• Nov 2009

Nuts I had high hopes

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Crapsterface View Post
      Nuts I had high hopes
      Minimum order is 1000, but if we get together, maybe could do a deal with the maker in China,,,

Comment

• Jordan
        • Jun 2009

Man...I just bagged on that XS ....what a fast bag I think I could feel my shoulders burning within the first ten minutes haha

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

Is the Cleto XS much smaller than the Everlast 6x4, or about the same? Also, how about Title's XS?

Comment

• RenoRattler
            • Sep 2009

How long is the typical wear-in on these XS's? I still feel like I'm having to over-inflate mine to get really solid rebounds.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by RenoRattler View Post
              I got mine, and we know Tim got his. Anyone else?

I'm enjoying these little tykes. I can't wait for the seams to get beaten down a bit though. Fast fast fast. Definitely fun to learn to hit these guys, I hope somebody somewhere is keeping a stockpile of these in an air tight room so I can get more in a couple years when I run through mine.....
              I just picked up my bag at the local Walmart. (I did the "Site To Store" deal and saved on shipping.)

I had a good chuckle when the Walmart clerk read the order slip. He saw that I had ordered a speed bag, and he asked if it was some kind of special – purse!

Hey, Reno, you might be interested in watching Skunk's latest video. He shows how to take down the seams with a razor blade.

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
              I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• paranday
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                I just picked up my bag at the local Walmart. (I did the "Site To Store" deal and saved on shipping.)

I had a good chuckle when the Walmart clerk read the order slip. He saw that I had ordered a speed bag, and he asked if it was some kind of special – purse!
                He's probably been to Australia, where the National Gallery has a Claes Oldenburg speed bag purse in their permanent collection:

I don't get the ashtray part, maybe it's for those who can really smoke a bag. Frankly I think Claes was a little off his rocker, but what do I know about art?

Comment

• RenoRattler
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post

Hey, Reno, you might be interested in watching Skunk's latest video. He shows how to take down the seams with a razor blade.

I saw that. It's not the seams I'm worried about though. I'll beat those suckers down.

Fast rebounds are what I am not getting. I have to have it on the hard side to get consistently quick rebounds.

Maybe smaller bags are just inherently harder????

Comment

• Crapsterface
                    • Nov 2009

I always overinflate them a bit just for the xtra speed. and deflate after the beating because the warm air expands it. One thing i was just wondering. everyone speaks highly of the everlast 6-4. Also they speak highly of the title 5-8. I hav the title 5-8. I like it. How does it stack up to the everlst xs ? ( which i hope to hav on Wed.)

Comment

• Jordan
                      • Jun 2009

wow I like that vid skunk.....to piggyback on that, I'm thinking that maybe a facial razor might do the job just as well and do it safer? I dont know I'm just throwin it out there....love the idea tho, I'm about to try it myself

Comment

• speedbagstud
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Dec 2009

[QUOTE=
                        I wouldnt mind trying a bag from every company out there and see what i like best.[/QUOTE]
                        ... I agree with you there bro!...

Comment

• Crapsterface
                          • Nov 2009

i just got myn about 30 min ago. I thought it would be faster. My title 5-8 is faster then it. Also i tried it on all my swivels. Didnt stack up to my expectations. its not a bad litlle bag I just expected it to be faster. I think It would be good for tricks and making it bounce alover the place. It seems to have good rebound. Mabey it needs to be worn in ? I like the title better personaly.

Comment

• riqal
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Aug 2006

I have two everlast size xs - the black and yellow one I bought from walmart and a black one I bought several years ago from everlast.com. The black one is a better bag (softer leather and faster). The black and yellow one has leather that could stop a bullet (very tough!!). The rebounds on the yellow/black are not terrible, but I was a little disappointed when I first used it. Now almost 6 months later, the black and yellow is broken in and although not as fast as the all black it is a bit quicker than it was at first. Give it time to break in and it should turn out to be a pretty good bag.

Also, if you want speed use a swivel designed for speed. The black and yellow on the u-bolt and chainlink has pretty good speed now. It also hits nicely on the plastic ballhook, although not as fast but nice hitting experience nevertheless.

Also, I would never dream of shaving down the seams - just beat them down.
                            Last edited by riqal; 02-05-2010, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• Crapsterface
                              • Nov 2009

Ya I love the beatdown part. When the title was new u can feel the seems when u hit them. now there all countersunk. Well I can giv it a bit of a chance. Its a nice little addition to the collection. Ill giv it 1 or 2 weeks time if i still dont like it mabey ill find a different home for it. I heard they made a black and red one but i thought i read the black and yellow is quiker. they should all be fast like the black one u spoke of. I dont giv a crap about longevity of the bag I want fast. The guy I talked to on the phone said it was faster then the cleto 9-6 (or 6-9 ?.) Its Not. I know becuase i had one. I Hate liars. and on scisers video u can see the cleto was way faster. but that was also a 5-8. Id take that anyday over the black and gold 6-4. even the 6-9 cleto. they didnt hav cleto 5-8 in stock just 6-9 and everlast 6-4 suposedly was faster. I didnt see what was so pro about it. pro salesmanship is more like it. I usualy use a chainlink. But i did order the watkins ballhook its on its way in the mail. I hope i dont end up with a SuperSuck Combo with slow.
                              Last edited by Crapsterface; 02-05-2010, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                                Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by RenoRattler View Post
                                I saw that. It's not the seams I'm worried about though. I'll beat those suckers down.

Fast rebounds are what I am not getting. I have to have it on the hard side to get consistently quick rebounds.

Maybe smaller bags are just inherently harder????
                                i just got myn about 30 min ago. I thought it would be faster. My title 5-8 is faster then it. Also i tried it on all my swivels. Didnt stack up to my expectations. its not a bad litlle bag I just expected it to be faster. I think It would be good for tricks and making it bounce alover the place. It seems to have good rebound. Mabey it needs to be worn in ? I like the title better personaly.
                                Ya I love the beatdown part. When the title was new u can feel the seems when u hit them. now there all countersunk. Well I can giv it a bit of a chance. Its a nice little addition to the collection. Ill giv it 1 or 2 weeks time if i still dont like it mabey ill find a different home for it. I heard they made a black and red one but i thought i read the black and yellow is quiker. they should all be fast like the black one u spoke of. I dont giv a crap about longevity of the bag I want fast. The guy I talked to on the phone said it was faster then the cleto 9-6 (or 6-9 ?.) Its Not. I know becuase i had one. I Hate liars. and on scisers video u can see the cleto was way faster. but that was also a 5-8. Id take that anyday over the black and gold 6-4. even the 6-9 cleto. they didnt hav cleto 5-8 in stock just 6-9 and everlast 6-4 suposedly was faster. I didnt see what was so pro about it. pro salesmanship is more like it. I usualy use a chainlink. But i did order the watkins ballhook its on its way in the mail. I hope i dont end up with a SuperSuck Combo with slow.
                                My black and gold 6x4 Everlast bags from walmart are a little hard and slow... All the ones I've previously were already broken in. I think that's the trick. Shaving the seams like Skunk makes sense cuz you are getting to the thick of the matter quicker. So, unless Everlast is using a different leather than the past, all these 6x4 bags need to be beaten in a bit....
                                Skunk would know if they are coming out of the box feeling different than they were years ago....
                                Skunk? help us out...
                                BAG ON!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...