Changing the Master Link on a chain-link swivel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PunchDrummer
    • Jan 2012

Changing the Master Link on a chain-link swivel.

Here is an easy way to manipulate the master link on an Everlast chain-link style swivel using a standard pair of pliers. It's easier than using a spreader, and safer than using a screwdriver (don't do it that way - you'll puncture something). Enjoy.

I'm just playing with the cameras and the software, and the word is "detent".

Demonstration of how to use standard pliers to change the master link on a Chain Link Speed Bag Swivel. Please do not use a screwdriver - it is dangerous an...
    Last edited by PunchDrummer; 08-06-2013, 08:25 PM.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Great video. Very clever also, making a seemingly impossible task seem easy.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

I didn't know people had trouble with those...but then again, I used work in a bicycle shop years ago and had to deal with master links every day. Great job on the video!
      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• PunchDrummer
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
        I didn't know people had trouble with those...but then again, I used work in a bicycle shop years ago and had to deal with master links every day. Great job on the video!
        My buddy and I were going to open a bicycle shop in Catskill. It had to have an outdoor work patio. Cool town. Old wooden hardware store. They sold Whippets. Built a motor-bike out of a Schwinn AppleCrate. Moved here, 'cause I couldn't change a tire without stabbing myself in the eye with a screwdriver, or a link without stabbing myself somewhere else lol. (But no kidding - lucked-out big-time - use the back end of an adjustable wrench on a tire instead.)

Bet it was a cool job. Parts and tools - doesn't get much better......
        Last edited by PunchDrummer; 08-09-2013, 12:31 AM.

Comment

• Zaza
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by PunchDrummer View Post
          My buddy and I were going to open a bicycle shop in Catskill. It had to have an outdoor work patio. Cool town. Old wooden hardware store. They sold Whippets. Built a motor-bike out of a Schwinn AppleCrate. Moved here, 'cause I couldn't change a tire without stabbing myself in the eye with a screwdriver, or a link without stabbing myself somewhere else lol. (But no kidding - lucked-out big-time - use the back end of an adjustable wrench on a tire instead.)

Bet it was a cool job. Parts and tools - doesn't get much better......
          Catskill...damn, that's just down the road from me (Albany). Yes, when I came off the road with the band I wanted to get as far away from music as I could. Got a job at a local bike shop, went to Schwinn School & then became a Schwinn, Fuji & Cannondale certified mechanic. Managed the store before getting back into the music biz. I still ride my highly modified 1985 Schwinn 'Cimarron' mountain bike! The thing is over 20 years old and rides like new (if you don't look at all the dings).

Last edited by Zaza; 08-09-2013, 09:01 AM.
          Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
          http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...