• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Saturday Morning Inspiration

Just felt the need to post a little something. Ever since "SPEEDB.A.G. IV" I've been working on some new combos inspired by all you great baggers!

Took a break from editing the film and ended up hitting for over 2 hours!
    This was my cooldown.... then jumped in the shower and went to meet Lisa (SpeedBag4Life) as she was heading through town. She sends her best to everyone!

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
    Just felt the need to post a little something. Ever since "SPEEDB.A.G. IV" I've been working on some new combos inspired by all you great baggers!

Took a break from editing the film and ended up hitting for over 2 hours!
    This was my cooldown.... then jumped in the shower and went to meet Lisa (SpeedBag4Life) as she was heading through town. She sends her best to everyone!

Za, you are getting seriously GOOD! Love that double bumping downward elbow combo!. Smooth as ebo!

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      Za, you are getting seriously GOOD! Love that double bumping downward elbow combo!. Smooth as ebo!

Thanks so much Alan, everyday there's something new to learn!

Comment

• deano
        Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

very cool Zaza ,good mix of combos seeming effortless.deano

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by deano View Post
          Deano, don't take this personal - but I really miss you man! Love watching you hit the speed bag! no matter what they say, you are an original and nobody does it quite like you.

just saying....
          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• florian 380
            • Nov 2012

Nice !!!!!! Perfect saturday morning ....
            Cool rhythm

Comment

• deano
              Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

thanks Alan,i wish NJ was closer so I could have a punch with all of you again.wont be punchjng for a long time,5 weeks now since shoulder op,doing it a bit tuff,still on pain killers and full recovery a long way off,just in the shed helping my son on a project and he accidently burnt the fingers on myleft hand,the reflex to pull my hand away put the pain thru my shoulder like I got hit by lightning ,cant win.deano

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

thanks Alan,i wish NJ was closer so I could have a punch with all of you again. wont be punchjng for a long time,5 weeks now since shoulder op,doing it a bit tuff,still on pain killers and full recovery a long way off,just in the shed helping my son on a project and he accidently burnt the fingers on myleft hand,the reflex to pull my hand away put the pain thru my shoulder like I got hit by lightning ,cant win.deano
                So you finally took the leap and had the operation, huh? Well, good on ya mate. I think I can sympathize with you since I have a few shoulder surgeries myself. ( six ), and a few other forum members have gone under the knife also. Sitting around rehabing gets old BUT you can't rush it. You'll be back punching in a few months. Good luck to ya!

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• nah
                  • Jul 2013

Nice~

Nice right after double tap elbow combos. Trying to work on it, but not easy. ^!^

Comment

• Zaza
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2011

Thanks deano! Now heal-up fast so you can back to the bag.
                    Best,
                    -Za

Originally posted by nah View Post
                    Nice right after double tap elbow combos. Trying to work on it, but not easy. ^!^
                    That's why I thought I'd throw in the SloMo...take your time, you'll get it faster then you think!

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Too Good

Za,
                      Awesome baggin!! Inspiring, that's how I like to be. Cool that I provoke such amazing things in people. I know your secret, though. This guy is "making a film," no he is studying. For how many hours a day and how many hours of footage have you poured through of the greatest speed baggers ever? Then rewound and slow motioned it, over and over again, making it the perfect cut just like those double elbow strikes. Then after all that studying, you go and release all that built up energy on the bag. Tell everyone how the bag has helped you in your other art. Before speed bag holding a camera and after hitting the speed bag for a couple years. That's real world application!!! You've been putting in work and it shows tremendously. Nice!!

Deano,
                      Man, so sorry to hear about your pain. You know rest is best and ice is nice!! Did I get that, you might be coming to SB V? That would be the best. I miss you and your father too. Hope to have the chance to hang with you again sometime.

The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

• Zaza
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Apr 2011

Guilty as charged! ... And you're right, after all this bagging, holding a shoulder camera for hours at a time steady is much easier.

Comment

• Zaza
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                          Smooth baggin, looks very cool, how come your bag looks brand new and mine looks beat and dirty with some cracks on it ? btw I hated that bag when I first got it, untill I changed out the bladder. It's the go to bag when I miss to much or need to get better on a combo and also learning new combos. But it's not the softest bag, but it's a must have bag in my stable. Love the bag and love the sweet sounds in your vid. Nice work buddy...ralph
                          Thanks Ralph! As you know, I love that bag too and hit it all the time...maybe it's the difference in weather up here in the Northeast? My bags don't crack much, I think I've only had one that did.

Mine also has the original bladder in it and has always had a great rebound...Tommy and I were talking and we both agree that this bag just gets better the more you hit it!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                            Thanks Ralph! As you know, I love that bag too and hit it all the time...maybe it's the difference in weather up here in the Northeast? My bags don't crack much, I think I've only had one that did.

Mine also has the original bladder in it and has always had a great rebound...Tommy and I were talking and we both agree that this bag just gets better the more you hit it!
                            I've been using the B&W 9x6 Fighting Sports a lot also. I love the color contrast and how the "spin" tells you immediately if you made a good contact. If your fist or elbow hits "dead on" were it is supposed to the bag doesn't spin much, if you hit a bit off center it spins a lot and is easily seen. I've been using it a lot for working the impressive double bumping and inward-outward elbow combinations displayed at SB-III and IV. I've got TommyT and G-town video's on my slo-mo and as soon as I figure out what in the heck they're doing, and how they do it, I'm going to learn them.

TommyT has an outward triple elbow- to -upward Elbow -to -downward elbow strike combination that is just too cool for school, and I just figured out the "trick". I filmed him doing it from several angles. If you miss-hit any contact, the 9x6 FS bag shows it immediately. I should know, I miss hit it a lot. But he doesn't. He Rips it out without even thinking about i.

and don't get me started on the stuff G-town does.
                            Last edited by Speedbag; 09-03-2013, 03:03 PM.
                            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• G-Town
                              Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

ZaZA!

Do'in your thing... Bringin' the rain' It's what we "Dew"

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...