Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finished project

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Finished project

    Here's the finished project of hours of cutting angle iron to length , trial and error of cutting angles to match up, sanding, varnishing, driving around to obtain all the components and powder coating, and finally designing the logo/graphics , I did test it before getting it powder coated just in case , pleased to say it was very solid with almost no rattle/vibration and exceeded my expectations
    what do you guys think ?
    Pics taken today whilst at work ( laid on the floor)
    50mm thick hardwood ply , currently getting quotes for real solid wood too

  • #2
    Originally posted by UK mark View Post
    Here's the finished project of hours of cutting angle iron to length , trial and error of cutting angles to match up, sanding, varnishing, driving around to obtain all the components and powder coating, and finally designing the logo/graphics , I did test it before getting it powder coated just in case , pleased to say it was very solid with almost no rattle/vibration and exceeded my expectations
    what do you guys think ?
    Pics taken today whilst at work ( laid on the floor)
    50mm thick hardwood ply , currently getting quotes for real solid wood too
    Very nicely done Mark. It is great you have the skills to design a awesome platform like that. Hope you have an arcswivel for the platform!!!Hope to see a video of it use soon.

    Comment


    • #3
      Id love an arc swivel although in the UK are they available to order?
      yeah when it finally stops raining over here I'll put it up outside an shoot a video

      Comment


      • #4
        Looks great that pal, is it just one off or have you any plans to start selling them?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by UK mark View Post
          Id love an arc swivel although in the UK are they available to order?
          yeah when it finally stops raining over here I'll put it up outside an shoot a video
          Not sure if arcswivel is available outside of U.S. you could check with@arcswivel.looking forward to view your video!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Speedslug View Post
            Looks great that pal, is it just one off or have you any plans to start selling them?
            Hopefully to sell them depending weather it's worthwhile after final costs of producing them, I've put a lot of time and effort into this platform, be a shame not to produce more
            thanks for the compliment , much appreciated

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mickey Dix View Post

              Not sure if arcswivel is available outside of U.S. you could check with@arcswivel.looking forward to view your video!!!
              Do you still have to link it to YouTube to post a video ?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by UK mark View Post

                Do you still have to link it to YouTube to post a video ?
                Yes I believe you do. I am having trouble figuring it out how to post a video lol

                Comment


                • #9
                  Mark, them is some damn good looking pictures of an awesome looking platform. Beauty that makes me want to hit stuff! Scrumpdillyishus!!! A crisp looking Arc Whip (the white one) would look and more importantly WORK wonders on there.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
                    Mark, them is some damn good looking pictures of an awesome looking platform. Beauty that makes me want to hit stuff! Scrumpdillyishus!!! A crisp looking Arc Whip (the white one) would look and more importantly WORK wonders on there.
                    Why thank you , I'm really happy from the response I'm getting for my platform design, Iam going to look into getting an arc soon , as the only hook and ball swivel I've seen available in the UK is by Forza?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Black or red would look good on that drum. Pm me your address and I’ll get you a price with shipping.
                      @ArcSwivel
                      #ArcSwivel sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Mark, that is one beautiful design, your double tri-angle with center support is simple (many can create a complex solution but it take a good mind to solve the problem simply) right to the point of solving vibration. I’m really looking forward to a video.
                        Also, go for that Arc it is also a great design, you will not be disappointed. They deserve each other.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Great job UK, love the geometry going on there! Post a video when you get her settled in, love to see how she functions.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I made a number of platforms for myself, and "triangles" (tetrahedron), make the strongest support, virtually eliminating vibration with they're mounted properly to a structure. The problem is that it is more complex to integrate a height-adjustment system without compromising that fantastic multi-point strength. That's really nice, and I hope you produce it for sale and use the strength as a marketing statement. Good job!! I'd buy one to replace my now rotted outdoor platform, but I think it would need a metal drum. Been looking for an iron manhole cover to replace that drum. Sweet!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Ms Deville's husband built several different platforms for their use, Besides wood, he made one out of plate steel, another out of reinforced concrete. There should be photos of them on here plus there are Youtube videos of them in use. A manhole cover is several hundred pounds and in normal use requires two rather strong people to move them around, even with the purpose built pry bars that they use. Depending upon their age they can be made of cast iron, later ones cast steel. The ones at where I work all seem to be cast in India...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X