X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pip
    • Apr 2010

Everlast plastic ball & hook swivel

I live in the UK & no one over here seems to sell the new plastic swivel that alot of you recommend. Would any one be prepared to get this for me in the US & post as a gift? Obviously I would send the dollars in the post to you before you purchase it.
  • Mrs Mitts
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Feb 2010

Hi pip,

Welcome to the forum!

Those of us from the UK have had a moan lately about lack of speedball equipment here - however someone pointed me to this website:

Purchase boxing equipment at an affordable price ✔ All you need for fitness boxing or martial arts ✔ independent of brand ✔ Fast delivery

You can get the Everlast plastic ball hook here for £6.90, I think P&P is another fiver but that's actually a good price. I'm sure the US guys will offer to help you out but this may be a cheaper option. Good luck!

(I was lucky enough to get a relative in the US to send me one a few months back, but from what I hear they are getting hard to find even in the States.)

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Better get them while you can. I think everlast discontinued that model also and they will soon be collectors items.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• fingers
        Speed Bag Guru
        • May 2008

Hi Pip welcome to the forum!! i used the German site Mrs Mitts recommends and got my swivels in 4 days great service!! i got a spare and paid £20 all in for 2, by the way i am in sunny Devon.

Comment

• pip
          • Apr 2010

Thank you all for your assistance. I also mailed 'ground & pound' here in the UK & they had two swivels in stock but not listed on the website so they are sending them to me for £20. Cheers everyone. Fingers, I am just down the road in Cornwall (near Penzance) Pip

Comment

• crapshoot
            • Apr 2010

Glad it worked out! On a related note, I just got my shipment and lo and behold, the standard swivel that was described as the carabiner came and it is the s-hook! yippee! Gonna swap out the carabiner on my board.

Comment

• ST1
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Apr 2010

The plastic ball and swivle is crap! The swivle is like a chain link and when that his the board it makes a terrible noise. Where can i purchase quality equipment?

Comment

• atgatt
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Nov 2007

I for one love the plastic ball. When I tried a chain swivel at a boxing gym, it made me appreciate the plastic ball even more.

Comment

• riqal
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2006

actually the plastic ball hook is a good swivel that works very well. Not quite as fast as the chainlink or u-bolt, but nice and unrestricted movement as you hit it. The noise is not that loud, IMO. But noise shouldn't be a problem for an activity that involves punching.

Comment

• ST1
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Apr 2010

Every now and then the swivle hits the board and breaks the rythem. and sometimes doesnt break the rythem but breaks that hypnotic sound making me think i did something wrong. . . . I can do like twenty punches and then it will break rythem. I subsituted the link for rope and can beat on the bag for and hour without breaking rythem. But 3 or 4 days later the rope snaps. . . The plastic ball is fine. Its that dam swivel!

Comment

• ST1
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Apr 2010

Okie put the hook swivle back in. Now that my skill level has improved is going much better. . .

Comment

• riqal
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Aug 2006

This might fix the problem. I have two plastic ballhooks. One is not screwed into the plastic ball as far as the other is. The one that is not screwed in as far has someof the thread outside of the plastic ball. They are both super glued in place. The one not screwed in as far is the quieter swivel. The metal part doesn't touch the base at all. The one screwed in further is a tiny bit faster (almost negligible) but it does make more noise - probably due to metal hitting plastic base.

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by riqal View Post
                          This might fix the problem. I have two plastic ballhooks. One is not screwed into the plastic ball as far as the other is. The one that is not screwed in as far has someof the thread outside of the plastic ball. They are both super glued in place. The one not screwed in as far is the quieter swivel. The metal part doesn't touch the base at all. The one screwed in further is a tiny bit faster (almost negligible) but it does make more noise - probably due to metal hitting plastic base.
                          Great insight. I have noticed a similiar issue with a few threads showing versus screwing it all the way in to where the eyebolt hits the plastic.
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• goju
                            • Aug 2009

You could always do what i did and buy a cheap setup from argos and take out the everlast plastic ball hook and take it back saying there was no ball hook in the box and get your money back.. worked twice for me lol. then i cut the plastic ball in half and put it inside the everlast chain link swivel.. works a treat, me and my son both have that setup now. for me thats the best we can get here in the UK.

Comment

• fingers
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by goju View Post
                              You could always do what i did and buy a cheap setup from argos and take out the everlast plastic ball hook and take it back saying there was no ball hook in the box and get your money back.. worked twice for me lol. then i cut the plastic ball in half and put it inside the everlast chain link swivel.. works a treat, me and my son both have that setup now. for me thats the best we can get here in the UK.
                              Ha Ha LOL Del boy has got nothing on you!!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...