• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Lazer Ultra Pro Bag by Balazs

I've been waiting for them to formally announce this....

The Balazs Lazer Bag: I have the XS and "S" and can attest to the fact that it is F-A-S-T !! a Bit heavy on the hands, but surprisingly fast. Must be some super-charged bladder inside..., the ones I have really "pop" off the board. I've never felt a bag this meaty go this fast. Shaped like a cleto, kinda long and lean vs. the Title 8x5's but amazingly fast and Accurate rebounds on a ballhook, very balanced and spins nice (ebo..)

See pics below. Notice: NO laces, thick but pliable loop. It's a bit longer than the 8x5 titles shown, but don't let that make you think it's slower. After my initial attempts, I'd take that bet. That one I hit is a screamer even without force.

Balazs offered a prototype during the First Bagger Gathering in 2010, took our suggestions and, IMO, really upgraded this bag to make it super fast. It's not for sale on their website yet, but if their rep (speedbag scissorhands) is posting promo's, then it should be for sale shortly. Not sure of the price yet....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Speedbag; 11-13-2012, 03:33 PM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

The Balazs Lazer Bag: I have the XS and SM and can attest to the fact that it is F-A-S-T !! a Bit heavy on the hands, but surprisingly fast. Must be some super-charged bladder inside..., the ones I have really "pop" off the board. I've never felt a bag this meaty go this fast. Shaped like a cleto, kinda long and lean vs. the Title 8x5's but amazingly fast and Accurate rebounds on a ballhook, very balanced and spins nice (ebo..)
    This is excellent news. That XS size looks to be the PERFECT size (IMO) and I am pleased to hear they are upping the ante with some features that can't be had elsewhere, and to top it all off great rebounds.... Can't wait to get one.

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

Looking forward to this!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        This is excellent news. That XS size looks to be the PERFECT size (IMO) and I am pleased to hear they are upping the ante with some features that can't be had elsewhere, and to top it all off great rebounds.... Can't wait to get one.
        the next size up (S) appears to be equal to a long, lean 9x6 or even 10x7

The instructions that come inside the box suggest using vaseline or chapstick to wet the needle, NOT spit or saliva.
        Attached Files
        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ebozyn
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2010

I like the speed bag line up photos Alan. They really give a person a great look at how things size up together. It tells more of the story. where as just a photo of the bag in question wouldn't.

If i had THAT line up of bags next to a platform, and an S-Hook that needed to be locked and loaded. I would be INSTANTLY drawn to the Title Pro Black 5x8. The fat shape belly and short loop are exactly what i look for when i want to slap a bag around. Title really seemed to have knocked the ball out of the park with that design.

Thanks for the photos AK.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

The Balazs Lazer Bag: I have the XS and "S" and can attest to the fact that it is F-A-S-T !! a Bit heavy on the hands, but surprisingly fast. Must be some super-charged bladder inside..., the ones I have really "pop" off the board. I've never felt a bag this meaty go this fast. Shaped like a cleto, kinda long and lean vs. the Title 8x5's but amazingly fast and Accurate rebounds on a ballhook, very balanced and spins nice (ebo..)

See pics below. Notice: NO laces, thick but pliable loop. It's a bit longer than the 8x5 titles shown, but don't let that make you think it's slower. After my initial attempts, I'd take that bet. That one I hit is a screamer even without force.

Balazs offered a prototype during the First Bagger Gathering in 2010, took our suggestions and, IMO, really upgraded this bag to make it super fast. It's not for sale on their website yet, but if their rep (speedbag scissorhands) is posting promo's, then it should be for sale shortly. Not sure of the price yet....

Comment

• Speedbag Sugarglider
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Apr 2012

Please post the link when it's for sale!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
              I like the speed bag line up photos Alan. They really give a person a great look at how things size up together. It tells more of the story. where as just a photo of the bag in question wouldn't.

If i had THAT line up of bags next to a platform, and an S-Hook that needed to be locked and loaded. I would be INSTANTLY drawn to the Title Pro Black 5x8. The fat shape belly and short loop are exactly what i look for when i want to slap a bag around. Title really seemed to have knocked the ball out of the park with that design.

Thanks for the photos AK.
              not to detract from this thread, but the Title Pro Black is an awesome bag also, and I bet all my bags you and your style would love it. I like it better than the Yellow 8x5 and its faster than the fighting sports white 8x5. Great leather (best of any bag I have) and takes the hands nice. I'd say it's my present favorite, but I'd want to hit this Balazs Lazer "xs" a bit more to really get a grip on its speed and control. Never had a bag this "meaty" move so fast. The one I have (lazer) just explodes off the board. Gotta be a nuke in the bladder or something.

As for comparing, yep you have to be able to see a bag in comparison to others you like to understand their differences. Shape, Size, weight and belly location on the bag all effect the action.
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• G-Town
                Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Title Pro Black

Alan - Ebo - Paranday - and my bag man V. I see scissors is getting busy... I sure like a short loop on my bag of choice the "Title Pro Black 5x8" for a ball and S hook. A Powermill or Deville with this tear drop is awesome. We can all try the featured Balaze @ SB4

Comment

• Zaza
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2011

Allow me to jump on this bandwagon.... the Title Pro Black is one SWEET bag!
                  Really enjoyed it at SBIII & Ataraxis's house!

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                  http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Allentown
                    • Oct 2010

King,

Is it nicer than the Title Pro Black?

I am going to get one for Xmas.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Allentown View Post
                      King,

Is it nicer than the Title Pro Black?

I am going to get one for Xmas.
                      It should be a worthy christmas present. I'd be happy if I got it.
                      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Jake
                        • Mar 2011

I think the Lazer xs is awesome. I have probably hit it for maybe 6 or 8 hours since Sunday.

It's fast but as Allen said it's meaty.

It's very fast, but it gives you the physical workout of a bigger bag.

You can really sink your knuckles into this thing, a little like a big under inflated bag, with the quick bounce of an over inflated small bag. I'm not saying it's soft. It's hard to explain. I think it was Allen who described it as heavy on the hands. That's a good way to describe it.

The bag hitting the board is pretty loud. At first I thought the big strap rivets were hitting the board, but now I think it's just the reinforced leather in that area making the cracking sound.

At first I didn't like the shiny rivets. I thought they were a distraction, and should have been powdercoated black. However I now use the rivets to know the position of the bag. When the rivets are facing directly at me, I know I'm in the sweet spot.

I found the narrower shape of the bag challenging at first, but I have become very comfortable with it, and love it. I would recommend this bag to baggers with some experience.

They send you an air pressure tester to moniter inflation. They stress the importance of keeping the bag at 5psi. The bag is designed to lose a little air. So you have to keep an eye on it. I keep a tube of petrolium jelly handy, and dip the needles in that, before inserting. Balaz instructions say "don't use spit".

Again, I have only hit this bag for 6 or 8 hours. However I feel confident enough to say Balaz really nailed it. I love this bag.

Jake
                        Last edited by Jake; 12-11-2012, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Bag-A-Holic
                          • Apr 2011

Hi, just wanted to ask if the pressure gauge that's pictured in the box below,came with the lazer bag?. I just bought the lazer bag last week and there wasn't one in the box with the speedbag? And I noticed there were very specific instructions that come with this speedbag to increase air in 2 stages to 6 psi, then release to 5psi.
                          Attached Files
                          -Anthony

Comment

• Jake
                            • Mar 2011

Antny72,

They did send me that pressure gauge in the picture. I would contact Balaz. That gauge allows you to fine tune the pressure to exactly 5 psi.

On another note, someone gave me a new Title Platform, that came with a Chain Link Swivel. When I tried the Lazer bag, and other bags, I found they don't swing the same on a Chain Link, as they do on a Ball Hook Swivel.

You have to use a Ball Hook Swivel with the Lazer. Otherwise you're really missing out on some great action. When it's on a Chain Link you can't hit it in what I consider the sweet spot. When it's on the Chain Link you end up striking it directly on a seam, rather then the middle of a panel.

I like to do my front to back pounding, hitting the center of one of the panels attached to the strap (the panels with the rivets). The bag has more meat on these panels. It makes a louder sound then the other panels. I also think when the bag swings this way, the Ball Hook Swivel takes the path of least resistance. I obsess over swivel performance. I ordered a new Powermill Evil Swivel, and can't wait to get it.

I now have two platforms. I have the 5x8 Lazer on one, and a 5x8 FS on the other. After pounding away on the Lazer for awhile, the FS feels light as a feather. It's a funny feeling to go directly from one to the other. It's a lot of fun.

The Lazer has been giving me a great workout. I feel like it's making me a stronger more physical bagger. I feel like it's really helping me take things to a new level.

Jake

Comment

• Bag-A-Holic
                              • Apr 2011

Jake,

Hey, thanks for the heads up. I'll get in touch with Balaz on that.
                              -Anthony

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...