Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RenoRattler
    • Sep 2009

Mine's already feeling a bit better, and it hasn't been that long. I have been bringing the smackdown on it quite a bit....

Comment

• royalewifcheese
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by RenoRattler View Post
      Mine's already feeling a bit better, and it hasn't been that long. I have been bringing the smackdown on it quite a bit....
      there you go. you have to tame the beast!

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by RenoRattler View Post
        About 4 hours of punching total on mine resulted in seams that are very nice now

Comment

• Crapsterface
          • Nov 2009

Iv been beatn it pretty hard. (excuse the pun) Its startn to grow on me. I like how small it is yet still heavy. Pretty fast for how heavy it is. Its aight. The more I hit it the more i think ill like it. Im pretty sure it aint broke in quite yet.

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by riqal View Post
            I have two everlast size xs - the black and yellow one I bought from walmart and a black one I bought several years ago from everlast.com. The black one is a better bag (softer leather and faster)....
            Is this one that's for sale on eBay the same as your better black bag?

Last edited by paranday; 02-07-2010, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Crapsterface View Post
              Iv been beatn it pretty hard. (excuse the pun) Its startn to grow on me. I like how small it is yet still heavy. Pretty fast for how heavy it is. Its aight. The more I hit it the more i think ill like it. Im pretty sure it aint broke in quite yet.
              Give it some time brother. I didn't like them that much to begin with either, but it grew on me. The fully broken in ones seem to work better than the stiff right out of the box brand new ones. Plus it's the official bag of the speed bag porch, so if you ever end up there, you wanna be expert level on this particular bag.

Comment

• riqal
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                Is this one that's for sale on eBay the same as your better black bag?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280460648057
                That one for sale on ebay actually is the fastest bag I own. However, it is too big for my taste. It has a new Title bladder in it, which is resposible for the increase in speed. Perfect rebounds, also.

Comment

• paranday
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by riqal View Post
                  That one for sale on ebay actually is the fastest bag I own. However, it is too big for my taste. It has a new Title bladder in it, which is resposible for the increase in speed. Perfect rebounds, also.
                  I've got enough bags at the moment, otherwise I'd be tempted to bid.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                    I've got enough bags at the moment, otherwise I'd be tempted to bid.
                    Ditto , except in my case the wife has made the determination that I've got enough bags

Comment

• riqal
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                      Ditto , except in my case the wife has made the determination that I've got enough bags
                      I know the feeling!! My wife always gives me hell whenever a new speedbag arrives at the doorstep. But all I have to do is remind her about all the Coach purses she has sitting in her closet. She has her bags, and I have mine.

But really, I do have too many bags and plan to wait until every single one has worn out before I buy anymore.

Comment

• Crapsterface
                        • Nov 2009

I like it now. just needed a good break in.

Comment

• RenoRattler
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Crapsterface View Post
                          I like it now. just needed a good break in.
                          Mines a ton better, but I hope it still improves a bit more.

Comment

• Speedbag
                            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Comparison: Title classic 8x5 vs Everlast xs 6x4

So I got the Everlast xs 6x4 (2 of them) today. Wow, it's no smaller than my other bags, although a bit heavier and thinner. I took a few pictures on our Piano with a ruler behind them, and also measure the belly area. Pics below:

Picture 1: Both bags are about 7-3/4 inch tall. If you check where the swivel attachment would rest (green line) you will see a slightly higher set for the Title bag. This would give the Everlast about 1/4 inch or less length swing arc, top to bottom. (a teenie bit shorter swing arc).

Picture 2: The Red Title bag (17-1/2 in) belly is almost half a panel thicker around the belly than the everlast (16-3/8 in). To me this means the fatter bag actually has a shorter rebound arc at the belly and will reach the board sooner. The thinner everlast has to go a bit further in the rebound arc to contact the board. By the time the everlast belly hits the board, the title bag is already compressing.

Picture 3: Clearly the only reason that the Title Bag is a bit longer is the extended length of the bag loop. Look at the lower green line and you will see that the top of the actual "bag" is almost an inch lower than the top of the Everlast bag.

You can debate which is "better" or "faster", for that is a matter of personal decision, but to me if the title bag had the everlast bag loop it would clearly be a smaller (shorter) and fatter bag. I wish it had the weight of the everlast since the title 8x5 classic tends to "float" a bit at near full force and could use a bit more resistance to hold the punch. I also think that one of these bags is "miss-sized" because they are clearly very close in size, way too close to warrant the 8x5 vs 6x4 difference.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Speedbag; 02-10-2010, 12:22 AM.
                            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                            The Quest Continues...
                            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Crapsterface
                              • Nov 2009

I Have the yellow 8-5 title. I read or heard somwhere (probably here) that the red was quiker. The everlast is probly better for taking a good beating. and I like the narowness of it. you hav to be more precise. I practice flow and wing chun like punches on it as well. The way i train precision can count for alot. I had a bag when i was younger and it was somwhat fast. not slow about a 6 out of 10 for speed. but I could contrl it easily . So I drew a face on it with targets. like the ridge of eyebrows, a nose, and a bottom jaw line. The bag dosent twist and spin as much on a chaiin link so it worked pretty good. I didnt bounce it around everywhere or do anything really fancy. just kept it simple and effectice. 3bounce,double, rolls, elbows and headbuts. I think still simple and effective is the best way to benefit from the speedbag for reality. But now i cant stop wanting to throw other stuff in there once it gets going Lol.

Comment

• Crapsterface
                                • Nov 2009

that lil red bag is only 20 bucks on the title site. if i can pull it off next payday im getn it.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...