Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BR Delacruz's stainless steel swivel

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BR Delacruz's stainless steel swivel

    I am gonna have some videos of 2 of our member's new swivels. Today I have the Stainless steel swivel from member BRDelacruz. It is stainless steel and is like the discontinued Evil swivel from years ago. Tomorrow I will hit on Tom's (RD Shackleford) Arc swivel.

    I finally drilled through my board and then counterbored the top so I can fit a nut and washer in there so I can now change out the Arc, Stainless Steel, Everlast and Deville swivels and any others that share the same bolt hole pattern.

    I used some persistent silicone grease on the ball and where the eyelet bolt and s-hook rub. I only used a tiny dab and this makes is very quiet except for the old school clank. Overall a very cool swivel. Tomorrow I will hit on the Arc swivel.


  • #2
    OK, stop. Just stop.

    I know this post is supposed to be about swivels, but could we please just stop and recognize the serious chops our boy Jaja just demo'd in that vid???

    I only got halfway thru before needing to pause and write this. Holy shit, man, those are some serious bagging skills!!! You got some Alan in there, some G-Town, some Matthew, and a serious amount of Zaza rhythm.

    ok, continue...
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
      I am gonna have some videos of 2 of our member's new swivels. Today I have the Stainless steel swivel from member BRDelacruz. It is stainless steel and is like the discontinued Evil swivel from years ago. Tomorrow I will hit on Tom's (RD Shackleford) Arc swivel.

      I finally drilled through my board and then counterbored the top so I can fit a nut and washer in there so I can now change out the Arc, Stainless Steel, Everlast and Deville swivels and any others that share the same bolt hole pattern.

      I used some persistent silicone grease on the ball and where the eyelet bolt and s-hook rub. I only used a tiny dab and this makes is very quiet except for the old school clank. Overall a very cool swivel. Tomorrow I will hit on the Arc swivel.

      Wow! Great punching Jamieson. Looks like you are having a blast.
      Thank you and enjoy them more!
      Butch

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
        could we please just stop and recognize the serious chops our boy Jaja just demo'd in that vid???
        +1 on that!
        Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

        Have The Autographs To Prove It!

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks guys, anything I can do was taught or inspired by everyone on this forum. So my thanks goes to everyone here.

          Tom, your swivel is attached and ready for tomorrow's video. I really have a hard time choosing which swivel now. It takes me about 10 minutes to change swivels out. I am starting to find a favorite bag for each swivel.

          I am on vacation and my neighbor is at work in the day since she's a teacher, so I can hit all morning and afternoon as hard as I want.

          I have plans drawn up for a cage like the forum owner Tim. It will have a vertical board on it, a place to hang a heavy bag and speakers and of course bags. I hope to start building it this week. Then I can hit whenever I want. The neighbor hears the bass going through the wall of the townhouse, not that bag hitting or anything else. This should fix that issue.

          Anyone have any specific bag that want to see? I am thinking an Everlast 4200, Cleto 5x8 and maybe the Everlast modern Kangaroo 5x8?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
            I am gonna have some videos of 2 of our member's new swivels. Today I have the Stainless steel swivel from member BRDelacruz. It is stainless steel and is like the discontinued Evil swivel from years ago. Tomorrow I will hit on Tom's (RD Shackleford) Arc swivel.

            I finally drilled through my board and then counterbored the top so I can fit a nut and washer in there so I can now change out the Arc, Stainless Steel, Everlast and Deville swivels and any others that share the same bolt hole pattern.

            I used some persistent silicone grease on the ball and where the eyelet bolt and s-hook rub. I only used a tiny dab and this makes is very quiet except for the old school clank. Overall a very cool swivel. Tomorrow I will hit on the Arc swivel.

            Man, your bag skills are really kickin' in now! great control. Yeah () slow downl...

            I also can't help but notice that nice looking EZspeedbag set up in the doorway..... Made by our buddy Chris Rea.
            https://reashape.com/products/ezspeedbag


            Cool!

            by they way, really nice video. thanks for the demo.
            Speed Bag

            Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Onward to SpeedB.A.G. X! Summer 2019

            THE 10th Year Reunion!

            sigpic

            The Art of the Bag

            Comment


            • #7
              Awesome stuff and awesome swivel! Man you can lay down some elbows! I would have to agree totally with fatter bags bringing less noise. After I started bible bagging and only having a couple options for ball hooks, then reading of past posts of the evil swivel it kinda became the holy grail of swivels it seemed. I could not be happier with Butch's work for sure! Cant wait to get my mitts on an Arch as I will probably receive as a xmas gift if I can hold out. If I had it now I would probably wear nuts and bolts out swapping them! I guess that means it's time for another platform! Great review and awesome bag'n!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cazbag View Post
                Awesome stuff and awesome swivel! Man you can lay down some elbows! I would have to agree totally with fatter bags bringing less noise. After I started bible bagging and only having a couple options for ball hooks, then reading of past posts of the evil swivel it kinda became the holy grail of swivels it seemed. I could not be happier with Butch's work for sure! Cant wait to get my mitts on an Arch as I will probably receive as a xmas gift if I can hold out. If I had it now I would probably wear nuts and bolts out swapping them! I guess that means it's time for another platform! Great review and awesome bag'n!
                Hi Zack. Happy that you like the swivel. I would love to see you hit the xs atomic and perilous bags with it.😊
                Butch

                Comment

                Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...
                X