X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Speed Bag Movement is alive and well

I came across this YouTube video today of a Muscle Beach guy hitting a speed bag. The punching demo was okay, but what really caught my attention was all the NEW SPEED BAG PLATFORMS at Venice Beach. From the looks of it, they have at least SIX platforms... with swivels! And they're even multi-level.

Most of the older YT videos of baggers at Venice Beach show some pretty rundown setups. This recent video shows a vast improvement from the last time I was there.

This is good news. To me, this says that there is a renewed interest in speed bagging at the beach.

Here's another clip, but the speed bagging doesn't start until 1:59 seconds in...

Bag on, muscle men!
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

I watch that and all I can think is "Got Juice?"

SpeedBagSkunk could eat these guys for breakfast....pound for pound, my money's on Skunk!

(I get sore just watching this )

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• ebozyn
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2010

Like Zaza was sayin'...

The Speed bag movement is alive and well in Venice beach. And, from the looks of the second video, so is steroid abuse. HaHa.

To each their own. At least they aren't eating the faces of innocent beach goers in between workouts. As far as we know.
      Last edited by ebozyn; 07-01-2012, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

I'm pleased to see that the platforms have been refurbished. They were looking a bit rough the last time I was up there. As far as the subjects in the videos, the platforms are on the ocean side of the weight pen, and there is more than a little exhibitionism going on there.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
          Like Zaza was sayin'...

The Speed bag movement is alive and well in Venice beach. And, from the looks of the second video, so is steroid abuse. HaHa.

To each their own. At least they aren't eating the faces of innocent beach goers in between workouts. As far as we know.
          HA! imagine someone using steroids at muscle beach. Say it isn't so.

Years ago Billmack made a speed bag video there.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
            Speed Bag Historian
            • Jun 2006

I remember Billy having to use the bag laces to attach it to what was left of the swivel on his first visit to the beach. Later he brought along some zip ties. Like I said this is a marked improvement from what was before. I wonder who footed the bill, as I can't see LA Parks & Rec having the funds to do this now.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...