X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ventanakaz
    • Jun 2011

Instagram: Yes or No

Who on here isn't on Instagram and haven't seen the videos on there ?
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

You already know my answer.......

Comment

• dad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2018

Sorry, not there.

Comment

• Mickey Dix
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jul 2019

I think Instagram is good to follow what a lot of what the new baggers are doing in a short few minutes but this forum allows me to connect with a lot of fellow baggers and learn a lot from the baggers from the past.I don’t think it should be a this or that type of thing.
        Last edited by Mickey Dix; 01-15-2024, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• ventanakaz
          • Jun 2011

I was curious who wasn't on instagram, i said this before and again i regret deleting all my post on here, YouTube and instagram, it was over 3 thousand post or threads i deleted on here, i was thinking maybe start making videos on YouTube and share them on here, I'll probably hit the bag slowly with my combos, i want to share so people can pick up want I'm doing, Now I don't hit as smoothly or cleanly like most, and right now that's because of the stiffness and arthritis i have, i will miss hit alot in the videos, But i'm hoping if someone see something i do (my combos) Maybe it might be helpful to others, i'm not a bagmaster so take what you see in my videos with a grain of salt, I have my own style of hitting the bag and i have a few combos that i don't see anymore doing, i really got into more of the elbow type of hitting and elbow dribbling because of spdyTommyT
          Last edited by ventanakaz; 01-18-2024, 05:16 AM.

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I'm on Instagram (starting to use it more often) and Facebook (specifically the speed bag gathering group/page). I also put things on Youtube. Youtube makes it reasonably easy to subscribe and then be able to locate a video again in the future via search.

I'm planning to get back into making some videos again - some equipment reviews and maybe simple technique tutorials. If I do that I will likely cross-post here, IG, and the FB page.

I also have to start promoting this year's gathering (which is July 19-21 , by the way).

I should probably mention this as well - I'm on the speed bag regularly (4-5 times per week) at the Orlando Sportsplex. If anyone is in the central Florida area and wants to meet up and punch the bag that'd be a decent place to do it. They have two platforms.
            Last edited by Tim; 01-16-2024, 05:42 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Mickey Dix View Post
              I think Instagram is good to follow what a lot of what the new baggers are doing in a short few minutes but this forum allows me to connect with a lot of fellow baggers and learn a lot from the baggers from the past.I don’t think it should be a this or that type of thing.
              I agree. One format does not fit all. In our Impatient, "I want it NOW" world.... few have the patience to deal with longer form communications, like Text Based Forums. Personally I've spend hours formulating an answer to questions posted here.... for text and writing lets one dive into the "details" but I find few people have the patience to read longer posts, let alone write them... and the short form video formats such as IG, TicTok and even Youtube shorts seem to be more popular lately, particularly with the younger generation. Personally I find some of the video's on IG and tictok harder to watch for any length of time because of odd camera angles, very poor lighting and desire for glitzy lighting effects and rambling audio that detract from the actual point - The Speed Bag. But I must admit there is an explosion of amazing speed bagging being shown in All formats. People are getting really good lately, really fast!
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...