• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

One Year Of Bagging

This is my One Year Anniversary of Speed Bagging Video. Yippy

Baggin' is just getting to be more, and more fun.

I'm posting two Videos here:

March-10-2011: The first Vid is one of the earliest Videos of me Speed Baggin' With My FS Pro 6x9. I believe i just got this bag not too long before i shot this Video. I'm having troubles making contact with it. But i am trying to do Deano Style side hits at not even 2 1/2 Months of Speed bagging. <-- what a idiot

If i'm not mistaken at 0:54 to 0:57 i'm attempting to do Over -n- Under Phantom strikes for one of the first times on Video.

January-1-2012: I shot this Video Yesterday. I think it's some of the cleanest bagging i've ever caught on Video. There are some really smooth Spins and Traps in this Video, and a lot of other stuff too.

I'm sure i'll Cringe when i watch either of these Videos a year, or even 6 months from now.
    But it is fun for me to look back and track any Progress i've made.

Last edited by ebozyn; 01-02-2012, 12:41 PM.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Your one year progress is nothing short of amazing. Sorry, I should capitalize that:

AMAZING!

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

What Speedbag said. Oh, and thanks for the 720p on your recent vids. I love speed bag videos in 720p.

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        Your one year progress is nothing short of amazing. Sorry, I should capitalize that:

AMAZING!

No doubt. Incredible skill all in 12 months! I can only imagine what you'll be doing this time next year. Your dedication has paid off in droves... fantastic!

Any chance you'll make SPEED B.A.G. III in June or July this year? (Keyport, NJ will be the location again)

Comment

• tjgonz
          • Dec 2011

Very nice man! I hope I can get there one day, I remember seeing one of your first videos on the TITLE 6x9 and you did a forward fist roll to reverse fist roll..might be nothing to you now but I'm still amazed by that lol. TJ

Comment

• Zaza
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by speedbag View Post
            your one year progress is nothing short of amazing. Sorry, i should capitalize that:

amazing!

+1

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
            http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• ebozyn
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2010

Thanks Guys.

I can't wait to see what other bag Moves and Combos i learn this year.
              It's gonna be a fun ride that's for sure.

and Thank You For Checkin' out the Vids.

Comment

• Zaza
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2011

I think you need to start spinning around...and using your feet & head...otherwise, looks like you have everything else covered to me.

Bag On!
                Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                  @ebozyn are you able to do the four way elbow ? it's tough to get that last elbow in for me but then again i don't put the time in on the bag like you guys do :-)...ralph
                  Which one are you talking about? There are two four way elbow strikes

1. The Out & Down (created by Outward Double + Downward Double with one rebound inbetween) - (O-D 4way)

2. The Out & In (created by the Outward Double + Inward Double with one rebound inbetween) - (O-I 4way)

By the sound of your question, [..to get that last elbow in for me] your are referring to #2, ( O-I 4way), since the "last" part to hit in this technique is the inward moving elbow. that last part to hit in #1 is a fist.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say ebozyn can do that in his sleep, with double & triple bumps off it.
                  Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ebozyn
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Oct 2010

O-I 4way of Sorts

Well... I couldn't really pull off the triple bumps. So i'm off on the bumps by a Third. But, i was Half asleep. Does that count? (Take 2/3 add 1/2...) <---sounds like a recipe for disaster

I have watched closely some different video footage of Skunk, and Tim doing triple bumps, and i found it very interesting. It seems to get that third bump, or more than three, you have to slightly close the distance between your elbow, and the board. or in other words, Move your elbow very subtly towards the bag as it's bumping. At least that's what i've noticed. I don't have that down yet, but i'm working on it. Those guys have it pretty much nailed.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
                      Well... I couldn't really pull off the triple bumps. So i'm off on the bumps by a Third. But, i was Half asleep. Does that count? (Take 2/3 add 1/2...) <---sounds like a recipe for disaster

I have watched closely some different video footage of Skunk, and Tim doing triple bumps, and i found it very interesting. It seems to get that third bump, or more than three, you have to slightly close the distance between your elbow, and the board. or in other words, Move your elbow very subtly towards the bag as it's bumping. At least that's what i've noticed. I don't have that down yet, but i'm working on it. Those guys have it pretty much nailed.

Absolutely right! There is no "power" in a "bump", for you don't hit the bag, the bag hits the elbow (fist), which is basically holding still in the path of the rebound. Since the elbow is not moving (swinging) there is no power added to the bag, it gets slower and slower with each bump, and usually after two it starts to die so you have to move the elbow in closer to "hit" the bag and hopefully keep it going.

If you did "hit it" with each "bump" than it would require a short jerky motion which is hard to do in the space of one rebound, so usually you just let the bag "hit" the still elbow.

Anyway, that's how I see it.
                      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Markus
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Oct 2011

Ridiculous work on that bag in only a year. I think I am going on 2 months and can't imagine being any where close to your level in 10 more. I am always amazed by how smooth and controlled your striking is. Keep on baggin'!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...