• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by ninja420 View Post
    You are correct Chris and that would be fine for a platform Like mine and many others. What I was trying to make here is a work of art. I have yet to see a bed rail made from 2x4 cold rolled heavy gauge steel tubing wich was most of the cost on this project. Although at the scrap metal yards you have a good chance of finding these things. and remember the heaver the steel the better the unit. and @ 13.75 a foot for thick wall 2x4 tubing things can get expensive realy quick especialy if you make a wrong cut. But I have to agree angle iron is a great way to go.... I mean shit my platform is made out of a bed frame=
    I didn't mean to criticize in any way, you did make a great piece of art! I love to make things also, and sometimes part of the fun is seeing how cheaply I can do it and to improve or put my own twist on an already well thought out design.

Good job!

Comment

• ninja420
      • Jan 2007

my feelings were hurt in no way Chris and thank you for your complements on the plaform I built, it means alot to me.

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
        • May 2007

speedbag medley

Here is my homemade platform. It is made of 2x4 studs. Works perfect.

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by hispanicmakingpanic View Post
          Here is my homemade platform. It is made of 2x4 studs. Works perfect.
          Welcome to the forums... the attachment didn't come through. It's a pretty common mistake to forget to hit "upload" after you browse to the file.

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
            • May 2007

Homemade platforms

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            Welcome to the forums... the attachment didn't come through. It's a pretty common mistake to forget to hit "upload" after you browse to the file.
            Thank you Tim. I'm new at all this, but I'm thrilled to join your site. Here now is my homemade setup.
            (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b8q1_YLSQQ)
            Last edited by hispanicmakingpanic; 05-08-2007, 03:20 AM.

Comment

• jaguiler
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2007

Is your bag mounted high ? too high ? although it seems as if this is the style of hitting you prefer...just curious..

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
                • May 2007

bag height

I don't really think my bag is too high, but I could be wrong. I noticed that most baggers tend to stand still and change the angle of the strike with little hand movement and even less body movement. I would imagine this is the reason your bag should be placed at a perfect height to maximize response time? In my case, I tend to move around the bag for my angles, and I adjust for the rebound which may compensate for the height of my platform. In either case I hope to learn from all of you and your unique styles and will adjust accordingly. Thank you sir.

Comment

• jaguiler
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jan 2007

yes it seems as if you have more of a fighting/boxing style, while we focus on the tricks and exercise... I guess both means come to the same end... just different styles.... looks good regardless....
                  let us know what style you are aiming for and I am sure everyone can lend a hand if needed..... otherwise I think you are looking good ....

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

The trap-pining style is very effective with a higher bag. It is a difficult and skillful workout. Do not underestimate the skill it takes to do this. HispanicMakingPanic has very good timing and eye-hand coordination, and I imagine he could change to another style quite easily.
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
                      • May 2007

Humbled

I ain't sappy but it took me a whole day to register that Alan Kahn approved of my rudimentary technique. Without sounding stereotypical, Viva el Internet!

Comment

• Jonzel
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • May 2007

here's my home made setup - simple yet practical
                        Attached Files

Comment

• SupergeZ
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Mar 2007

does a wooden speedbag frame have a comparible stability to a metal one? i was going to create mine from metal, but it would be a ball ache haaving to get it all drilled and welded at a worshop. i would prefer to use wood if its as good? iff not then no matter, will stick to metal

Comment

• jaguiler
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Jan 2007

metal is stronger - but will vibrate more - due to less material needed to be on the frame. wood can be built up pretty thick - the thicker the strong and the more absorbent of sound that it will be. You got me thinking now.... maybe I will make a all wood frame too.... although I do have a nice welding setup in the garage....

Comment

• Speedbag
                              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by hispanicmakingpanic View Post
                              I ain't sappy but it took me a whole day to register that Alan Kahn approved of my rudimentary technique. Without sounding stereotypical, Viva el Internet!
                              The way you perform your method of trap-pinning the bag, mixed in with punching combo's, is not rudimentary. It is a skilled way to use the bag and your videos demonstrates superb timing. You are well trained in that area.
                              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                              The Quest Continues...
                              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• DOrr
                                Speed Bag Trainee
                                • Jun 2007

Great Idea.

Sandbags on top of the platform sounds like a great idea.

Thanks bro.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...