Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tryme
    • Mar 2010

Yeah I want to hit the bag like that from time to time, like the first thing he does on the bag, how do you do it? when it looks like hes trying to "pull a rope" over his shoulders, do you do the same triplet rythem? whats the punching motion actually called? and its no the fcp i know that one is the 2nd thing he does.
    Last edited by tryme; 04-21-2010, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by tryme View Post
      Yeah I want to hit the bag like that from time to time, like the first thing he does on the bag, how do you do it? when it looks like hes trying to "pull a rope" over his shoulders, do you do the same triplet rythem? whats the punching motion actually called? and its no the fcp i know that one is the 2nd thing he does.
      It's FCP , he's just alternating RIGHT arm then LEFT arm. Triplet rythm.

Comment

• tryme
        • Mar 2010

oh ok, thanks.

Comment

• crapshoot
          • Apr 2010

Wow! I came across that vid a couple of days ago. I like the first half with the large bag. That must be why the old bags were so big. Different use and routine. It looks a lot like the setup I have been using for my "frustration station". It's actually a soccer ball in a basketball net suspended from an I-beam. Limited to kind of focus shots to make it rebound off the beam and not go banging off the rafters.

If you want to make it a little more exciting, tie off a piece of leather shoelace to the bottom. If you don't move your head out of the way you get a nasty little whip-smack.

Comment

• tryme
            • Mar 2010

so how does speed bagging benefit a boxer?

Comment

• juxt
              Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

from what i noticed, i think it develops that quick initial snap for straight punches.

many believe that heavy weight lifting can cause boxers muscles to stiffen causing them to move less fluent and lose speed. The speed bag conditions your muscles in the opposit way.

also it can burn calories for weight loss and its a good aerobic exercise. It improves arm endurance in a fight, improves hand eye/ear coordination.

Comment

• jumpcannon
                Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Ever try to shoot basketball after lifting weights? Really hard! Same thing with the speedbag for me. I hit it for a good post workout sweat. Much more fun also! Plus chicks think its hot when i rip up the bag! Makes em wanna have my baby! LOL.....J/K!!!!!!
                evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                  Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

To land a punch and get back into a defensive position quickly you need eye hand coordination and speed. The speed bag is great for this conditioning. Boxers use it also for the coordination where they will throw the types of punches and dodge the bag like if they were in a fight. Although I don't train to catch things, I find that if I drop something I can usually catch it because of hand speed that I've gained from baggin. Boxers don't jump rope in the ring either (they'd probably get called a sissy, although I wouldn't say it) but I'm sure it develops their footwork and endurance.

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

IMO the speed bag can help any sport, fitness or hobby activity that requires fast reaction time to hit, catch or intercept a moving target/object moving close to your face, as well as fast racquet or paddle sports.
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...