X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jzzkwz
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2009

Tim - it was Spinmashpop who I mentioned I didn't like to run...just bugged me that I couldn't remember his name...lol

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
      Love that shot, a old time photo with a guy in a suit hitting the bag
      It's a rare photo from the great oceanliners of the past. This may be a different angle.

too bad it didn't float.
      Attached Files
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

Nice. I've seen these pics before, I believe they are from a White Star Line
        brouchure, possibly taken on the Olympic, the sister to the Titanic.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          Is there NO wool big enough for your eyes.....
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
            Speed Bag Historian
            • Jun 2006

Oh yeah there is, and I will be the first one to tell you when it happens.

Comment

• Tim
              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by jzzkwz View Post
              Felt great after you were done didn't you! Best workout I've ever found for overall fitness! As I mentioned to someone (forget the handle - I'm new) I don't like to run because of my hip...well P90X is the first workout that I have actually done a lot on my legs - other than boxing, gotta love running stairs and jump rope, which I didn't seem to have too much trouble with other than oxygen supply...LOL
              Same here! I did love it. I'm 37 and my joints can't take jogging/running (left knee, right knee , some days both). I love the variety too. I stuck with it for the whole 90 days (over about 120 days though- had to travel for work etc.) but ended up with some elbow tendinitis from all the pullups. I did a "lite" version of crossfit for several months after that. Had to give it all up for the summer ( I work out in a garage in Florida - no A/C) so I reverted back to weights. As it cools down I'll probably pick up on "crossfit lite" again. I have been doing sprinting recently, which doesn't bother my knee.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              It's a rare photo from the great oceanliners of the past. This may be a different angle.

too bad it didn't float.
              Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
              Thanks for the historical insight guys!

Comment

• jzzkwz
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Nov 2009

[QUOTE=Tim;15341]Same here! I did love it. I'm 37 and my joints can't take jogging/running (left knee, right knee , some days both). I love the variety too. I stuck with it for the whole 90 days (over about 120 days though- had to travel for work etc.) but ended up with some elbow tendinitis from all the pullups. I did a "lite" version of crossfit for several months after that. Had to give it all up for the summer ( I work out in a garage in Florida - no A/C) so I reverted back to weights. As it cools down I'll probably pick up on "crossfit lite" again. I have been doing sprinting recently, which doesn't bother my knee.

I know what you mean Tim - the first round I got a ganglionic (sp?) cist in my left hand middle finger. Had to have it aspirated which hurt like you wouldn't believe for about a week...then had to wait another 6 weeks or so before being able to even do one pull up. That's mostly the reason for the delay between round 1 and 2.

Now I've been fighting a cold for about two weeks (man this one won't go away). Going to doc today so hopefully be back at it next Monday...I can't stand looking at my gym, well gyms...LOL, and not doing anything at all! It's killing me...

Comment

• Crapsterface
                  • Nov 2009

Nice work

Comment

• jzzkwz
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Nov 2009

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the comments...now if I could just get over this cold and get back into it...

Anyway today I am feeling much better - so hopefully by the weekend I'll feel good enough to start baggin again!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...