Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing the Master Link on a chain-link swivel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the Master Link on a chain-link swivel.

Here is an easy way to manipulate the master link on an Everlast chain-link style swivel using a standard pair of pliers. It's easier than using a spreader, and safer than using a screwdriver (don't do it that way - you'll puncture something). Enjoy.

I'm just playing with the cameras and the software, and the word is "detent".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=norKZYmEz-Q
    Last edited by PunchDrummer; 08-06-2013, 09:25 PM.

Great video. Very clever also, making a seemingly impossible task seem easy.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Onward to SpeedB.A.G. X! Summer 2019

THE 10th Year Reunion!

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

I didn't know people had trouble with those...but then again, I used work in a bicycle shop years ago and had to deal with master links every day. Great job on the video!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
        I didn't know people had trouble with those...but then again, I used work in a bicycle shop years ago and had to deal with master links every day. Great job on the video!
        My buddy and I were going to open a bicycle shop in Catskill. It had to have an outdoor work patio. Cool town. Old wooden hardware store. They sold Whippets. Built a motor-bike out of a Schwinn AppleCrate. Moved here, 'cause I couldn't change a tire without stabbing myself in the eye with a screwdriver, or a link without stabbing myself somewhere else lol. (But no kidding - lucked-out big-time - use the back end of an adjustable wrench on a tire instead.)

Bet it was a cool job. Parts and tools - doesn't get much better......
        Last edited by PunchDrummer; 08-09-2013, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrummer View Post
          My buddy and I were going to open a bicycle shop in Catskill. It had to have an outdoor work patio. Cool town. Old wooden hardware store. They sold Whippets. Built a motor-bike out of a Schwinn AppleCrate. Moved here, 'cause I couldn't change a tire without stabbing myself in the eye with a screwdriver, or a link without stabbing myself somewhere else lol. (But no kidding - lucked-out big-time - use the back end of an adjustable wrench on a tire instead.)

Bet it was a cool job. Parts and tools - doesn't get much better......
          Catskill...damn, that's just down the road from me (Albany). Yes, when I came off the road with the band I wanted to get as far away from music as I could. Got a job at a local bike shop, went to Schwinn School & then became a Schwinn, Fuji & Cannondale certified mechanic. Managed the store before getting back into the music biz. I still ride my highly modified 1985 Schwinn 'Cimarron' mountain bike! The thing is over 20 years old and rides like new (if you don't look at all the dings).

http://stevebankscollection.wordpress.com/schwinn/
          Last edited by Zaza; 08-09-2013, 10:01 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X