X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

a manhole cover seems a bit overkill. its a tiny little speed bag, not a city bus. How about some nice aluminum plate, plasma cut circular, bevel edge. clear coated or not. all weather. would not have to be that thick, or that heavy.
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• BagBoy
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
      a manhole cover seems a bit overkill. .
      Rusty, these day we are supposed to sensitive and inclusive. A "manhole" cover is now a Personhole cover.

Right now I'm watching Late Night With David Letterperson!!!

Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• UK mark
        • Nov 2018

Originally posted by PunchDrummer View Post
        I made a number of platforms for myself, and "triangles" (tetrahedron), make the strongest support, virtually eliminating vibration with they're mounted properly to a structure. The problem is that it is more complex to integrate a height-adjustment system without compromising that fantastic multi-point strength. That's really nice, and I hope you produce it for sale and use the strength as a marketing statement. Good job!! I'd buy one to replace my now rotted outdoor platform, but I think it would need a metal drum. Been looking for an iron manhole cover to replace that drum. Sweet!
        I was looking at a higher adjustable version but couldn't see how without sacrificing the strength,weight and cost to produce it
        i also designed a different style of platform using 30mm thick quartz slab that's ideal for outdoor use I'll post a picture of that one too ,

Comment

• UK mark
          • Nov 2018

Previous design of speedbag platform with quartz slab drum
          Attached Files

Comment

• Zaz
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2018

Originally posted by UK mark View Post
            Here's the finished project of hours of cutting angle iron to length , trial and error of cutting angles to match up, sanding, varnishing, driving around to obtain all the components and powder coating, and finally designing the logo/graphics , I did test it before getting it powder coated just in case , pleased to say it was very solid with almost no rattle/vibration and exceeded my expectations
            what do you guys think ?
            Pics taken today whilst at work ( laid on the floor)
            50mm thick hardwood ply , currently getting quotes for real solid wood too
            Nice work Mark! I like the design of your platform. Looks very solid!

Comment

• Mickey Dix
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jul 2019

Previous design of speedbag platform with quartz slab drum
              Would love to have that setup for my deck outsidevery nice job UK Mark!!!!

Comment

• UK mark
                • Nov 2018

Tbh it's quite easy to obtain quartz slab over here and have it cut to size, plus drilling through it is easier than marble or granite

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Here's the finished project of hours of cutting angle iron to length , trial and error of cutting angles to match up, sanding, varnishing, driving around to obtain all the components and powder coating, and finally designing the logo/graphics , I did test it before getting it powder coated just in case , pleased to say it was very solid with almost no rattle/vibration and exceeded my expectations
                  what do you guys think ?
                  Pics taken today whilst at work ( laid on the floor)
                  50mm thick hardwood ply , currently getting quotes for real solid wood too
                  Awesome job. Looks fast!
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                    Ms Deville's husband built several different platforms for their use, Besides wood, he made one out of plate steel, another out of reinforced concrete. There should be photos of them on here plus there are Youtube videos of them in use. A manhole cover is several hundred pounds and in normal use requires two rather strong people to move them around, even with the purpose built pry bars that they use. Depending upon their age they can be made of cast iron, later ones cast steel. The ones at where I work all seem to be cast in India...

(actually not married....always describe as "My Friend Raul" )

Concrete
                    Raul, a speed bag platform innovator and my personal trainer has been at it again. This time he built a concrete speed bag platform. He constructed this plat...

non-adustable
                    The Deville X-15 platform has been designed for optimum performance. The frame is made from 1/8" 1-1/2" steel box tubing. It includes a 24" solid wood drum w...

I don't remember what this one is made of,...but it's solid!
                    New bag $30. New swivel $20. Fresh paint for platform $4. A patient spouse PRICELESS!Now all I need is video editing capabilities. I recorded this cli...

Just for fun...
                    Working out on a vertical speed bag platform that is mounted on the side of a big panel truck.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...