• Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Interesting Video From Title

• Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
    Totally agree. The bag size does allow we baggers to focus the workout from speed to power. Great video IMO
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• BagBoy
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2018

I've been toying with buying a Big Blue for some time now..
      Just when I think I'm out, they puuuull me back in!

Appears to be a very long loop on that bag, but still might have to bite the bullet.
      Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

Not a big fan of Big Blue. Even with a bladder transplant it is kind of a dud. But it is work to keep it going so there's that.

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
          I've been toying with buying a Big Blue for some time now..
          Just when I think I'm out, they puuuull me back in!

Appears to be a very long loop on that bag, but still might have to bite the bullet.
          I think it was ventanakaz who used a zip tie to shorten the loop, somewhere around here is a photo of what he did

Comment

• BagBoy
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by paranday View Post
            Not a big fan of Big Blue. Even with a bladder transplant it is kind of a dud. But it is work to keep it going so there's that.
            You in a rather direct way (answered my questions) talked me out of picking one up before especially when mentioning that even with a bladder swap it still doesn't want to dance. And there's the loop issue as well.

Perhaps I should learn to differentiate between wanting a Blue speed bag and wanting a Title Big Blue speed bag.
            Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Dutchman
              Speed Bag Historian
              • Jun 2006

The issue has become that this is now the only what we call an extra large striking bag on the market now, since Genesport has gone out of business, other than some custom made bags. It's principle drawback is that it was designed to be used on a 24 inch platform. It is short and squat, and doesn't respond like the old school bags. Large striking bags that required a minimum 30" platform were made by most of the major suppliers up through the late 1960's into the 1970's. By the 1980's Spalding, McGregor and Wilson were no longer making them, and Sears had switched from leather bags to pleather, and then vinyl. Hutchinson Bros. Leather Co. AKA Hutch had also ceased production as well(their smallest bags were closer to what Everlast and Tufwear were selling as medium size). Of the more recent products, I've found the TufWear S109 (10x14) to give you the best workout. These were made up through the 1980's. It also appears to be relatively rare now. Like most of the old line made in Nebraska it takes a lot to keep it moving (this was true regardless of the size of the bag, they were all made with very heavy leather). The line was briefly resurrected by Title, but it appears that the name is being used by a firm in Great Britain now.

Comment

• Zaza
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2011

I always heard that size doesn’t matter!!!
                Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• paranday
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                  I always heard that size doesn’t matter!!!
                  That's not what they say behind your back.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...