X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SouthPhilly
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Sep 2013

New member to the forum here. Just wanted to say watsup to everyone. I'm pretty new to the whole speed bag thing. I do know how to hit a speed bag pretty well in the average 3 beats of the drum style, but i'm really looking forward to stepping my game up to the next level. Even though i'm not the best at this speed bag thing yet, i really have a passion for it. Getting ready to purchase a platform and some bags. I also plan on making some of my own drums. By the way i NEED a Deville Swivel ASAP aha how do i go about purchasing one? This forum is awesome!
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Welcome to the forum...you've found the right place for great information, instruction & support!

DevilleSwivels@gmail.com

There you go... drop her an email and it will be on it's way.
    Happy Baggin'!
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by SouthPhilly View Post
      New member to the forum here. Just wanted to say watsup to everyone. I'm pretty new to the whole speed bag thing. I do know how to hit a speed bag pretty well in the average 3 beats of the drum style, but i'm really looking forward to stepping my game up to the next level. Even though i'm not the best at this speed bag thing yet, i really have a passion for it. Getting ready to purchase a platform and some bags. I also plan on making some of my own drums. By the way i NEED a Deville Swivel ASAP aha how do i go about purchasing one? This forum is awesome!
      welcome to forum SouthPhilly.

Here is the Deville Swivel page.

As ZaZa mentioned, you can email her directly. She's a great bagger and makes a great swivel.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SouthPhilly
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Sep 2013

Thanks for the informative replies. Hope to learn from you guys and make some speed bag buddies, and of course master the art in due time.

Comment

• swfl
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2013

Hello SouthPhilly and welcome. Enjoy!

Comment

• nah
            • Jul 2013

Welcome!

You came to the right spot to step up your level. Likewise me too. I've got my Deville's swivels from Ms. Dee here in this place. Send her a message. She'll tell you what to do.

Comment

• SouthPhilly
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Sep 2013

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome.

Comment

• SouthPhilly
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Sep 2013

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                Welcome to the forum, southphilly. Show some pics when you get your drum built...ralph
                May be awhile from now Ralph, if and when i get around to it. aha. I have some decent table tops I can use from a bar/restaurant i just opened. May have to part with one. lol. Decided to purchase the Balazs i-box for now though, with a model-13 swivel, and an 8x5 title bag... and a few other size bags too i guess.

Comment

• SpeedyTNation
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Sep 2013

The people here are amazing and very supportive and friendly, it's like a family, a "crew" so to speak, but unlike most message boards there is no jealousy or drama or any of that, everybody kinda helps each other get better at their art. Me? I'm just a musician/enetertainer/performer, and a newb myself technically, but I cant help but marvel at the sense of comraderie here.

I'm new here to, and just try and learn from people like Alan Kahn, MS Deville, Tommy T, Zaza, Skunk, Speed demon, just to name a few... and I know it sounds odd, but believe it or not, I actually apply some of their discipline to my guitar work.

I know it sounds weird but it has helped my rytyhm playing in ways I could never completely explain.
                  Last edited by SpeedyTNation; 09-12-2013, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• rehamco1
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Aug 2013

welcome South Philly I have gotten a lot of help and support from the forum it is a great place to belong

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...