Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2011

Gotta love the Jazz....Take Five
    Very entertaining

Comment

• PDXBAGGER
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Oct 2011

2:40 just sick!!!..so smooth...incredible vid. Thanks for posting!!

PDX

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
        Jazz Baby, Jazz.

Turn It Up!

Thank You For Watching

No no. Thank YOU ebozyn, for the video.
        Ahh, Dave Brubeck. I used to hear this classic on the soft jazz station on my drive to and from work... great music for unwinding.

I must say, you have the moves, eboz. I have to admit, I'm not even close to doing those punches. Such control. More practice for me. Anyway, loved this one... don't you think it should have been posted in the punching to music thread?
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Some amazing combinations to "Take 5". Great to see the expansion of Punch Drumming to a more difficult musical time signature. You're control of double bumping is extraodinary and it makes for an interesting accent pattern. I'm still lost on that under-over elbow sequence which is really a visual masterpiece in action.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            ...a visual masterpiece in action.
            That's our man ebozyn.

Comment

• ebozyn
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2010

Many Thanks

Thanks Alot For The Nice Comments. I'm Glad Some Of You Liked This Tune As Much As i Do. It's A really Fun song To Bag to.There is Alot of Room To Riff Around With This One.

That's Kind of How I feel about the way i bag to Music, Not so much punch drumming as Punch Riffing. I am playing with the music, but not exactly as the Drummer would, more as a sax player (to this tune), or guitar player would. Riffing around, landing on the beat.

Now that i think of it, It's also alot like dancing, in most cases the dancer isn't shadowing every beat the drummer makes, It's more like flowing to the music and the groove. it's sort of a mix between drums, and dancing.

Having said that, i also enjoy doing strait punch drumming. although i'm still learning the art of punch drumming, it's tons of fun. but i NEED a METAL BASED swivel so i can get more sounds. At the moment all i hear is leather slapping against the board. Very little swivel clicking, and that's the best part.

Thank You For Watching
              Bag On.
              Last edited by ebozyn; 11-16-2011, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• paranday
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Sep 2009

Turns out Dave Brubeck had a speed bag at his place. So Brubeck himself bagged ? I mean, how cool would that be ?

Dave Brubeck:

"Miles was very good for me. In many ways, he introduced my music to the rest of the jazz musicians. His recording of "In Your Own Sweet Way" and "The Duke" were very wonderful for me. And, we were kind of friendly for years. And, my sons came home one day to find Miles and I shooting baskets out in the basketball court, and Miles hitting the speed bag and making it purr -- a different Miles."

Comment

• fedora
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Dec 2012

when I try to watch the video, a pop up says it doesn't exist. what's up??

fedora

Comment

• swfl
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2013

same for me. would like to see it if possible.

Comment

• Zaza
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2011

The original post was from 2011.... He's probably taken it down by now.
                      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...