• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swfl
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2013

Rogene's First video

Good evening. Here is the first video of Rogene. About two weeks in.
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

You are on your way. Nice front fist rolling !

Comment

• rehamco1
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2013

thank you I am trying really hard but with swfl helping me hope to get better it's not easy..

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

You're doing great! Hang in there, take your time & enjoy...
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by swfl View Post
          Good effort, Rogene. that was almost 2 minutes of non-stop punching!

Paranday said "nice fist rolling", and I would second that and suggest you use that same arm position (elbow up, small circling of fist) for your normal front fist punching. When you are single punching with each arm it appears your really swinging up and down from your shoulder, with a lot of up and down arm motion. This form of punching creates more of a "downward" punch rather than straight into the bag. And it's fine for basic Front Circle Punching (FCP) but makes it hard to do a Front Straight Punch (FSP) and will be very difficult to "pass through" the bag to the rear area for reverse punching. You may not want to do that right now but at some point if you start using the Reverse Punches you will need to get the fist back, and it will more difficult with a downward motion in the front. Again, you Front Fist Rolling arm position and punching movement will work fine in the triplet rhythm. I know it may seem a bit more difficult to hold that arm up and swing more from the elbow, but it will help you out later.

Just a suggestion. Please keep going, you're doing great so far!
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• nah
            • Jul 2013

Alright!!!

You're doing fine and keep going. But don't forget to take heed to what "speed bag" mentioned about up & down motion from your shoulders. ^!^

Comment

• rehamco1
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Aug 2013

all suggestions welcome

Thank you everyone for your encouragement and suggestions they are really helpful. I will try to do as you suggest as best as I can always open to constructive critizism

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by rehamco1 View Post
                Thank you everyone for your encouragement and suggestions they are really helpful. I will try to do as you suggest as best as I can always open to constructive critizism
                Actually not meant to be criticism. I prefer to think of it as constructive training tip.

Sounds a bit more positive and nobody likes to be criticized.

You're doing fine. This is not a race, so take your time.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rehamco1
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2013

basic moves

started hitting the bag without moving my shoulders up and down
                  really hard at first but getting easier want to get the basic moves down pat
                  thanks for all the tips

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by swfl View Post

Kudos to you, Rogene! This is great for just a few weeks of practice! That was almost 2 minutes on non-stop striking. You seem to have the rhythm down, and your strikes seem to be delivered with confidence. And I noticed a move at 1:05 that tells me you're resourceful. You have a few basic punches down, now all you need to focus on is keeping your elbows up the whole time. Yes, it's hard to do at first, but you'll find it works much better this way. You can do it, girlfriend!

Here's a video by fellow SBF member, "Mrs. Mitts." In it, she goes through a repertoire of basic punches – nice and slow. I think several of us have learned from her videos. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXrJNWUryW8

There are some good comments and observations from several well-known baggers… Some of the nicest people on YouTube are dedicated speed baggers. Always supportive and ready to offer help.

Keep up the good work! Can't wait for your next video!
                    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• rehamco1
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Aug 2013

elbows up

aiming to keep my elbows up loved the video you posted for me I hit the bag every day want to get good enough for a 2nd video....it's too much fun to even think of stopping.... thank you everyone for all the encouragement and tips...

Comment

• speedbag4life
                        • Jun 2007

Too much fun to think of stopping?? Hey hey, I think you're one of us! ...hopefully you'll find yourself on the forum a little more often than SOME of us (that would be me). You're off to a great start, so keep up the good work!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...