Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2013

I liked it thanks for posting. bag on

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Del-Striking View Post
      Excellent on all counts, position, contact, timing and equal force.

Now try to pass one fist behind to Reverse Single Punch (RSP), leave it there and follow with a Front Straight Punch (FSP) from the front after two rebounds. Keep that fist behind and you will have a split fist combination.
      Some people like to hit from the front with a Front Circle Punch (FCP) instead of FSP, which is fine. It just feels better to me with a FSP.

Also try to link through the bag and back with both fists, from Front Double Punch (FDP) to Reverse Double Punch (RDP). Remember, equal force on all contacts from all sides. Just do a FDP....extend your fists straight through the bag and back.

You can do it!

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

I'm thinking
        I'm liking
        that linking…

Really nice, Del.

Looking forward to your next punch drum video…
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Del-Striking
          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by rehamco1 View Post
          I liked it thanks for posting. bag on
          Thanks Roge..

Comment

• Del-Striking
            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            Excellent on all counts, position, contact, timing and equal force.

Now try to pass one fist behind to Reverse Single Punch (RSP), leave it there and follow with a Front Straight Punch (FSP) from the front after two rebounds. Keep that fist behind and you will have a split fist combination.
            Some people like to hit from the front with a Front Circle Punch (FCP) instead of FSP, which is fine. It just feels better to me with a FSP.

Also try to link through the bag and back with both fists, from Front Double Punch (FDP) to Reverse Double Punch (RDP). Remember, equal force on all contacts from all sides. Just do a FDP....extend your fists straight through the bag and back.

You can do it!

Thanks Alan, for the positive feedback, I also appreciate the personal instruction and the vote of confidence.

Comment

• Del-Striking
              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
              I'm thinking
              I'm liking
              that linking…

Really nice, Del.

Looking forward to your next punch drum video…
              Thanks Dee, I've been spending some time just focusing on some of the basics.

Comment

• Zaza
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2011

That's great...keep it up!
                Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• speedy G
                  • Oct 2014

I've been practicing this a lot since you posted it - and its tougher than you make it look. I have some problems with my fists getting in the way of each other (back near my chest) when switching hands - I notice you shift your body a bit when switching. Should my hands always be "next to" each other - or one over the top of the other when switching hands?
                  any guidance appreciated. Oh, nd I discovered punching myself in the throat really hurts.
                  Last edited by speedy G; 12-24-2014, 09:04 AM. Reason: forget a point.

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by speedy G View Post
                    I've been practicing this a lot since you posted it - and its tougher than you make it look. I have some problems with my fists getting in the way of each other (back near my chest) when switching hands - I notice you shift your body a bit when switching. Should my hands always be "next to" each other - or one over the top of the other when switching hands? any guidance appreciated. Oh, nd I discovered punching myself in the throat really hurts.
                    Your hands should be wherever they feel comfortable to you and you can link OK. there is no set rule on hand position except they should be up and close to the bag when it's that hands turn.

I discovered punching myself in the throat really hurts.
                    Yep. this happens when you do a Reverse Single Punch (RSP) too fast and either miss the bag or make a light contact too early in the rebound so your hand slips of the leather and smacks yourself in either the nose, chin, throat or chest. I've pounded my chin or chest a lot of times!
                    Last edited by Speedbag; 12-28-2014, 02:07 PM.
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Del-Striking
                      • Aug 2014

I've been practicing this a lot since you posted it - and its tougher than you make it look. I have some problems with my fists getting in the way of each other (back near my chest) when switching hands - I notice you shift your body a bit when switching. Should my hands always be "next to" each other - or one over the top of the other when switching hands?
                      any guidance appreciated. Oh, nd I discovered punching myself in the throat really hurts.
                      Sorry Speedy been off for awhile. As long as you keep your elbows up and try not to go faster than you're capable of your hands shouldn't get tangled. I like to return my hands near to my jaw line near the chin to the right or left. it's really a preference thing though. Sorry about the throat punch brother. this move is the bedrock of what we do so stick with it and it will flow smooth in no time.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...