• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

Random Speed Bag Chatter

Could be the worst thread ever; but this thread is just what it reads like. If it's about baggin', anything goes! What's on your mind?

Here's a fact or two to start it off:

If you can do basic triplets on the bag you are doing something that over 3000 other people can't do! They can't. You can! If you add in the fist roll you're into the 10,000 range. Think about it. It's pretty cool

These are facts Jack!

This is completely useless information. Or maybe it isn't.
    Last edited by BagBoy; 11-15-2019, 12:04 AM. Reason: Because it is a dream of mine to be an actual editor employed by a popular magazine. No.
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

I do enjoy your edit comments.
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• BagBoy
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2018

LOL Thus confirming my suspicions that this may be the worst thread ever. Hehehe

BTW I made my facts up as I posted them. But it seems right dangit!

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Mickey Dix
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jul 2019

Not really sure what to say

Comment

• Cazbag
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2018

Was a seal broke before the birth of this thread??

Comment

• BagBoy
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Cazbag View Post
            Was a seal broke before the birth of this thread??
            It seemed like a good idea at the time. And yes to your question.

I often have thoughts on baggin that don't really have a specific existing thread.. So I created a baggin dumping ground, if you will.

YES IT'S A BAD THREAD IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR?? I admit it. But I will save it with real content.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jun 2019

Every time I learn a learn something new, I get it down and up to practice speed then immediately learn it again double bumping every strike. I can’t stop this.

Also I affirm ‘I’m good enough, smart enough, and doggonit, people like me’, I say out loud before every session.

Comment

• BagBoy
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2018

Originally posted by LouisvilleBagr View Post
                Every time I learn a learn something new, I get it down and up to practice speed then immediately learn it again double bumping every strike. I can’t stop this.

Also I affirm ‘I’m good enough, smart enough, and doggonit, people like me’, I say out loud before every session.
                Now that's exactly what I'm talkin' about!

I can kind of relate; I will learn something really cool and have it down smooth and sometimes very fast but I always forget to incorporate it in when I'm caught up in the flow of a great set. Like a carpenter who forgets to bring all his tools to a job.
                Last edited by BagBoy; 11-15-2019, 08:13 PM.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• COOP
                  • Mar 2018

Should speedbagging be an Olympic event? Usa v canada.....north America v aussies????

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
                    Could be the worst thread ever; but this thread is just what it reads like. If it's about baggin', anything goes! What's on your mind?

Here's a fact or two to start it off:

If you can do basic triplets on the bag you are doing something that over 3000 other people can't do! They can't. You can! If you add in the fist roll you're into the 10,000 range. Think about it. It's pretty cool

These are facts Jack!

This is completely useless information. Or maybe it isn't.

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post

It seemed like a good idea at the time. And yes to your question.

I often have thoughts on baggin that don't really have a specific existing thread.. So I created a baggin dumping ground, if you will.

YES IT'S A BAD THREAD IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR?? I admit it. But I will save it with real content.

This is very exciting.. I can't decide if it's useless or not, but I am interested in how those numbers are determine.

I'd like to see the actual research to determine those "facts". Because IMO for every ONE person in the "known speed bag world" I believe there are at least 1,000 or more serious baggers in the "unknown" speed bag world. I AM sure of that because many of them (small number, but pervasive...) found their way to use the Speed Bag Bible Book or Video's, (and they were all "unknown" before that...)

I would hope the research includes the current "unkowns" also, but I've yet to ready that study or test in validity. I am sure the percent of people in the world (and that's a big place) that can hit from all around the bag with fists and elbows in pretty small.
                    Last edited by Speedbag; 11-16-2019, 03:34 PM.
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag
                      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by COOP View Post
                      Should speedbagging be an Olympic event? Usa v canada.....north America v aussies????
                      .... Riddle me this: What would be the standards for competition? WHO would determine that? WHO would judge the Competitions in every country participating,?? WHO would determine (and HOW) that the international competitions and competitors are all judged and certified to some known standard of excellence and rules? Is Punch Drumming included? who will and how will they judge if someone is actually "ON beat" or just speed bagging fast with music in the background..... ALL of those things must be determined to have any sort of "fair" competition.

I know this is "ticky, ticky, ticky," but years ago (about 10 to be exact) I was approached by the Director of TV show of "Ripley's believe it or not" to find or set the record for "the fastest speed bag punching"

Their rules demand exact equality and standards of measurement for everyone. AT the time K knew of NO legitimate competition to determine that, or method to start one. (Still don't) Because it would HAVE to be Same bag brand and size,.... same air-pressure and bladder material,.... same swivel.... Same rebound surface... Same standard of measurement (the "speed demon" counter was not available back then...) OK, if all the equipment issues are standardized... then.... Is this just "Front Punching, triplet Rhythm" or "Front Punching, fist Rolling..." .... or is this punching from "all around the bag." Aye Carumba - the devil is in the details.

I may have been the wrong person for them to ask - because after expressing all the above - I got a return email with "....we'll take this into consideration and get back to you." I felt bad that I "may" have scared them off, but I tend to take all things "officially" speed bag pretty seriously. I suspect the idea came from TV or competition people that have NO idea of the many variables that have to be determined in speed bag "contests" ..... and they actually thought all of this had already been determined with "known" and accept "general records." HA! Sure, history is replete with people who had the Title "world champion speed bagger". Many toured American Vaudeville and several Brits and Aussies were also billed as "speed ball champions of the world" and I have yet to find Anything legitimately published about contests to determine that.

Anyway... That's just a bit from my own "speed bag history vault."

Last edited by Speedbag; 11-16-2019, 04:00 PM.
                      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                      The Quest Continues...
                      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rdshackleford
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Oct 2016

good stuff, AK
                        @ArcSwivel
                        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• COOP
                          • Mar 2018

Well of course AK the godfather of speedbagging would be the top olympic judge....

Comment

• Mickey Dix
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Jul 2019

Thanks for all the information Speedbag!!!!

Comment

• BagBoy
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Jan 2018

Originally posted by COOP View Post
                              I don't know how many Canadian baggers there are. .When I look back deep into the forum archives I see there were a lot more Canadians than I thought there would ever be.. Not so much now. Perhaps we should stick to hockey.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...