X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quantumhands
    • Aug 2012

July baggin

i am hitting to music but it's in the headphones. I'm not all computer fancy and know how to over lay the song in the video.
  • swfl
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2013

Nice job. Thank you for posting.

Comment

• p4rma
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jul 2013

That is impressive, both the platform and technique!

Comment

• quantumhands
        • Aug 2012

The bag is an title gyro balanced 6x9. Ol faithful i call her. It's the first bag i ever bought when i built the platform. This video is also from the same night just after the first video. Ignore my trying what you would call "sing" It's one of my favorite songs. No leaf clover by Metallica from the s&m album.

Comment

• cmedinas88
          • Jan 2013

Nice hitting nice platform as well

Comment

• quantumhands
            • Aug 2012

lol skunk. Its my boarder collie and he is always on the hunt for whatever he can sink his teeth into. i have some videos i don't even post cause he is non stop barkin like a fool. love that dog tho. house is not a home without a dog. also have a black lab and a small 20lbs cream color poodle.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by quantumhands; 07-07-2013, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• Zaza
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2011

Solid platform, solid punchin'... Looking good!
              Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
              http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Looks and sounds like very solid control of your force, movements and timing.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• quantumhands
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by swfl View Post
                  Nice job. Thank you for posting.
                  Originally posted by p4rma View Post
                  That is impressive, both the platform and technique!
                  Originally posted by cmedinas88 View Post
                  Nice hitting nice platform as well
                  Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                  Solid platform, solid punchin'... Looking good!
                  Thank you all for the kind words and all of the useful videos to help me get this far and I hope many years to come. I can say I am addicted to the bag!!!

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                  Looks and sounds like very solid control of your force, movements and timing.
                  Alan because of your help I know all of the moves I do today. And your input is beyond helpful to the point of science and I really like that cause you in my eyes are the master lol. I would enjoy sitting down with you for hours talking bag history and moves that I would never think possible. Thank you for all of the advice and help to get me where I am today!!!

Comment

• Zaza
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by quantumhands View Post
                    I would enjoy sitting down with you for hours talking bag history and moves that I would never think possible. Thank you for all of the advice and help to get me where I am today!!!
                    You'll be able to do this over & over if you purchase the soon to be released film "Art of the Bag" .... I have hours of interview footage with Alan...and sometimes he even makes sense!

Alan truly is THE KING!
                    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
                      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by quantumhands View Post
                      Thank you all for the kind words and all of the useful videos to help me get this far and I hope many years to come. I can say I am addicted to the bag!!!

Alan because of your help I know all of the moves I do today. And your input is beyond helpful to the point of science and I really like that cause you in my eyes are the master lol. I would enjoy sitting down with you for hours talking bag history and moves that I would never think possible. Thank you for all of the advice and help to get me where I am today!!!
                      Thanks for the kind words. I admit to being a little obsessive at times about the speed bag. I do get a bit long winded at times, or perhaps love the sound of my own keyboard a bit too much, but it's hard to keep a large storehouse of "mostly" useless knowledge to myself. I have always tried to teach what I know, or think I know, about all things speed bag. For years and years and years I had know one to really talk to about his but myself, so thank the lord for this forum. I knew there had to be others equally as obsessed, ...or at least very interested. And let's face it, sometimes I have a bit too much coffee late at night, answering a question. But that's how I roll. Or fist roll, actually Front Fist Roll, but mostly in the hand over hand position, but you can reverse that direction, and have you see or heard G-Town Fist Rolling.. He's at a whole new level.

Actually if you want to talk "new moves you never thought possible", then you gotta blow by me to some of the other INCREDIBLE speed baggers on this forum who just keep throwing out new and improved moves that I have never seen or thought of myself. Every year at the gathering it seems like four or five NEW moves or variations are thrown out that just leaves us (me especially) speechless. You want to talk impressive, just watch Tommy T, Juxt, Speedbagataraxis, G-Town, Skunk, Tim and a few others I may have left out. Everyone of these guys throws out amazing combinations with fists and elbows non-stop to the point of being scary. My own insight into the speed bag and the combinations and variations possible has be quadrupled by these guys. In the 1990's I would have said half of what they are doing was "not possible" and would never be used effectively with the basic rhythm. (as my wife says: "wrong again, dear.."

The level of speed bagging in the last four years has gone far beyond anything I personally had ever dreamed of. And then when you see those that came before, like Doris Degreen, kid brunnel and some of the vaudeville baggers, you realize we are just now re-discovering some of the amazing variations and skills that they had, but were lost in the age before film and sound were so easily available. So I'd look forward to that conversation with you about moves we both never dreamed of. But some of our forum members are dreaming pretty regular about speed bag moves, ....at least if the four gatherings are any level of measurement.

You'll be able to do this over & over if you purchase the soon to be released film "Art of the Bag" .... I have hours of interview footage with Alan...and sometimes he even makes sense!
                      Thanks ZaZa. coming from you that is a compliment. By the way - Half of what I say I make up at the moment and the other half is crap, so take your pick.

Alan truly is THE KING!
                      Tom Petty wrote a song about it.
                      Watch the official music video for It's Good To Be King by Tom Petty from the album Wildflowers. Subscribe to the channel: https://youtube.com/user/tompett...

I learned a long time ago, "When you start taking yourself too seriously nobody else will".
                      Last edited by Speedbag; 07-15-2013, 07:57 PM.
                      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                      The Quest Continues...
                      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...