• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eighty-Eight

• Feb 2008

Fitness Equipment Order

I’ve only had one experience with Fitness Equipment—

On 10/5/09 I phone-ordered the following from Fitness Equipment:
    1. Watkins-Swivel02 and the optional shorter ball hook from Fitness Equipment. You have to buy both to get the shorter hook.
    2. Everlast plastic ball hook swivel. I order this just in case noise became an issue with other swivel.

By 10/15 I still had not received either swivel. Called Fitness Equipment. Reason for the delay was that the shorter hook was back ordered to Fitness Equipment, so FE delayed my entire order. I told them to send out my order and send me the shorter hook when they get it. By 10/20 I still received nothing. Called FE again. I was told that Everlast had discontinued the plastic ball hook and had come out with an updated version, which is not plastic. I said ‘send it.’ Both the Watkins-Swivel02 and the updated Everlast swivel arrived on 10/22. To date, I have still not received the shorter hook.

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Eighty-Eight View Post
      I was told that Everlast had discontinued the plastic ball hook
      I bought one to experiment on. Sawing the s-hook off took all of 30 seconds with a dull hacksaw. If manufacturers want to prevent the metal flaking from these parts that people have reported, they'll need a different grade of steel than what this thing is made of.

Originally posted by Eighty-Eight View Post
      ...and the updated Everlast swivel arrived on 10/22.
      What is it? What's it like?
      Last edited by paranday; 11-03-2009, 05:38 AM.

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
        Hey Tim, I have the same swivel. Check out the pix for answers to your questions. The "gnarly" section screws into the base, so that you are able to access the ball.

As an aside, I tried to order Extra Steel Speed Balls (can I say that?) over a month ago, and didn't receive them. I cancelled the order and just ordered an entire unit last week and extra ball, but I haven't heard anything from them since. Anyone else deal with "Fitness Equipment?" I have in the past, and have no complaints, but recently, orders have been very slow to fill. Anyone?

Sorry for the hijack, now back to your regularly scheduled thread.
        Interesting, thanks for the info. Looks like the extra thick base may actually counter-act the shorter hook, no ? Seems like a good candidate for a counter sunk installation? Sad to hear orders are not being filled too fast, I hope they are not in trouble !

Originally posted by paranday View Post
        What is it? What's it like?
        x2 , I'm also wondering what it is they sent you.

Comment

• chiefbigred
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jun 2009

I guess this is just as good a place as any to post this, but about a month ago I asked if anyone knew if the Boxing Gear lower section would screw into the Everlast Chain Link swivel base. Nobody knew. Well I ordered a Boxing Gear version, and the lower portion screws right in. Just food for thought.

Comment

• Biff
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Thanks for that info Chief.

Comment

• paranday
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by chiefbigred View Post
              I guess this is just as good a place as any to post this, but about a month ago I asked if anyone knew if the Boxing Gear lower section would screw into the Everlast Chain Link swivel base. Nobody knew. Well I ordered a Boxing Gear version, and the lower portion screws right in. Just food for thought.
              For what it's worth, the current Everlast Chain Link swivel lower section does not screw into my older Everlast Chain Link swivel base correctly. The lower section will drop down a few threads after a few punches. It doesn't unscrew, the fit is too sloppy for the threads to grab correctly.

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                For what it's worth, the current Everlast Chain Link swivel lower section does not screw into my older Everlast Chain Link swivel base correctly. The lower section will drop down a few threads after a few punches. It doesn't unscrew, the fit is too sloppy for the threads to grab correctly.
                Ugh Ohh!!! that can't be good.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Crapsterface
                  • Nov 2009

hey i see you hav a swivel situation. i was looking for speed when i made this. i hav a metal ball hook from select and a plastic one from everlast. the plastic one goes faster. anyway i customized it a bit its really easy to do. heres the link
                  showing the swivel i made and hitting the bag. my knuckles hurt from folowing through too much beforeand hitting the wall and my arms r tired so not my best ...
                  Last edited by Crapsterface; 11-27-2009, 10:13 PM. Reason: i dont think the link worked

Comment

• Crapsterface
                    • Nov 2009

swivels

i forgot to mention i also have an old chainlink swivel from wieder. wieder was a good product but i cant find anything from them anymore. not without spending 1000 for a big ole wieght unit. the speedbag was good and its the best chain link swivel iv ever used. thats actualy the link i used on the one i made. just because it was the shortest one i had. u may be able to get different sizes of chainlink from motercycle dealers. they use those for the links on motercycles.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...