• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
    "Gulp" Guess I'll await deportation.
    That's ok, eh. The holy trinity is much too polite to have you deported.

Zaza, I was gonna keep people guessing for a while on the music. I didn't think anyone would figure it out. People who are not really into Rush would never recognize their later work.

Contrast Zaza's vid to this classic one, same band, same bag, evolution upgrades...

"The blacksmith and the artist reflect it in their art"
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2016

Occasionally I get offers on eBay for way more than the standard $40 price for the Arc Swivel. I'd like to try to explain or clear up a few things.

This is my hobby, and I am not trying to make a profit. I want to share the results of my hobby with all the speed baggers here, and maybe in the process of doing that I can help out a charity that is near to my heart.

So as far as "buying" a swivel, yes you have to pay me, but the money you pay is automatically transfered out of my account and then over to my charity without my ever getting involved. The money goes into my Paypal account and then gets transfered out a few weeks later. That is the way eBay for Charity auctions work, and how PayPal Giving fund handles the money.

As I am not really selling swivels, and I am not a store or a business, I offer no warranty or gaurantee of any kind, and further more buyers assume all risk for using something I made by hand for anything other than getting it and saying 'Gee, that thing looks pretty.' If you get it and think it doesn't look pretty, ok, then send me a PM and I can refund you. If you punch it and it bonks you in the head (or worse), well that is on you.

So, if you want to get a nice looking hand made thing for around $40, and if you don't mind your money being donated to a charity for dogs, then by all means, please get one of these dandy little bastards.

-Rusty
      @ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
        Occasionally I get offers on eBay for way more than the standard $40 price for the Arc Swivel. I'd like to try to explain or clear up a few things.

This is my hobby, and I am not trying to make a profit. I want to share the results of my hobby with all the speed baggers here, and maybe in the process of doing that I can help out a charity that is near to my heart.

So as far as "buying" a swivel, yes you have to pay me, but the money you pay is automatically transfered out of my account and then over to my charity without my ever getting involved. The money goes into my Paypal account and then gets transfered out a few weeks later. That is the way eBay for Charity auctions work, and how PayPal Giving fund handles the money.

As I am not really selling swivels, and I am not a store or a business, I offer no warranty or gaurantee of any kind, and further more buyers assume all risk for using something I made by hand for anything other than getting it and saying 'Gee, that thing looks pretty.' If you get it and think it doesn't look pretty, ok, then send me a PM and I can refund you. If you punch it and it bonks you in the head (or worse), well that is on you.

So, if you want to get a nice looking hand made thing for around $40, and if you don't mind your money being donated to a charity for dogs, then by all means, please get one of these dandy little bastards.

-Rusty
        It's an awesome swivel. and I'm glad to see swivels start going to the "Dogs"
        it's a great effort!

And the best part is ...during your speed bag work out - you can paws for cause....

Yeah, I said it.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

Just imagine your speed bag platform with a swivel in the color you like!

@ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2016

BTW, Zaza, what are those 4 giant holes on your platform for? World's Biggest Baddest Bag and swivel?
            @ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Zaza
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2011

BTW, Zaza, what are those 4 giant holes on your platform for? World's Biggest Baddest Bag and swivel?
              Ha, Ha! No.. those are the bolts that hold the platform to the arms.

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
              http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• rdshackleford
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2016

Due to some technical problems with my fabrication equipment, I may have to suspend sales of the Arc swivel very soon. Just wanted to give some fair warning, in case somebody really really really wanted one but for some reason didn't pull the trigger on buying it yet.
                @ArcSwivel
                #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2016

I did take down the eBay listing for the Arc.
                  @ArcSwivel
                  #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• BagBoy
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jan 2018

I did take down the eBay listing for the Arc.
                    Why?

Happy New Year btw
                    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• rdshackleford
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Oct 2016

@ArcSwivel
                      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• BagBoy
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Jan 2018

So.. if one wanted to purchase a backup swivel to keep pristine in the box should it ever be needed, that person would just PM you and do things the paypal way?

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• rdshackleford
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Oct 2016

First of all, are any Arc swivels in use today not pristine? If so, I would like to know about it and figure out if there are design defects. The oldest ones are only 6 months in the field, and I had hoped the important parts would stay pristine longer.

Secondly, I ran out of some of the raw components to make more swivels, and I'm not sure the demand is there to justify buying more of them yet. I would need to front about $200 in materials, and then incur a costs for each one purchased because I donate 100% of the purchase price to my charity.

The way the math works out, if I would only sell a handful more Arcs, it would be better for my charity if I just donate my front money and be done with it.

I am keeping a list of people who express interest in getting an Arc, and if it makes sense to go back into production, I will. There are no tricks or monkey business going on here, it is all about the puppies.
                          @ArcSwivel
                          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• BagBoy
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Jan 2018

First of all, are any Arc swivels in use today not pristine? If so, I would like to know about it and figure out if there are design defects. The oldest ones are only 6 months in the field, and I had hoped the important parts would stay pristine longer.

Secondly, I ran out of some of the raw components to make more swivels, and I'm not sure the demand is there to justify buying more of them yet. I would need to front about $200 in materials, and then incur a costs for each one purchased because I donate 100% of the purchase price to my charity.

The way the math works out, if I would only sell a handful more Arcs, it would be better for my charity if I just donate my front money and be done with it.

I am keeping a list of people who express interest in getting an Arc, and if it makes sense to go back into production, I will. There are no tricks or monkey business going on here, it is all about the puppies.
                            Almost sounds like you're scolding me

What you say makes perfect sense. Simple math, supply, demand..

The two I have are in perfect condition and on two separate platforms in two separate houses. The third would just be as I said, a backup. That's all I meant.

Edit; I will add that I added a photo album of my bag-room AKA BagBarn a few nights ago and you'll clearly see the arc fuel in a few pictures.
                            Last edited by BagBoy; 01-05-2019, 09:30 PM. Reason: photo album

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• rdshackleford
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Oct 2016

Sorry for my unintended tone. I really was trying to answer your “why” question above, and finally found the time. Please re-read it that way. I am so very grateful to all my buyers and supporters of my dog rescue, you among them!
                              @ArcSwivel
                              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• dad
                                Speed Bag Guru
                                • Dec 2018

Thank You

Received my new ARC swivel yesterday three days early. Installed it right away. Could say it is
                                “really smooth” or that it is “really quiet” (just bag) even better “I can’t believe the speed” But that wouldn’t really describe it. So let’s just go with
                                “WOW”

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...