light weight, slows down a lot on a 2nd rebound, and the synthetic panels grab too much on my lacquered and epoxied drums. I can't imagine what the 4"x6" is like.
                    @ArcSwivel
                    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Zaz
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post

I have both heritage bags and yeah they are great! Both of them didn't hold air longer than a few days each. It's odd how that happens but both now have oranges in them. I still say that the heritage loop is ridiculously thick.
                      Does changing the original latex bladder for the Title orange change the speed and rebound of your heritage bags?

Comment

• BagBoy
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Zaz View Post

Does changing the original latex bladder for the Title orange change the speed and rebound of your heritage bags?
                        Zaz I had the same concern. Those bags are great right the way they come. That said; the orange bladders had no discernable negative effects whatsoever.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Zaz
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Sep 2018

Zaz I had the same concern. Those bags are great right the way they come. That said; the orange bladders had no discernable negative effects whatsoever.
                          Thank you for answering my question BagBoy. I appreciate

Comment

• Zaz
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Sep 2018

That is the S Atomic Pro (6" x 8"). Notice it is a fatboy, not a tallboy. It is extremely lightweight. I don't really like it because of the light weight, slows down a lot on a 2nd rebound, and the synthetic panels grab too much on my lacquered and epoxied drums. I can't imagine what the 4"x6" is like.
                            I have the same bag and i don't like it either. I should have spent 10$ more to buy a Title Perilous instead.

Comment

• BagBoy
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Zaz View Post

Thank you for answering my question BagBoy. I appreciate
                              Zaz Apologies - I just double checked and I have (of all things) a stock title quick tech bladder in the large one and an orange (Enkay) in the little fella. But still that big one moves like it did originally, but hold air extremely well. Either way you will be fine in the case that you've ordered yourself a few oranges.

Had to clarify

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Zaz
                                Speed Bag Guru
                                • Sep 2018

Zaz Apologies - I just double checked and I have (of all things) a stock title quick tech bladder in the large one and an orange (Enkay) in the little fella. But still that big one moves like it did originally, but hold air extremely well. Either way you will be fine in the case that you've ordered yourself a few oranges.

Had to clarify
                                Thanks again

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...