X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glus
    • Apr 2020

What's wrong with the 4210?

In one post I saw that rdshackleford advised one user to search here about the 4210, implying that it wasn't great. I've looked 4 pages deep on a search and all I can glean is that user Speedbag liked his fine (unless that was veiled sarcasm), and only one other user besides those two, advises "...get a new bag, you'll be happier."
    All this after I just pulled the trigger on a new-ish red pebble, made in USA 4210. Original bladder holds air, seller claims. I haven't received it yet. It was an impulse buy, after my %@#! unboxing and immediate return of my much-anticipated Title Lightning Fast swivel (poop).
    I didn't have any big bags, so I figured this was as good as any. Just yesterday I had read about old 42xx bags and assumed they were all fine. Disappointed to read here (after pulling trigger on it) that the 4210 might not be.
    If it's junk, I'll take it as lesson learned, and always read here first. And I'll ask, what can be done (bladder replacement, etc) to help make the 4210 the best it can be.

Thanks for any info.
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

This is one of the bags from Everlast that it appears to be hit or miss. I had a brown Olympic medal one from the 1980's that was a dud. On the other had I was given a later red one (with the pebble leather) that is completely the opposite of the earlier one.

Comment

• glus
      • Apr 2020

Well, it will be a shame if this turns out to be a total dud, it's in good shape. I suppose it did feel a little flat, but I've also never hit such a big bag before, and I didn't want to inflate the factory bladder too full until I hit it awhile, let it 'punch out' a little. But once I started giving it some, it actually felt better, though admittedly didn't have snappy rebound. But the seams are not filled out yet at this pressure, so we'll see after a little more.

In another thread Dutchman suggested to try the Title Medium bladder for this, so I'll get one.

Since I switched to the ball swivel, I struggled to enjoy the light Title Yellow 5x8 as much [EDIT, it's still just fine, needed to give it a chance], but the Cleto is superb as always, and I like somehow the Heritage even better than I did before, now that I'm going at it a little harder. So, whatever happens with this 4210, I will be looking for a larger, heavier bag - early inspiration provided by Manny, now Harry . For example, I've been considering a large Title Gyro, but would welcome any advice from here. I would even be interested to try the blue Title 10x12 in Professor's dingle ball video, but I don't know if it will fit on my 24" platform!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by glus; 06-26-2020, 03:00 PM. Reason: Came to my senses

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

The Title "Big Blue" was designed to be used on the now standard 24" platform. It fits, just don't get too close when you're hitting it.

Comment

• glus
          • Apr 2020

Thanks Dutchman. I may also give the dingleball mounting a try for fun.

Can anyone here tell me how old this 4210 might be? Were later ones made in China? If so, when did they make the switch? This thing has to be unused, or very nearly, but there's really no sign of it even sitting in a box for a long time. Nothing about it looks old at all.

It was starting to chew up my knuckles, I haven't had to wear wraps until today.

Comment

• rdshackleford
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2016

Originally posted by glus View Post
            ...I've been considering a large Title Gyro, but would welcome any advice from here....
            I would stay away from any bags with the hard plastic welted seams like the gyro.
            @ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Mickey Dix
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jul 2019

I Have all sizes of the title gyro . Not a big fan of them , there are many better bags in my opinion.
              Last edited by Mickey Dix; 07-05-2020, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• glus
                • Apr 2020

My review:

The 3rd day on this 4210 is in the books. A Meister bladder helped, but not much. This thing is a dud, indeed. I had already been enjoying the harder hitting workouts in general though, so this actually kinda fits.
                Finishing a set with the 4210 (after the T-Yellow, Cleto, and Heritage) is most definitely not pleasant, but the pounding required just to keep it moving... it finishes me off, alright.
                Ordered a big blue today (it's gotta be a little better...?), so this dud may get shelved, reserved for those very self-loathing / stress-relieving workout days. Like the heavy bag.

Enjoying the journey!

EDIT: got another 4210, and this one I really like! The red one is slow, lopsided and hard on the hands. This one has none of those problems!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by glus; 08-04-2020, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• paranday
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2009

Will be interesting to read your review of Big Blue. To me the Everlast 4205 and Everlast 4203 Kangaroo are much more fun to hit. Wish Title would reproduce either of those. The 4205 is my all time favorite. Big Blue will benefit from a Title orange bladder (Enkay Super) size Large.

Comment

• Dutchman
                    Speed Bag Historian
                    • Jun 2006

But the 4205 requires at least a 30" drum to get the most out of it

Comment

• paranday
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                      But the 4205 requires at least a 30" drum to get the most out of it
                      True that. And the 4203 kangaroo is even longer.

Comment

• pinzpirate
                        • Feb 2020

Originally posted by glus View Post
                        after my %@#! unboxing and immediate return of my much-anticipated Title Lightning Fast swivel (poop)

Thanks for any info.
                        Mine was OK out the box but top bearing failed in 5 or 6 weeks It seems like all their stuff is made in Pakistan The tags on my
                        Heritage bags also say they came from there First one had defective stitching it's replacement never held air It's a shame the 5"
                        is a nice bag and they replaced the first one promptly no hassles but I had to swap the bladders to have one I could use

Comment

• rdshackleford
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Oct 2016

I could not find a pic with speed bags, but you get the idea
                          @ArcSwivel
                          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• pinzpirate
                            • Feb 2020

I would feel much better if they at least were pretty girls
                            Cleto bags are made in Mexico where they should I don't see Jim Bradley selling out anytime soon
                            either Lucky for us There are a lot people in need of quality swivels Necessity has always been the
                            Mother of Invention

Comment

• rdshackleford
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Oct 2016

@ArcSwivel
                              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...