• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

"Art of the Bag" - A Speed Bag Story

Finally its time has come...and I'm counting on all my fellow speed bag addicts & enthusiasts!

As some of you may know, I'm not only a speed bag addict, but a filmmaker as well. Ever since finding this group, Alan, Tim...and everyone else, I've wanted to create a documentary all about the speed bag. So, I'm making one...and all of you can help make that happen.

It will be titled "Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story" and will give a brief history of it's origins and it's evolution into the art-form it is today.

Please take a moment to visit the Kickstarter Project, view the teaser, the project details and if possible, please make a small donation to the cause. We have to let the world know more about this truely addictive activity!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...peed-bag-story

I will be attending SPEED B.A.G. III in July and will be getting interviews and speed bag footage, so if you can make it down, chances are good that you may even appear in the film (with your permissions of course). Wouldn't that be a hoot?

For a mere $1.00 donation, you can become a part of the team and see your name appear in the credits...go a bit more and there are some really nice perks to be had.

So please, spread the word and pass the link along to everyone you know, post it on your Facebook page, YouTube Channel...anywhere & every where.

....and follow the production blog I've created for updates and breaking news on the project:
    http://artofthebag.zazacast.com/

The final film will be entered in film festivals across the country and around the world... there may even be a screening close to you.

I hope you can join me in making this film a reality. Every little bit helps and ALL donations are most apperciated.

Bag On,
    -Zaza

PayPal Donation

Last edited by Zaza; 10-17-2013, 01:21 PM.
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com
  • Johnny O
    • Apr 2011

Zaza,

This looks like a very cool project and I can't wait to see the finished product.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

A c t i o n . . .

This is soooo exciting, Zaza. I am still so hopelessly addicted to the speed bag and love it when I find others who can relate to this passion of mine.

I have backed other Kickstarter projects, so I am familiar with the website. I just signed in and made a pledge. Come on everybody, join in and help Zaza make this project come to fruition. After all, how many times are you going to get the opportunity to see your name in the credits of a movie!

Just a suggestion, Zaza... maybe you could start a Thread in the main Discussion Category of the forum, with a link to this Thread. I'm not sure if everyone checks out the History Thread on a regular basis.
      Last edited by MsDeville; 04-27-2012, 02:16 PM.
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

WOW... thank you both, this is a great help!

Dee.... that's a great idea, I wasn't sure which category was best. I always just hit the 'new posts' button when I come into the forum.

Comment

• TheBagger
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Apr 2011

Looks really good, i can't wait to see the interview with Alan who else will be on there? would really like to see the man behind the hood Ebozyn! love his combos.

Comment

• Zaza
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by TheBagger View Post
            Looks really good, i can't wait to see the interview with Alan who else will be on there? would really like to see the man behind the hood Ebozyn! love his combos.
            ...we'd all like to see the "man behind the curtain"... but I don't think that's going to happen. I've been in touch with him. Maybe a little forum pressure?

Comment

• Zaza
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by TheBagger View Post
              So... we have Alan (of course)...then there's Tim (how can you tell this story without THE speed bag forum?)... Brian Tichy expressed interest...and Ms. DeVille is a must.

There are plenty more to come...and I'll be getting some help from the true historians here too! (thanks Jim)

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                So... we have Alan (of course)...then there's Tim (how can you tell this story without THE speed bag forum?)... Brian Tichy expressed interest...and Ms. DeVille is a must.

There are plenty more to come...and I'll be getting some help from the true historians here too! (thanks Jim)
                To All forum members, trust me on this...

There is a huge number of dedicated and fascinating "baggers" in this world, many of whom (sadly...) are not forum members, or at least active ones. But...they are baggers non-the-less. and it's a world wide community.

I've had the good fortune to meet many via email, (letters before the age of email), phone, video's back and forth... you name it. Probably due to The Speed Bag Bible, I've got a huge list of names, files of letters, vhs video's sent to me.... you name it.

There is no shortage of great people to interview, no shortage of stories lines to be told, however there is a shortage of money. It takes money to travel to places and interview people. Not all can come to use. Some will require that the camera go to them. To video locations, where dedicated baggers are involved with speed bag activities in interesting ways.

To really make this film live, to make it a reality, worthy of perhaps national attention (PBS, film festivals... huge market) it will take MONEY to go and get the stories, and to do it right. ZAZA is taking the plunge, camera in hand, willing to go. "Have bag, have camera, will travel" but he can't do it on his own. He needs our help. this will be no picnic for him and he will need our support.

Kickstarter is the place to help. It's support to our own legitimate film maker. Let's make it happen!

I know times are tough and money is tight. If you can't give $$, then post the this link to kickstarter on every forum you visit. Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, your own website.... you name it. Please help support this project by telling everyone you know. One law of marketing is that every person has a least twelve contacts that can learn of your idea and pass it on to others. Maybe you can't give, but a friend of a friend of a friend has an uncle who might lend support.

You never know. but I know this. I want to keep ZaZa in the air and on the ground, constantly traveling to tell this story right. And travel takes money. ZaZa can't be expected to travel to SB-III as well as 5-7 locations around the country to do interviews and locations without help. Personally, I'd love to send him to Australia, and interview Deano and Ted, or Britain to get some of our active UK crowd. there be Baggers in New Zealand and South Africa. We have strong bag support in Sweden, as well as a growing contingent in India. And let's not forget Canada, with many new baggers joining the ranks. At least, if my book and video mailings tell me about trends.

I know he can't get to them all, but let's help him get to as many as possible! Even if only in US. Spread the word!

Last edited by Speedbag; 04-30-2012, 09:29 AM.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2009

Would think Dutchman would be a great fact checker, as well as a source of obscure speed bag related information. He's the go-to guy for bag history.

Comment

• PunchDrummer
                    • Jan 2012

Alan has given me one of the greatest gifts I’ve ever received, and I believe that he is an intelligent, ethical, honest man, and a really good guy.
                    I trust his judgment.
                    If he asks me to jump”, I ask “how high?”.

A well-done film on speed bagging - especially Bible-Style, could propel the art to newfound heights.

LET’S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!

Please contribute. Alan has given us something special - please help give him a little back so his work - and yours too, is further recognized for being among one of the coolest things a person can do.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Yes!

I'm with ya, PunchDrummer! 100%!

I'm trying to do my part by posting the link to Zaza's kickstarter project to as many Facebook friends' walls and to my Twitter and maybe I should shoot a short vid for YouTube to alert the people who are subscribed to my YouTube channel. We need to get it OUT THERE ON THE WEB. Zaza has only a short window of time to raise these funds. You can pledge as little or as much as you want, from $1 and up. And there are nice little perks for pledging, too.

So, as PunchDrummer said, Let's Get This Party Started and pledge and pass the link on to others.

Zaza, if you are taking suggestions on who you might want to contact or interview, may I suggest Dee Pooler (the Bay area, I think), The Punch Professor (http://www.youtube.com/user/PunchProfessor/videos), I think he's in Florida... and, of course, there's Showtime Johnny Pal (he lives in southern California now). They have inspired many baggers.
                      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• DarthPistachio
                        • Mar 2012

I'm all in favour of this project and I've made some posts on most of the forums I am a member of - hopefully they won't get pulled as some form of misconstrued advertising by the mods...

I'll be pledging some funds towards the project in the next few weeks myself also
                        Find out a lot about me by visiting these sites:
                        Meshweaver - Fabsreptiles
                        They say that 1,000 monkeys with 1,000 typewriters will eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare - now thanks to the internet we know this is not true....

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by DarthPistachio View Post
                          I'm all in favour of this project and I've made some posts on most of the forums I am a member of - hopefully they won't get pulled as some form of misconstrued advertising by the mods...

I'll be pledging some funds towards the project in the next few weeks myself also
                          Yep. That usually depends on how it's presented and making it more of a forum based content "info post" with a link, or better yet, a few links, ...so as not to be an seen as a direct "in your face" request.

Sneaky....
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• DarthPistachio
                            • Mar 2012

yup that's how I did it - but some mods live in permanent power trip land!
                            Find out a lot about me by visiting these sites:
                            Meshweaver - Fabsreptiles
                            They say that 1,000 monkeys with 1,000 typewriters will eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare - now thanks to the internet we know this is not true....

Comment

• Zaza
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post

Zaza, if you are taking suggestions on who you might want to contact or interview, may I suggest Dee Pooler (the Bay area, I think), The Punch Professor (http://www.youtube.com/user/PunchProfessor/videos), I think he's in Florida... and, of course, there's Showtime Johnny Pal (he lives in southern California now). They have inspired many baggers.
                              Thanks to all for getting behind this project... it will be pretty cool and I hope it gets funded.

Dee- I'm still posting and hammering away at all the avenues available (YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, etc...).

I would LOVE to be able to travel all over the world for interviews...and if we go WAY over the original funding, I'll be able to add to the travel, but as Alan stated, it gets expensive. That's why SBIII is such a great thing, I can get a bunch of people from all over in one place.

The more funding I get, the better and deeper the film can be...

This sure is a great community and all donations are MOST appreciated!

Cheers,
                              -Zaza

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...