Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everlast 4210 Bladder Shrunk?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Everlast 4210 Bladder Shrunk?

    Hello all,

    I found cheap made in the USA Everlast 4210. It seems to be in perfect condition. It has what looks to be the original bladder, which holds are well. The problem is when it’s inflated, even way over inflated, the bladder doesn’t come close to filling out the bag. I can pinch about two inches of leather. Can these bladders shrink over time? Would a new everlast 4232 bladder have the same issue?

    As always thanks!
    Attached Files

  • #2
    The main problem with these bladders is that they suffer from seam failures, which is why you can't fully inflate the bag. You may think you are over inflating it but actually you're not. Valve failure is not uncommon with the plastic bladders of this age.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      The main problem with these bladders is that they suffer from seam failures, which is why you can't fully inflate the bag. You may think you are over inflating it but actually you're not. Valve failure is not uncommon with the plastic bladders of this age.
      Thanks, so this original bladder is not salvageable and a new one should do the trick?

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes, either a Title bladder (one of the medium size ones) or if you are lucky you might be able to find an orange rubber Everlast one with the snap in valve. I have found these on eBay once in a while, but not consistently.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          Yes, either a Title bladder (one of the medium size ones) or if you are lucky you might be able to find an orange rubber Everlast one with the snap in valve. I have found these on eBay once in a while, but not consistently.
          I tried a new everlast 4232 and it was the same deal. It didn’t come close to filling out the bag. And honestly the original orange bladder I removed snapped right out and it looks to be in like new condition. I don’t see any faulty seams. It still holds air like Michael Phelps. I wonder if I just have an oddball oversized bag?

          Anyway, the bag is still in great shape, so no reason to not get it going. Do you think the Title bladder is bigger than the Everlast?

          Comment


          • #6
            Search this forum about the 4210, then ditch it and find a better bag. You will thank us later, I promise.
            @ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
              Search this forum about the 4210, then ditch it and find a better bag. You will thank us later, I promise.
              I have several favorites I love hitting. While the 4210 isn’t one, I’m just starting to mess around with changing bladders, collecting bags and taking in strays. I enjoy tinkering and getting them to working order. I’m thinking of pulling the airbag out of an old Honda, that may fill it out?
              Last edited by LouisvilleBagr; 07-14-2019, 03:35 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                IMO the Everlast plastic bladder can be a great bladder if in the right bag for it. If it fits correctly and the leather is of a certain sort, it can make a really fast and lively combo. In the wrong bag, it stinks.
                @ArcSwivel
                #ArcSwivel sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                  IMO the Everlast plastic bladder can be a great bladder if in the right bag for it. If it fits correctly and the leather is of a certain sort, it can make a really fast and lively combo. In the wrong bag, it stinks.

                  Thanks rd, this original plastic 4232 I removed Is flawless. I’ll find a home for it eventually. Any suggestions on which bag it may pair well with?

                  I ordered a few Title quick tek mediums in the hopes that may fill it. But if the 4232 is supposed to fit the same sizes, I’m thinking it will not. No big deal, on to the next bag!
                  Last edited by LouisvilleBagr; 07-15-2019, 03:07 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well, the Title medium quick tek filled the bag out perfectly. It’s now a fat, well balanced meatball. Fun to hit angry. Still goes best on the wall, but it works🤘
                    Attached Files

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X