Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Art of the Bag" - A Speed Bag Story

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Networking...

    Hey Zaza. Have you considered contacting the major boxing/MMA websites to see it they will consider pledging? This film could be a real boost to the market and will very likely boost sales for Title, Balazs, Everlast, Ringside, etc. Or, how about contacting some popular boxers or MMA fighters...

    How about some showbiz folks. My first thought was to contact Adam Carolla. I don't know if you know of him, but he grew up in southern California, and has a boxing background. A few years ago he spent a couple hundred thousand dollars on his own independent film about a boxer/construction worker closing in on 40, who "goes for it" one last time in the ring. It's called "The Hammer." It's pretty entertaining.

    Adam has the No. 1 podcast right now on iTunes. He could reach a lot of people just by mentioning this on one of his segments. He's a funny, cranky, sarcastic type of guy, but any comment from him — good or bad — could help the cause. http://www.adamcarolla.com/ (here's an email address: questions@adamcarolla.com)

    I'm putting together an email to him right now. Maybe if he receives enough emails about it, he'll respond. Or at least make a remark on one of his podcasts. I think he's considered a pretty generous person, and this is something he can relate to. I figure there's nothing to lose in trying...

    A clip from his movie:



    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

    Comment


    • #17
      Just got a little good press from my friend...the one with the Llama Farm!
      http://blog.timesunion.com/farmlife/...and-speed-bag/

      Dee.... yes, I'm getting in touch with as many people & businesses as possible. Thanks for the lead on Adam (I do know who he is, but had never heard of his boxing story). Any other leads anyone might have... please send the link along, PM me the info. or have them get in touch with me.

      Thanks again for all the support!

      edit**** just sent him an email.... lets see what happens!
      Last edited by Zaza; 05-01-2012, 08:20 AM.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
        Hey Zaza. Have you considered contacting the major boxing/MMA websites to see it they will consider pledging? This film could be a real boost to the market and will very likely boost sales for Title, Balazs, Everlast, Ringside, etc. Or, how about contacting some popular boxers or MMA fighters...

        How about some showbiz folks. My first thought was to contact Adam Carolla. I don't know if you know of him, but he grew up in southern California, and has a boxing background. A few years ago he spent a couple hundred thousand dollars on his own independent film about a boxer/construction worker closing in on 40, who "goes for it" one last time in the ring. It's called "The Hammer." It's pretty entertaining.

        Adam has the No. 1 podcast right now on iTunes. He could reach a lot of people just by mentioning this on one of his segments. He's a funny, cranky, sarcastic type of guy, but any comment from him — good or bad — could help the cause. http://www.adamcarolla.com/ (here's an email address: questions@adamcarolla.com)

        I'm putting together an email to him right now. Maybe if he receives enough emails about it, he'll respond. Or at least make a remark on one of his podcasts. I think he's considered a pretty generous person, and this is something he can relate to. I figure there's nothing to lose in trying...

        A clip from his movie:



        Adam Carolla and "a pretty famous friend" also started The Man Show (pretty funny in a manly way....) and they are pretty close friends.

        Jimmy kimmel just hosted the 2012 press club dinner in Washington.

        He also has a lot of youtube challenges for his viewers, to post video's about certain subjects and he shows a few of them. Come to think of it, he is always issuing challenges, so perhaps we should get him to issue challenges (call him out on youtube..) to all talk show hosts to a speed bag contest.... hmm.

        Actually, Kimmel often sends his side kick Guillermo out on assignments, often doing silly things or challenges and wouldn't it be cool if he came to the Gathering to hit the speed bag. you never know...

        I did tweet adam with a link to the blog http://artofthebag.zazacast.com/ (film needs to start a big quicker..)

        and kimmel @jimmykimmel

        But keep it up...
        Last edited by Speedbag; 05-01-2012, 11:33 AM.
        Speed Bag

        Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Onward to SpeedB.A.G. X! Summer 2019

        THE 10th Year Reunion!

        sigpic

        The Art of the Bag

        Comment


        • #19
          Remember.... the way Kickstarter works is you have to reach your funding goal in the allotted time (29 days for this project), or NO ONE WILL BE CHARGED A DIME.

          So please, even a $1.00 donation helps....and if it doesn't reach it's goal, you won't even be charged for that.

          Help get this film made and get people baggin'!

          Best,
          -Zaza
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Well fellow baggers, I guess there's not as much interest in this project as I thought. I've been spending every free moment pushing & posting everywhere I can think of...Facebook, Twitter, various forums, emails to manufacturer's, family, friends...you name it.

            http://www.facebook.com/artofthebag

            22 days left and it hasn't even hit the 1/4 mark... not a good sign, but I'm going to keep on pushing.

            Please keep spreading the word....every little bit helps.

            Here's hoping it hits it's goal and the film can be made!
            Cheers,
            -Zaza
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              I know Zaza already mentioned this, but I just want to remind everyone who reads this thread about his Kickstarter project.

              The way Kickstarter works, is that you pledge money for a particular project. If the project meets it goal, it is only then that the money you pledged is applied to the project. It is NOT a risky investment, because you DO NOT lose your money if the project doesn't meet its goal.

              If every person reading this thread were to pledge just $10, it would bring this project closer to a reality.

              And Zaza has some nice incentives for each level of pledge:

              PLEDGE $1 OR MORE
              FLYING CHEST BUMP and many thanks! To show you that every little bit counts, your name will be added to the final credits of the film as a valued supporter.

              PLEDGE $10 OR MORE
              Not only will you get added to the final credits but you will receive a limited addition ZazaCast Films lanyard!

              PLEDGE $25 OR MORE
              THIS is the SWEET SPOT.... not only do you get all of the above rewards (name in the credits & a really cool lanyard), but you'll receive an HD download of the film for your viewing pleasure!

              PLEDGE $50 OR MORE
              Now it's getting good... all the very generous supporters who opt-in at this level will not only receive all of the above rewards, but get a DVD of the final film. This DVD will include a bunch of the 'behind the scenes' footage too!

              PLEDGE $75 OR MORE
              FORWARD FIST ROLL! You get it all here...a big thank you, the cool lanyard, an HD download, the DVD w/BTS footage...AND an autographed photo of ALAN KAHN, author of the Speed Bag Bible.

              PLEDGE $100 OR MORE
              TRIPLE ELBOW STRIKE! This one is a knock-out and the highest level available. As a SUPER SUPPORTER, you'll receive everything above as well as an EXECUTIVE PRODUCER CREDIT.

              Come on everybody. We have only a few weeks to help Zaza reach his goal. It's time to rally around this project and help to make it happen! It's easy to sign up to Kickstarter, too.

              http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...peed-bag-story
              sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
              I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

              Comment


              • #22
                Thanks again Dee... your kind words & generous pledge are most appreciated!
                19 days to go and I'm sad to say it's not looking good.

                I thought there would be a bit more interest in this project? Either way, I'll keep pushing till the very end...miracles can happen.

                If you haven't already taken a look, please do...all pledges are appreciated....and even if you can't pledge, post a link and tell all your friends & fellow baggers.

                Click Here
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                  Thanks again Dee... your kind words & generous pledge are most appreciated!
                  19 days to go and I'm sad to say it's not looking good.

                  Hey Za,



                  Every great film has a budget for the blockbuster, and plan B, C and sometimes D, just in case. The "Art of the Bag" should be no different.

                  For instance: We all know the epic film "Titanic" (1997) ran a cool 200 million. But he did have some back up plans, depending on sponsors and backing.

                  If he could not get the full cost of Titanic, the fall back was a disaster film called "Carnival Cruise",, sadly, now being filmed on it's own.

                  the next idea for a smaller budget was about "A small yacht" and the lowest budget plan was a film called:"kayak".

                  ...but he raised enough for Titanic. Just lucky, I guess.

                  ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

                  The 1975 Classic "Jaws", became a hit, but they also had a fall back plan, a film called "Goldfish" and a third called guppies

                  But they got 9 million, and we all saw Jaws.

                  then jaws 2,3 & 4.

                  ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

                  My point is: We can still make a lesser version then the one originally planned. Like the Highlander series, which first focused on
                  "The Gathering" where the last few immortals would get together for the final encounter. That led to many more movies, as well as the successful TV series.

                  The speed bag "gathering" is thankfully not so fatal, but it is ongoing and there is plenty of historical video footage from the first two gatherings. (2010 - 2011). Lots already on Youtube, and I've got a lot of my own that was never posted.

                  This "first speed bag documentary" could be mainly about the gathering. Who are these people and why do they do this? that can surely be enough storyline, than just a thread in the larger story.

                  You will be there, along with many others, from several amazing baggers to beginners.
                  You interview the ones you can, You tell that story that is there, add in some colorful past historical facts, and credits.

                  In speed bag terms, we'll punch the bag we have, and not worry about the one's we don't. That will be enough and I'm sure you'll do a super job with it.

                  ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                  Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                  ...all pledges are appreciated....and even if you can't pledge, post a link and tell all your friends & fellow baggers.
                  My pledge stands regardless of the kickstarter limit.

                  Last edited by Speedbag; 05-13-2012, 03:43 PM.
                  Speed Bag

                  Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Onward to SpeedB.A.G. X! Summer 2019

                  THE 10th Year Reunion!

                  sigpic

                  The Art of the Bag

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I humbly suggest that to encourage confidence in the project, forum posts maintain an optimistic and positive perspective. It aint over ‘till it’s over, and it IS exciting, and it WILL happen.
                    Perhaps plan “B” could be to re-introduce the project, timed to take advantage of the attention and face-to-face goodwill SBIII will generate.
                    Promote it there - gently, enthusiastically, strategically.

                    Are you allowed more than one crack at it with KickStarter?

                    I’m doing my best to produce something that is really fun to watch and would help attract attention, but I’m not there yet. Going as fast as I can……

                    Replaced the steel "U" and bolt with zip ties - soon to be cable. Nice and quiet. Is that legal?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by PunchDrummer View Post
                      I humbly suggest that to encourage confidence in the project, forum posts maintain an optimistic and positive perspective. It aint over ‘till it’s over, and it IS exciting, and it WILL happen.
                      Perhaps plan “B” could be to re-introduce the project, timed to take advantage of the attention and face-to-face goodwill SBIII will generate.
                      Promote it there - gently, enthusiastically, strategically.

                      Are you allowed more than one crack at it with KickStarter?

                      I’m doing my best to produce something that is really fun to watch and would help attract attention, but I’m not there yet. Going as fast as I can……

                      Replaced the steel "U" and bolt with zip ties - soon to be cable. Nice and quiet. Is that legal?
                      Very true. It ain't over till it's over and it ain't over yet. I am not familiar with Kickstarter, other than supporting several film proposals on it. I don't know how many bites of the apple you get.

                      Originally posted by PunchDrummer View Post
                      Replaced the steel "U" and bolt with zip ties - soon to be cable. Nice and quiet. Is that legal?
                      Sounds good to me. Go for it an let's see the results.
                      Speed Bag

                      Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                      The Quest Continues...
                      Onward to SpeedB.A.G. X! Summer 2019

                      THE 10th Year Reunion!

                      sigpic

                      The Art of the Bag

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                        My pledge stands regardless of the kickstarter limit.

                        Same here. Screw Kickstarter, if need be.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          You guys are great....and as I've stated many times before, this film will be made. As an indie filmmaker, I'm used to funding all my projects completely out-of-pocket. Sometimes they take a little longer and there is always a 'plan B'.... but I'm not ready to roll-over on this campaign or my 'A plan' yet! It's not over till the gravitationally challenged lady sings.

                          I've been working on this concept over the last year, there is a lot that goes into creating a comprehensive documentary that tells the story properly...much more then just getting footage. Story is key in any film, be it a narrative or documentary.

                          So, again, any pledges are most appreciated and please keep spreading the word.

                          Thanks for the support!
                          -Zaza
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Hey... it ain't over 'til the bladder pops!
                            Find out a lot about me by visiting these sites:
                            Meshweaver - Fabsreptiles
                            They say that 1,000 monkeys with 1,000 typewriters will eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare - now thanks to the internet we know this is not true....

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              9 days left and miles to go.... if you haven't pledged yet, please do so and perhaps we'll reach out goal with your help.

                              (I'm starting to sound like I'm on PBS now...)
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I contacted a bunch of companies last night - basically making them aware of the fact that this project is on the go and pointing out that some sort of sponsorship from them for the project could be beneficial - one company got back to me this morning and the guy expressed an interest in learning how to use the bag like the you guys do - hopefully he will be registering soon and contacting Alan.

                                He also wishes to provide some equipment too.. hopefully this will pan out

                                Fabs'
                                Find out a lot about me by visiting these sites:
                                Meshweaver - Fabsreptiles
                                They say that 1,000 monkeys with 1,000 typewriters will eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare - now thanks to the internet we know this is not true....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X