Behold...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swfl View Post
    Great video and thank you for posting. You didnt look bothered by the camera but I sure remember how it changes things when the camera is on. Have hit my face, the drum, the swivel and the wall. Good job!
    SWFL! Hope everything is going well in Florida. I'll be down there in a couple of months.

Originally posted by G-Town View Post
    Kalli - Meg "Dew" you! See you at 5...
    G Town! It was so great meeting you and your beautiful family. Looking forward to hanging out in July!!

Originally posted by bbally View Post
    I am no expert but one of the things I found caused a lot of the near misses for me was rebound timing change due to the drum bouncing. I see that set up has a lot of drum bounce in it. I toss a 30 pound medicine ball up on top of mine to help more energy return more consistently to the bag.

Might try that as it really does make a difference.

I hear on arms going stupid. My brain knows what I want my arms to do..... But sometimes it is like they rode the short bus to the gym and just do stupid crap I don't want them to do and did not tell them to do!
    Thanks Bbally! Yeah, I'm going to "obtain" something to help stop the bouncing...and by obtain I mean acquire, confiscate or just plain take. I'm surrounded by stuff that people pick up and put back down again so I am sure the trainers and I can find something of use.

Sometimes when I go to the gym it's something like, "ok, what's today? What am I doing? Is today Leg Day? Good. I love Leg Day. Bring it on." And when I am on the bag I try to mix it up between learning new stuff, practicing what I know and just zoning out to music. I find mixing it up like that helps me keep focus.

Comment

Behold...

Originally posted by Kallidoraknox View Post

Sometimes when I go to the gym it's something like, "ok, what's today? What am I doing? Is today Leg Day? Good. I love Leg Day. Bring it on." And when I am on the bag I try to mix it up between learning new stuff, practicing what I know and just zoning out to music. I find mixing it up like that helps me keep focus.

I went to a heart rate monitor that couples to my iPod nano. So I understand the music zone out. I try and stay in the 160s through most of the Speedbag work.

No one likes leg day!
      sgt
      USMC 79-85

Thanks to all who continue to serve... and to those that answered the call in the past!

Comment

Originally posted by bbally View Post

No one likes leg day!

Leg Day: lunges, leg press, leg curls, leg extensions, calf raises, squats and hack squats...no problem.

Day After Leg Day: sitting, standing, walking in a straight line, taking the stairs, applying the gas, applying the brake, picking something off of the floor...problem.

Heart rate monitor is a good idea, I should look into getting one just for working out in general. Thank you Bbally!!

Comment

Kalli, it was cool meeting you at the movie premier. I like the video. Pretty good for a beginner! I never posted a pic or video on the web until on this forum also. The more you video yourself you'll forget the camera is even there.
          Did they really bolt the platform through the reflective wall material? The platform does not look rigid enough and might not even be able to hold a sand bag.
          I know you have some new strikes so keep the videos coming.

Comment

Working...
          X