• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag Sugarglider
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2012

Hi I'm new to the forum

I was at the first Speed Bag 2010 but just joined this forum. I hope to attend the next one and up my game. Here's my speed bag video

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag Sugarglider View Post
    I was at the first Speed Bag 2010 but just joined this forum. I hope to attend the next one and up my game. Here's my speed bag video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrhR0qF8zcw

I'm thinking I remember you at the event. Great punching below which really highlights how a U-bolt swivel affects combinations.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• PunchDrummer
      • Jan 2012

Hi SS,

Welcome! Nice punching.

Alan is most likely a major investor in Ms. D's custom ball-hook swivel empire, and oppose the U-bolt he will. I think a friendly challenge has been thrown.
      I know he knows what he’s talking about, but it makes me want to best it all the more. I drove my parents nuts with stuff like that. lol

Are those adjustment brackets loose? They look like they're spinning around which probably contributes to all of that vibration. I'm surprised those big iron units vibrate at all. They shouldn't move IMHO.

That looks like a great place to practice – nice view to the street.

Comment

• Speedbag Sugarglider
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Apr 2012

Thanks guys! I was the guy in the group photo in the back with the red shirt. I look forward to the next one.

As for the speed bag, it was at LA Boxing. I won the speedbag platform at 2010 but I still don't have anywhere to put it yet.

I learned those elbow moves from Deano himself

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag Sugarglider View Post
          Thanks guys! I was the guy in the group photo in the back with the red shirt. I look forward to the next one.

As for the speed bag, it was at LA Boxing. I won the speedbag platform at 2010 but I still don't have anywhere to put it yet.

I learned those elbow moves from Deano himself
          Then you learned from the best. I found out later he is part kangaroo. On his father's side I think....
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

I remember you...

Hi Speedbag Sugarglider! Well, it's about time you joined the forum!

I'm pretty sure I remember you at SB 2010. In fact, I think you're in some of my video footage of the event. Is this you at the end of this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfRnpL9pXMg&feature=plcp

Nice job on your punching skills...kind of a laid-back style. I like the deano-style punching. I noticed that you tend to open your left hand when striking the back, but not the right. Very interesting...
            sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Speedbag Sugarglider
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Apr 2012

Yeah thanks for the video! That event is such a great opportunity to learn from the best in the world. I would like to learn more Deano style elbow punches along with this awesome technique Tim does here

Filmed 1.16.10 in lovely Silver Springs, Florida, (as if that makes any difference to the point of this vid), tim Platt-Forum demonstrates an elbow technique...

Comment

• Zaza
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2011

Welcome Speedbag Sugarglider! Looking good. You'll find this is a wonderful community of speed bag addicts willing to help their fellow baggers.

I look forward to seeing you at this years SPEED B.A.G. III gathering...I'll be shooting footage for my upcoming documentary, "Art of the Bag" .... might just prove to be your 15 minutes of fame with that elbow action!

Cheers,
                -Zaza
                Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Niki Knuckles
                  • Apr 2012

Hello, welcome.
                  Don't buy your speed bag from the same place you buy your tackle box.

Comment

• Speedbag Sugarglider
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Apr 2012

Thanks Zaza and Niki. That documentary trailer looks awesome! I'll work on those Aussie elbow techniques.

Comment

• Niki Knuckles
                      • Apr 2012

I saw that video on you tube before. Looks like the bag on top of the platform was about to fall off.
                      Don't buy your speed bag from the same place you buy your tackle box.

Comment

• Kiki Knuckles
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • May 2012

Hi Everyone,
                        I was a member since April 2011, but my account was deleted because I did not post anything. The admin was trying to deter spam. Anyway, my previous user name was, "Kiki Knuckles." Unfortunately, someone took an almost identical user name!
                        So I had to change mine.

I just wanted to say that I was very thankful to stumble upon this website last year...it was such a great tool when I was installing my platform to cinder blocks. I'm happy to say it is up and running now! As always I look forward to the dialogue...thanks.

Comment

• Kiki Knuckles
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • May 2012

Hey

Thanks Ralph...good to be back.
                          Do you still have Cleto bags for sale?

Comment

• ebozyn
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Oct 2010

Good Question. Ralph, do you still have Cletos Reyes Bags for sale?

Originally posted by Kiki Sioux View Post
                            Thanks Ralph...good to be back.
                            Do you still have Cleto bags for sale?

Comment

• Kiki Knuckles
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • May 2012

After I posted that comment...I thought..."Is that the same Ralph that sells speed bags?" Too funny...I think I have the other Ralph's email.

Right now I don't have a Cletos....so do you like them? In comparison to other bags what would you rate it? I am using a Title Gyro bag currently.

Thx

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...