Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found some old footage!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Found some old footage!

    I found footage of my old platform!
    (Note: If I didn't know any better, that looks like an original Deville Swivel on there!)

    Here's the original thread with more information:
    http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3561

    sigpic

  • #2
    Gotta love it !

    Comment


    • #3
      You can almost hear that teacher saying:
      "Hit that bag Alan...Hit the bag...ataboy...you're going to be good one day!"

      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        That brought back some memories. My senior high school had a striking bag set up in the equipment room. As I recall it was a Wilson rebound ring with a Wilson bag. I recall that I couldn't find the model number on the bag. It had probably been there since the school had been built, a good twenty years prior. It was flatter than a pancake and the PE teacher didn't want to go to the trouble of trying to fill out the paper work to get a new bladder for it. Besides I was a scrawny kid in those days and he didn't think a whole lot of me, other than to pick on me in front of the class....
        Last edited by Dutchman; 02-25-2014, 09:54 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          High School speed bag

          I was telling Zaza a story that i believe relates to this video just about a month ago. I, being a personal trainer at a gym, talk to a lot of people on daily basis. And one day at the gym I was talking to this guy probably in his mid to late 60s about the speed bag and I wish I could remember what state he said he grew up in, but he said when he was younger in middle or high school or BOTH, it was a physical fitness requirement to be able to hit the speed bag in gym class. This video seems to be exactly that! I thought that was fascinating. Just add that to the list of the all the different scenarios and connections the speed bag has.

          March 11th!!! Art of the Bag Premiere! Be there!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            better times

            I sure would of liked to have a speedbag in high school but in my day that was an unthinkable thing for a girl. glad times have changed thanks for the post

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SpeedBagAtaraxis View Post
              I was telling Zaza a story that i believe relates to this video just about a month ago. I, being a personal trainer at a gym, talk to a lot of people on daily basis. And one day at the gym I was talking to this guy probably in his mid to late 60s about the speed bag and I wish I could remember what state he said he grew up in, but he said when he was younger in middle or high school or BOTH, it was a physical fitness requirement to be able to hit the speed bag in gym class. This video seems to be exactly that! I thought that was fascinating. Just add that to the list of the all the different scenarios and connections the speed bag has.

              March 11th!!! Art of the Bag Premiere! Be there!!!
              I think Fedora, right here in the forum mentioned that...and I believe that New York State was one of them.

              Originally posted by rehamco1 View Post
              I sure would of liked to have a speedbag in high school but in my day that was an unthinkable thing for a girl. glad times have changed thanks for the post
              ...and yet there have been MANY female baggers throughout history...like Doris DeGreen in the 1940's!
              www.artofthebag.com
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                I think Fedora, right here in the forum mentioned that...and I believe that New York State was one of them.
                I was born at a very early age in Brooklyn, New York. I left the state at 10 years old, but never hit a speed bag while there.


                speed bag trivia.
                Speed Bag

                Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Onward to SpeedB.A.G. X! Summer 2019

                THE 10th Year Reunion!

                sigpic

                The Art of the Bag

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                  I think Fedora, right here in the forum mentioned that...and I believe that New York State was one of them.
                  fedora

                  This is the bag that came with the NOS Lucky Dog Swivel. It is NOS as well. Super heavy duty bag.

                  Last edited by fedora; 02-26-2014, 09:05 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by rehamco1 View Post
                    I sure would of liked to have a speedbag in high school but in my day that was an unthinkable thing for a girl. glad times have changed thanks for the post
                    Your trouble is that you are too young. Had you been born in the late 1800s,,,

                    http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5689
                    `

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Nice old footage Zaza

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X