• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ukspeedbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

A Bargain?

Can anyone tell me if this is the same bag? There's a massive price difference which tells me it's not.

Pro-Box Supaspar Ten Panel Speedball - Red. Professional hand stitched Leather speed ball manufactured using ten separate panels to give the ultimate shape, response and performance. The improved shape of the speed bag allows for a better rebound on the speedball frame. Part of the Probox supapar range that is manufactured using the finest leathers. Hard wearing speedbag that is suitable for use in professional and amateur boxing gym's and commercial fitness environments. Size 15.5 cm Dia. x 26.5cm high Approx.

Vini
  • fingers
    Speed Bag Guru
    • May 2008

[QUOTE=ukspeedbag;13538]Can anyone tell me if this is the same bag? There's a massive price difference which tells me it's not.

http://www.sugarrays.co.uk/shop/lons...speedball.htmllooks the same to me mate...bargain!!

Comment

• atgatt
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

Vini, good question. The site below that also has it cheap says it is supposed to be the roundest bag there is just like the expensive one says.

They BOTH sure look nice and I wouldn't mind having one. Hopefully they are the same bag. Try the cheap one and if you don't like it, return it. This way you do all the work and we just sit back and wait for the answer.

Let us know.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

The only difference I can see is the logo is white/red, the other being red.

Sod it! For £13 and free postage, I just ordered one. A gamble I know but, I'll let you know what it's like. I was going to ask Santa for that bag, guess I'll be asking for another now.

Vini

Comment

• ukspeedbag
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
          Vini, good question. The site below that also has it cheap says it is supposed to be the roundest bag there is just like the expensive one says.

They BOTH sure look nice and I wouldn't mind having one. Hopefully they are the same bag. Try the cheap one and if you don't like it, return it. This way you do all the work and we just sit back and wait for the answer.

Let us know.
          I was writing the above post when you posted this.

Comment

• fingers
            Speed Bag Guru
            • May 2008

Mate the adiction has kicked in!! i couldn't resist just ordered one thanks for the tip off

Comment

• paranday
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2009

Are the Lonsdale bags still made in the UK?

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                Mate the adiction has kicked in!! i couldn't resist just ordered one thanks for the tip off
                I know what you mean fingers. Mrs uk just said I got more bags than her!
                Originally posted by paranday View Post
                Are the Lonsdale bags still made in the UK?
                Not to sure mate. What is made in England nowadays? I was going to say Aston Martin's but even that ain't quite true.

Vini

Comment

• goju
                  • Aug 2009

looks almost like the lonsdale bag i have, not over keen on it.. its a bit long

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by goju View Post
                    looks almost like the lonsdale bag i have, not over keen on it.. its a bit long
                    Yeah, I was looking at the images of these bags and have to admit, they do look rather long. But for £13 I ain't going to complain.

Vini

Comment

• goju
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
                      for £13 I ain't going to complain.

Vini
                      for sure mate

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Nov 2007

I took delivery of the Lonsdale bag today. Well it isn't the same as the seller shows in the image. When I had it in my hands, I thought, it was going to be crap. The loop is a fabric, I think cotton. Then I had a go and it seems OK, for the price. It'll never be my favourite bag, can't beat the Everlast!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• fingers
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • May 2008

I got mine today too!! what a piece of c%$p!! not leather definitely not the one shown in the picture, i have e mailed then demanding the genuine article or a refund......ime not holding my breath i should of listened to my own advice..if its to good to be true....then it probably is!

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                            I got mine today too!! what a piece of c%$p!! not leather definitely not the one shown in the picture, i have e mailed then demanding the genuine article or a refund......ime not holding my breath i should of listened to my own advice..if its to good to be true....then it probably is!
                            That confirms my query about the leather. I started to write about the feel in my last post, but thought I'd see what you said. As soon as I finished having a punch, I sent them a message too. Don't think I'm going to return it unless they offer me the same as the image. Joe had a hit and liked it, so I think am gonna keep it. Don't no how many times my bags have ended up on the floor, sometimes landing in dog pee! He can do whatever with this one.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Nov 2007

Hey fingers, the stitching is awful too! Mrs uk could have done better.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...