X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newbagger
    • May 2010

Expensive swivel?

I know these swivels aren't available anymore, but I'm surprised at how much this is going for:

Anyone have any comments on this?
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

That is a lot for that swivel. then again, with the state of speed bag swivels now a days, I am not surprised, as the price someone is willing to pay for something is often representative of the value of that item to him/her (the buyer). If you really want something rare, you may often be willing to pay any price to get it.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• newbagger
      • May 2010

No, I'm not. I'd rather buy a used one at a fraction of that price.

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

Wonder what vintage that one is? People have said that the last of the breed were not very well made, the metal too soft.

You can find older Everlast ball hooks with bags or platforms attached on eBay or Craigslist sometimes. Tell the seller you'll pay his price for the platform and swivel, but just take the swivel if shipping is involved. If the photos in the auction are any good, you might be able to find a good swivel for not too much cash this way.

Comment

• jumpcannon
          Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

I am back fellas....i may run a batch of swivels in the next couple weeks
          evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
            If you don't own one or more of these Powermill swivels of Ryan's (jumpcannon), this may be your lucky chance. Don't be left swivel-less, under-swiveled, or swivel-swindled by a lesser swivel.

Comment

• ebozyn
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2010

That Should Be Music to the Ears of all Speed Baggers, Especially the Baggers that haven't Hit On One yet. I've heard many of them in videos, and they sound Awesome. A Nice Solid Click-Itty Click.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Biff
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Note to baggers looking for a quality swivel.......if Ryan finds the time to craft another batch of his swivels; order one, there isn't a better swiv on the planet.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                  Note to baggers looking for a quality swivel.......if Ryan finds the time to craft another batch of his swivels; order one, there isn't a better swiv on the planet.
                  I concur! Not to mention that Ryan's Powermill swivel is a work of art!

Not to change the subject, but I checked out this eBay seller's other items and he is also auctioning an Everlast 4200. The bid is only up to $18 right now, if anyone is interested:

But, you better act quickly, I think the bidding closes in the next few hours...

Attached Files
                  sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                  I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Zaza
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                    +1! Buy two... I did.
                    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• paranday
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                      Buy two... I did.
                      I did too.

Comment

• reggabdeeps
                        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by newbagger View Post
                        I know these swivels aren't available anymore, but I'm surprised at how much this is going for:

Anyone have any comments on this?
                        the one above went for nearly $80. there is another one up for sale
                        Everlast-Striking-Bag-Swivel

Comment

• GoTool
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • Oct 2011

_WHAT_ Am I Missing?

$80 for an Everlast ball & hook swivel...

Then another - looks like an original "Everlast #4440" - that is already over $40... granted it's still in original packaging and all, but apparently this will go into a museum display? Or what?!?! I don't understand all I know here. And yes, not the first time for THAT either! But what is the attraction? Is this supply & demand in the market?

I'm an old rookie, and have only used chain-link swivels (for years), so now I'm slowly gathering an assortment of swivel types, just to mess with. I'm on "the list" for a Powermill from Ryan; ordered a plastic ball/hook via Amazon, etc. I recently took a gamble and had the winning bid on this older Everlast #4208:

I took a shot because I've owned one of these bags since forever and was thinking of donating it to a karate studio for their beginners. The auction only listed a speed bag, but the photo showed an Everlast B&H, so on a whim I asked the seller if the swivel was included. "Yep." So... what the heck, right?

It arrived this week, and seems worth the $$, even considering the primo expense for Priority Mail; a little TLC should put things in very nice shape. I don't know if it's a #4440 (how would I determine that? No numbers I can see) but so what? I wasn't trying to score, just saw a chance to add a "classic" metal ball/hook to my collection at a decent price.

But back to my question:: what is the Big Deal with these swivels?

BTW, my apologies if I stepped on anyone's toes with that auction... Oh my!

Comment

• Speedbag
                            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by GoTool View Post
                            $..... I recently took a gamble and had the winning bid on this older Everlast #4208:

I took a shot because I've owned one of these bags since forever and was thinking of donating it to a karate studio for their beginners. The auction only listed a speed bag, but the photo showed an Everlast B&H, so on a whim I asked the seller if the swivel was included. "Yep." So... what the heck, right?

It arrived this week, and seems worth the $$, even considering the primo expense for Priority Mail; a little TLC should put things in very nice shape. I don't know if it's a #4440 (how would I determine that? No numbers I can see) but so what? I wasn't trying to score, just saw a chance to add a "classic" metal ball/hook to my collection at a decent price.But back to my question:: what is the Big Deal with these swivels?

I have at least one of that same swivel, maybe two. The offset "S" hook is an older (much older) version of the Everlast Ballhooks. Makes it a lot easier to get bags on and off. knock the rust off and clean it up and I bet it will work like a brand new penny.

nice catch!
                            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                            The Quest Continues...
                            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• PDXBAGGER
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by GoTool View Post
                              $80 for an Everlast ball & hook swivel...

Then another - looks like an original "Everlast #4440" - that is already over $40... granted it's still in original packaging and all, but apparently this will go into a museum display? Or what?!?! I don't understand all I know here. And yes, not the first time for THAT either! But what is the attraction? Is this supply & demand in the market?

I'm an old rookie, and have only used chain-link swivels (for years), so now I'm slowly gathering an assortment of swivel types, just to mess with. I'm on "the list" for a Powermill from Ryan; ordered a plastic ball/hook via Amazon, etc. I recently took a gamble and had the winning bid on this older Everlast #4208:

It arrived this week, and seems worth the $$, even considering the primo expense for Priority Mail; a little TLC should put things in very nice shape. I don't know if it's a #4440 (how would I determine that? No numbers I can see) but so what? I wasn't trying to score, just saw a chance to add a "classic" metal ball/hook to my collection at a decent price.

But back to my question:: what is the Big Deal with these swivels?

You beat me out on that one!!..but no worries, I actually scored a similar old dirty ballhook swivel in a "buy it now"auction right before I saw that one. I figured id take a crack at that one too and see if I couldn't get lucky twice. glad it went to a good home and another forum member. good luck with it..Ill post pics once I rehab the one I got...

PDX

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...