• Show
Clear All
  • Scott
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Sep 2016

better swivels: ringside or title

Hi!
    New to the forum, happy to be here.
    I have recently got back into bagging and I have a few questions.
    1 as the title states ringside or title (it's for the gym I belong to)
    I'm sure this has come up before but I had to post before my account was booted.
    2 a quality supplier for boxing equipment ( the ymca asked to help them )

Thanks in advance_
    Scott
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

I use a Ringside "U" bar swivel, i've been pleased with it (I do have and use an old school Everlast ball & hook swivel as well). I haven't had the opportunity to try any of the Title swivels, but my dealings with them so far have been very favorable. From the looks of both their offerings, they all look very, very similar, almost to the point of maybe coming from the same shop.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      Hi!
      New to the forum, happy to be here.
      I have recently got back into bagging and I have a few questions.
      1 as the title states ringside or title (it's for the gym I belong to)
      I'm sure this has come up before but I had to post before my account was booted.
      2 a quality supplier for boxing equipment ( the ymca asked to help them )

Thanks in advance_
      Scott
      The Titleboxing and Ringside boxing U-bolt swivels are very similar. Like dutchman said, almost look like they came from the same shop.

For a Ballhook you can't go wrong with the Deville Swivel or the Swiveltek mode, both available from The SpeedBagShack.com
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Scott
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Sep 2016

Thank you both! Deville swivel says its not for high volume gyms how will the swiveltek hold up compared to the U bolt options?

Comment

• Hosted
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Aug 2016

I just got the swiveltek from speedbagshack.com and love it. Go to that website and email John with any questions about it.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Scott View Post
            Thank you both! Deville swivel says its not for high volume gyms how will the swiveltek hold up compared to the U bolt options?
            The Deville housing is a bit softer than the metal swiveltek and over time (long time in my experience...) it will wear down. But it takes a few gazillion rebounds to make that happen. Both are awesome Ballhooks.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rdshackleford
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2016

I bought a Title Deluxe Pro from Amazon and got what looked like a cheap knockoff. I chatted with Title tech support and they told me they switched vendors and the new ones don't have bearings even though the website says they do. I'd like to know where to buy the kind like pictured on the website. Because the one I got really was junk.
              @ArcSwivel
              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Scott
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Sep 2016

Agreed the one i was just sent is garbage also. The rep i spoke with from title said there is supposed to be bearings tho. Its BS

Comment

• rdshackleford
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2016

I saved the chat I had with the Title rep:

You:http://imgur.com/a/5GpSD
                  Nina:That looks like our swivel. What happened with it?
                  You:aside from the generally different shape and size of the parts of the swivel, there are no ball bearings, just a pin hole.
                  Nina:Ahhh I see.
                  You:loop is larger, off balance
                  You:very noisy
                  You:the part with the ball is wider
                  Nina:I've heard the ball bearing issue before, we changed vendors so I believe that is the reason why but still need to update our address.
                  Nina:Oh, ok. Well, I will let my purchasing department know. Thank you for that information.
                  You:do the swivels you sell direct have ball bearings as advertised?
                  Ninaepends on the swivel, not al of them do, no.
                  Youk, I'm specifically asking about item DSP EZ for $29.99
                  You:http://www.titleboxing.com/punching-...uxe-pro-swivel
                  Nina:No, that is the one we had issues with when we changed vendors. The current shipment is not ball bearing.
                  @ArcSwivel
                  #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Scott
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Sep 2016

I finally got threw to a supervisor that told me they havent sold the swivel in the picture in years and the refuse to update the picture. Wonder if its the same story with the ringside swivel.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Oct 2016

Its not the picture that annoys me as much as the description "Sealed inner ball-bearings make for super fast, super quiet and super efficient action." which is why I bought it. False advertising.
                      @ArcSwivel
                      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Dutchman
                        Speed Bag Historian
                        • Jun 2006

All of these sellers buy these from vendors that get them from an agent that represents several small machine shops. They are not made by one large manufacturing plant. This has been the norm in a lot of specialty suppliers since about the 1990's. Quality control has been an issue, to say the least. The Chinese supplier tries to undercut the one in Pakistan and back and forth. I've seen a number of videos of these flying apart under use (and abuse) of a number of boxers. As long as the gyms and trainers don't mind having to maintain an inventory of these swivels to replace the ones that fail every month or so, we're not going to see anything better. There have been high quality, small production run swivels available in the recent past, but they were several time the cost of these.
                        When I look back at what I paid for one of the "old style" Everlast ball & hook swivels back in the early 1980's, taking inflation into account that same swivel that cost me about fifteen bucks then would now retail close to fifty-five to sixty bucks. Just saying.....

Comment

• Dutchman
                          Speed Bag Historian
                          • Jun 2006

As far as the web site photos and descriptions, yeah it's irritating, but most of these places don't have an in house IT person to make changes. It's all contracted out, and costs dearly when they do have to call them. But when there are major differences in the way an item looks or is made they should change the photo and description. I doubt seriously that the owners are getting hand over fists full of money running these businesses, niche market ones seldom do.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...