• Show
Clear All
  • racindave99
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Dec 2011

New member sayin' HI!

Hi all,
    Great site and community forum.
    I am 48,father,truck driver,part time stand up comic and have been overweight and outta shape for many years now. Just recently lost 30lbs, just by switching jobs. I was at 280 and now 250 (and 5'9''). I am cleaning my garage and I am gonna set up my speed and heavy bag as soon as I can. I have been up and down and all around http://www.speedbagcentral.com all morning and it's great.
    When I get a chance I will post some pics and some vids and get started on my new training. I know I can count on you guys for some great advice and mentoring.
    Thanks,
    Dave
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

Welcome to the Forum. You came to a great Place for everything Speed Bag, and more.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

...a rope, a pope, and a dope... (an old Johnny Carson joke)

Welcome to the forum, racindave99!

As ebozyn stated, you've come to a great message board. Congrats on your weight loss. Over a period of 4-6 months, I lost 25 lbs. after taking up the speed bag addiction. Who'd a thought that standing around punching on a bag for an hour or two would burn calories...

So, you're gonna have to share a one-liner with us... I love comedy and just went to a club that featured the best of western Washington's stand-up comics. Funny stuff.

Hope to see some pictures/videos of your set up... Welcome and BAG ON!
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2010

Welcome to the forum Racindave99! You will like it here....good people and great baggers with positive feedback that always motivates you to keep on baggin!
        Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Zaza
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2011

Welcome Racindave99...and another New Yorker too! (I'm in Albany, right up the road)
          This is the greatest place. Get a bag & platform...the Speed Bag Bible...and jump in, the water's fine.

Cheers,
          -Zaza
          Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
          http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by racindave99 View Post
            Hi all,
            I am 48,father,truck driver,part time stand up comic and have been overweight and outta shape for many years now. Just recently lost 30lbs, just by switching jobs. I was at 280 and now 250 (and 5'9''). I am cleaning my garage and I am gonna set up my speed and heavy bag as soon as I can. I have been up and down and all around http://www.speedbagcentral.com all morning and it's great.
            When I get a chance I will post some pics and some vids and get started on my new training. I know I can count on you guys for some great advice and mentoring.
            Thanks,
            Dave
            Hi Dave, Welcome to the forum.

OK, so you lost 30lbs "just by switching jobs". Which one? The Trucker Driving or Part Time stand up comic? ( I know there is a joke in there somewhere...)

But congrats on the improvements and hope your speed bag install goes well. Lots of great baggers and wonderful people here. I'd say we all have a sense of humor also, because you'll need one to laugh at yourself, particularly when you think you're really in control of a speed bag....They laugh at us all the time! (but I don't take it personal)

look forward to some video's when you're ready to post.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• bagdaddy
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Jun 2010

Hi all,
              Thanks,
              Dave
              Hi Dave,

Welcome! Impressive weight-loss! Good luck with your speed/heavy bag set-ups. This is THE forum to be in for speed bagging.

Bagdaddy

Comment

• racindave99
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Dec 2011

Thanks all.
                I lost the weight switching truckdriving jobs from one where I sit on my ass all day and do nothing, to fingerprinting everything, which is another word for unloading everything by hand. Probably about 10,000 lbs or more a night. It's a good workout. I deliver product to Mcdonalds.
                A case of french fries weighs 45 lbs. An average store will get at least 25, some get 2 to three times as much. Then there are Mcnuggets, Mc Chicken, chicken selects, and all the other various beef burger products and paper goods. It's alot of lifting. It helps when it is hot out . This summer was a good one for nice warm weather and weight loss.
                But now I have to turn it up a notch or two and start a regular workout program. I have been doing alot of walking.
                Cleaning the garage, hooking up the speedbag, fixing my treadmill is the goal!
                As far as one liners and jokes, when I was at my comedic busiest I did fat jokes and self degredation humor. I was also at my fattest and most out of shape ever! Those days and jokes are gone forever!
                Thanks again.

Comment

• Heppsan
                  • Jan 2011

Welcome to a really great forum!

Comment

• racindave99
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Dec 2011

Hey Joe, and all,
                    I can't believe its been five years since I originally posted. What a run. I lost more weight , ran half marathons,switched jobs twice and gained it all back and then some (290). I finally after all these years got my garage cleaned up (not totally) and have a speed bag, heavy bag and treadmill set up. I have a rower and a Nordic Track from back in the day almost ready to go. I've been walking these last few days and trying to get back into some sort of shape.
                    Hey Joe/Zaza Are you still in Albany? I know this is a great forum with so much helpful advice, is there anyone local and live around that knows, speedbags,heavy bags and boxing?
                    I would love to meet-up with someone and get some first hand help. I have some purchases to make and before I do I wanna make sure I am making the right descisions. These are questions in regards to gloves, bags and training. Yeah I know there is soooo much on the internet and here in this great forum and website. Just lookin' to hear and see it live.
                    Thanks, Dave
                    Last edited by racindave99; 10-11-2016, 09:22 AM. Reason: I thought I was only quick replying to Zaza/Joe. Didn't realize al would see this.

Comment

• Zaza
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2011

Hey Joe, and all,
                      I can't believe its been five years since I originally posted. What a run. I lost more weight , ran half marathons,switched jobs twice and gained it all back and then some (290). I finally after all these years got my garage cleaned up (not totally) and have a speed bag, heavy bag and treadmill set up. I have a rower and a Nordic Track from back in the day almost ready to go. I've been walking these last few days and trying to get back into some sort of shape.
                      Hey Joe/Zaza Are you still in Albany? I know this is a great forum with so much helpful advice, is there anyone local and live around that knows, speedbags,heavy bags and boxing?
                      I would love to meet-up with someone and get some first hand help. I have some purchases to make and before I do I wanna make sure I am making the right descisions. These are questions in regards to gloves, bags and training. Yeah I know there is soooo much on the internet and here in this great forum and website. Just lookin' to hear and see it live.
                      Thanks, Dave
                      PM'd you a long response....
                      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...