• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • junkie83
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2014

new to the forum

just wanted to put up a quick vid since i am new to the forum

my name is Jay and i was introduced to the speed bag by someone most of you know as G-Town, I became interested when i heard him talk about his love for the speed bag. I then became hooked when he showed me the 1, 2, 3 and a little what he can do under the board. i then became a junkie for the speed bag once i got the hang of the 1,2,3, and then the link. I have been hitting for a few months now and i am very lucky to learn from someone like G-Town cause not only is an awesome teacher and amazing bagger he is one of the coolest people i have met and glad he is a friend and a coworker of mine.

don’t have all that much time under the bag but starting to make a lot more time for it lol

gotta keep working on it and hopefully meet some of u guys at the next bagging meet

tips and criticism welcome, all i wanna do is learn and get better

Last edited by junkie83; 03-16-2014, 06:49 PM.
  • Skinner
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by junkie83 View Post

my name is Jay and i was introduced to the speed bag by someone most of you know as G-Town, I became interested when i heard him talk about his love for the speed bag. I then became hooked when he showed me the 1, 2, 3 and a little what he can do under the board. i then became a junkie for the speed bag once i got the hang of the 1,2,3, and then the link. I have been hitting for a few months now and i am very lucky to learn from someone like G-Town cause not only is an awesome teacher and amazing bagger he is one of the coolest people i have met and glad he is a friend and a coworker of mine.

don’t have all that much time under the bag but starting to make a lot more time for it lol

gotta keep working on it and hopefully meet some of u guys at the next bagging meet

http://youtu.be/tO3imnTPglY
    Welcome...Your video is on private mode

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

Welcome to the forum...and you have found yourself a GREAT teacher (and one hell of a guy)! Would love to see the video, but as Skinner says, it's private.
      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• junkie83
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Mar 2014

whoops....should be fixed now

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Welcome aboard the speed bag train, Jay. I can see you're hooked. And I hope you make it down to Keyport, New Jersey this July to meet up with the rest of us junkies.

BTW, that's a great first video. Nice punching, love the linking. You already seem so comfortable with the bag, not to mention in front of a camera! I like your style. Keep it going! And thanks for posting a video. Always fun to watch.
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• junkie83
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Mar 2014

Thanks ms. Deville, I plan on making it down to keyport this year. I am looking foward to it cause it sounds like a good time.

Comment

• Zaza
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2011

Thanks ms. Deville, I plan on making it down to keyport this year. I am looking foward to it cause it sounds like a good time.
              Looking good! As Dee said...you're hooked. Glad you're planning on making it to the gathering, this will be a big one. I've posted a discount code for the Best Western, so if you plan on staying a few days, it helps keep the cost down.

Speed bag related events and gatherings across the country. Can't find one near you? Why don't you organize one!
              Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
              http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Skinner
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Feb 2014

Clickely clackaly...sounding good!

Welcome aboard, I'm kinda new here too

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

G-town is a great bagger and teacher. You are indeed lucky to be under the same board with him. I still marvel at his unrivaled control of Fist Rolling, flip flapping his hands all over the place like no one else.

You look to be making great progress. Your front and reverse punching, and single and double fist linking is done very well. Good form and timing.

Welcome to the forum.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• G-Town
                    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Baggin'

Alan,Q-Dee and the rest of my baggin brothers and sisters! Junkie83 is joining our sweet love for the bag... Welcome!!! I need to say: The Balazs Platform and Ball is doing him fine... Bags up!

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

G's Junkies

Jay great first video. Keep up the good work! I hope to meet the whole crew at Speed Bag V. G tells me has a whole ball team with back up. Sounds like a Speed Demon team to me. Yeah G's Junkies!!
                      The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...