X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atgatt
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

UK and Fingers, just curious, how did it hit? They advertise that the roundness is better than the bags with less panels.

Let's say you had someone else hang the bag and you didn't have the chance to tell if the quality of it was good or bad when you received it, you only had a chance to start bagging. Do you think you could tell just by the feel of the bag that it was not top notch as you punched away?

Comment

• ukspeedbag
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
      UK and Fingers, just curious, how did it hit? They advertise that the roundness is better than the bags with less panels.

Let's say you had someone else hang the bag and you didn't have the chance to tell if the quality of it was good or bad when you received it, you only had a chance to start bagging. Do you think you could tell just by the feel of the bag that it was not top notch as you punched away?
      This bag has 6 panels, and is round.....for now. I have to admit, I was surprised at the way it hit, although I did have just a few hit's and Joe took over. The feel and quality of the bag, is crap. When I first held it , I thought WTF!

However, Joe only ever hit's the Golds Gym bag which deflates after about 2 minutes after inflating. I had to adjust my 'S' hook swivel, by cutting a piece out to take the fat loop on the Cleto Reyes. For this reason, anyone inexperienced, tends to knock my balls off onto the concrete floor in my back yard. A mate came a few weeks ago and all my bags ended up flying around the yard.

For these reasons, I will keep the bag and this bag will be the bag for any friends that come around and want to have a go.

I will of course, be giving the seller a real hard time about his selling tactics. Like fingers, I demanded the bag shown and described. Won't be holding my breath though.

I'll make a quick video of me hitting this bag this evening.

Vini
      Last edited by ukspeedbag; 10-16-2009, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• goju
        • Aug 2009

pretty much out of order if you ask me vin, sending you something that looks nothing like it did in the pic.. oh well for £13 you cant complain i guess mate.

Comment

• MikeTarheel
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by goju View Post
          pretty much out of order if you ask me vin, sending you something that looks nothing like it did in the pic.. oh well for £13 you cant complain i guess mate.
          Sorry, Mates, seems you are Unhappy with your new purchases. Glad you have Warned us.

Goju, I must ask? The one in your Avatar - could you please advise on that one?

Comment

• goju
            • Aug 2009

hey mike, the bag im using is a rival 5x8.. its a pretty nice bag but im sure there are better bags out there.. i would very much like to try the everlast 5x8.. if i can get someone to hold my mobile phone ill make a quick vid of it.. im always at the gym on my own so its hard to make a vid on my phone as it keeps falling over lol

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
              This bag has 6 panels, and is round.....for now. I have to admit, I was surprised at the way it hit, although I did have just a few hit's and Joe took over. The feel and quality of the bag, is crap. When I first held it , I thought WTF!

However, Joe only ever hit's the Golds Gym bag which deflates after about 2 minutes after inflating. I had to adjust my 'S' hook swivel, by cutting a piece out to take the fat loop on the Cleto Reyes. For this reason, anyone inexperienced, tends to knock my balls off onto the concrete floor in my back yard. A mate came a few weeks ago and all my bags ended up flying around the yard.

Vini
              Ouch!! that's gotta hurt. To stop your balls from flying off put some duct tape over the "S Hook" opening. The tape will close that expanded opening so any missed or upward angled punches won't dislodge the ball/bag.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                Ouch!! that's gotta hurt. To stop your balls from flying off put some duct tape over the "S Hook" opening. The tape will close that expanded opening so any missed or upward angled punches won't dislodge the ball/bag.
                Alan, I have tried using a bit of tape but, when you got 2 kids saying "dad can we have a go2? every 5 minutes. I put the tape on and 2 minutes later the other child wants to play, she want's the bag changing....and so on.
                I don't have that problem, I've probably knocked the bags off a couple of times in 2 years.

Anyway, I had a few minutes with the bag. And what a load of C**P! It's slow as hell so requires lots of effort to get some rhythm going. Joe got home from school, uncovered the set-up and chose this bag. According to his mum, he spent a while under the board. I asked him what he thinks about the bag, he says he likes it.

Mrs uk says she had a hit too! Verdict: She hates it.

Here it is:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpaXP2jUs8g
                Last edited by ukspeedbag; 10-16-2009, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Nov 2007

Good news!
                  From the seller: I dont know why these defaults one have been sent, these are genuine and not fake, we will get the one pictured to yourself thanks

After a few snotty emails to the seller, he decided to just supply the pain in the arse (me) a bag that is described in the image.

I sent him a link to sugar rays showing him the bags there. Told him he was out of order and breaking Ebay rules.

Fingers, I mentioned that I recommended a friend and that this was very embarrassing for me. And that you'd purchased yours about half hour after me. I then told him that I had spoken with you and that you had also sent them a message expressing your disappointment. Hope you got a similar email mate.

Comment

• fingers
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • May 2008

I got them to agree a refund and repay any postage! but after reading your post i just sent an e mail saying i would like the genuine lonsdale bag....as it must of been a mistake that they never offered me a replacement.will keep you posted.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                      I got them to agree a refund and repay any postage! but after reading your post i just sent an e mail saying i would like the genuine lonsdale bag....as it must of been a mistake that they never offered me a replacement.will keep you posted.
                      He's gonna hate me even more!

I'm pretty certain he will mate.

Says he'll post mine on Monday.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Alan, I have tried using a bit of tape but, when you got 2 kids saying "dad can we have a go2? every 5 minutes. I put the tape on and 2 minutes later the other child wants to play, she want's the bag changing....and so on.
                        I don't have that problem, I've probably knocked the bags off a couple of times in 2 years.

Anyway, I had a few minutes with the bag. And what a load of C**P! It's slow as hell so requires lots of effort to get some rhythm going. Joe got home from school, uncovered the set-up and chose this bag. According to his mum, he spent a while under the board. I asked him what he thinks about the bag, he says he likes it.

Mrs uk says she had a hit too! Verdict: She hates it.

Here it is:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpaXP2jUs8g
                        That bag hits about as bad as an Everlast 4214. D-E-A-D! But your punching was awesome. You're really improving!! great job. Now, get the missuz on camera. Tell Mrs UK to step under the board on video!
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• atgatt
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Nov 2007

UK, good hitting. It will be interesting to see how you and Fingers compare it to the real bag if they actually send it.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Nov 2007

That bag hits about as bad as an Everlast 4214. D-E-A-D! But your punching was awesome. You're really improving!! great job. Now, get the missuz on camera. Tell Mrs UK to step under the board on video!
                            Thanks Alan. I've had The Speed Bag Bible out again! My best tool for bagging. In fact Joe has been looking at the pictures for D-DES on page 59. I looked out the window and there he was actually hitting. What made me laugh was, in your picture you look as though you start with the elbow on the bag, so this was his start position.
                            Originally posted by atgatt View Post
                            UK, good hitting. It will be interesting to see how you and Fingers compare it to the real bag if they actually send it.
                            Well, I think anything will feel better than that thing.

We'll see if we take delivery.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Thanks Alan. I've had The Speed Bag Bible out again! My best tool for bagging. In fact Joe has been looking at the pictures for D-DES on page 59. I looked out the window and there he was actually hitting. What made me laugh was, in your picture you look as though you start with the elbow on the bag, so this was his start position.
                              HA HA! You are right, on page 59 those pictures DO look like the D-DES starts with the elbow ON the bag.

actually - - the D-DES is an "Elbow-Fist" technique, with the elbow moving downward, so that technique does start with the elbow ON The bag. Same for the Outward Double Elbow Strike O-DES (page 27-28) and Outward Triple ES O-TES (page 29). Look at the Back Cover to see the OTES on a red 4210 bag. The initial contact of the technique is the elbow. Same for the Downward Single and Downward Double. The Downward Triple starts with the other fist.

So Joey is right, ??
                              Last edited by Speedbag; 10-17-2009, 11:53 AM.
                              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                                Speed Bag Guru
                                • Nov 2007

HA HA! You are right, on page 59 those pictures DO look like the D-DES starts with the elbow ON the bag.

actually - - the D-DES is an "Elbow-Fist" technique, with the elbow moving downward, so that technique does start with the elbow ON The bag. Same for the Outward Double Elbow Strike O-DES (page 27-28) and Outward Triple ES O-TES (page 29). Look at the Back Cover to see the OTES on a red 4210 bag. The initial contact of the technique is the elbow. Same for the Downward Single and Downward Double. The Downward Triple starts with the other fist.

So Joey is right, ??
                                Ha ha! So he's overtaking me already!

Now you have pointed this out, I can see you and Joey are right. Something I didn't realize what we are actually doing while carrying out these techniques.

Thanks for that Alan. I'll make sure Joey includes the D-DES in his next video.

Oh, Mrs uk (Sam) won't go near the set-up when the camera is out. I have tried taking a sneaky video of her but she caught me before I even got to turn it on. I will get her one day!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...