• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Thanks ebozyn for your instructional vid

Many thanks to ebozyn for helping me get his O-TES (preceded by a phantom punch) from the left and right side of the bag with one rebound in between. The vid is a complilation of several short clips of the combination on a couple of different bags.

I have a ways to go before I master it, but at least I can string a few combos together before a breakdown.

ebozyn did a great job in his video of breaking down the various parts of the technique, repeating them painstakingly over and over so slow people like myself would be able to understand each component of the technique and combo. He did a great job. Thanks, man.

EDIT: sorry for the poor audio. Really need to buy a video camera instead of borrowing one.

Last edited by Biff; 11-01-2011, 06:21 PM.
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Amazing stuff these combos. Your video is also fun to watch, thanks for posting.
    Last edited by paranday; 11-01-2011, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

Way to go Biff!
      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

BIF!!! Way too go! Nice combo's, Glad to see you back in action. You're making it look waaaay to easy.

Note to self: Add the other elbow into the combo, making the O-TES an O-I 4way, and use the same shadow/phantom punch.

FSP ' O-I 4way ' FSP ' O-I 4way....repeat.

You have to rotate the body a bit more to pull this one off. NO, I can't do it .... yet.
        Last edited by Speedbag; 11-02-2011, 11:48 AM.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ebozyn
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2010

Too cool!

VERY NICE!
          You Really Have The Feel For That Combo Down Biff. Awesome Bag Work.
          It looks very cool. Just the way it should.

Silky smooth fist, and elbow work. It's easy to get your arms tied up like a pretzel on a combo like this, but you weave through the strikes very nicely.

Also, you can get alot of mileage out of this Elbow Rotation, there are tons of things you can add to it. (On the ends, and in the middle of the combo) and cool ways of entering, and exiting it.

I know You'll have it down cold very soon.

Killer Baggin'.
          And You're Very Welcome For The Video.

Comment

• StevieMac
            • Oct 2010

Excellent, looks fantastic Biff!

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Killer job Biff! You're looking awesome as always. Cool to see you're still devoted to the bag
              You are the man! Take it cool brother.
              T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• Biff
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                Amazing stuff these combos. Your video is also fun to watch, thanks for posting.
                The combos add variety and a "wow" factor to a routine.

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                Way to go Biff!
                Thanks, Z. I want to see you banging out this combo next.
                Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                BIF!!! Way too go! Nice combo's, Glad to see you back in action. You're making it look waaaay to easy.

Note to self: Add the other elbow into the combo, making the O-TES an O-I 4way, and use the same shadow/phantom punch.

FSP ' O-I 4way ' FSP ' O-I 4way....repeat.

You have to rotate the body a bit more to pull this one off. NO, I can't do it .... yet.
                I'm waiting on your vid, AK. I'm sure you're working on something special.

Before I go the next step into the O-I 4way, I want to get some more control of this one first. I'm a little slow, remember?

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
                VERY NICE!
                You Really Have The Feel For That Combo Down Biff. Awesome Bag Work.
                It looks very cool. Just the way it should.

Silky smooth fist, and elbow work. It's easy to get your arms tied up like a pretzel on a combo like this, but you weave through the strikes very nicely.

Also, you can get alot of mileage out of this Elbow Rotation, there are tons of things you can add to it. (On the ends, and in the middle of the combo) and cool ways of entering, and exiting it.

I know You'll have it down cold very soon.

Killer Baggin'.
                And You're Very Welcome For The Video.
                Thanks again, ebozyn. Nice that you posted your demo vid. Now more baggers can see exactly how the combo is done.

Believe me, there were many times that my arms locked up in a pretzel while practicing, especially after an unexpected mis-hit.
                Originally posted by StevieMac View Post
                Excellent, looks fantastic Biff!
                Thanks, SM!
                Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
                Killer job Biff! You're looking awesome as always. Cool to see you're still devoted to the bag
                You are the man! Take it cool brother.
                Hey, TJ, nice to see you back. I took quite a bit of time off during this past year. But, it's nice to be back. I got rid of my toys and have the garage the way I want it, so it's a lot easier to bag now.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Wow! Great job on this combo! I haven't been able to master this punch yet... It's good to see you back in action on the forum, Biff.

You may have been away from the forum, but you have obviously kept up on your bagging skills!

BTW, you're missing something on your upper lip.
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                  I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Biff
                    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                    Wow! Great job on this combo! I haven't been able to master this punch yet... It's good to see you back in action on the forum, Biff.

You may have been away from the forum, but you have obviously kept up on your bagging skills!

BTW, you're missing something on your upper lip.
                    Thanks, Dee. I have been away from the bag for quite some time, but I'm back at it now. It's like riding a bike. I'm sure with a little practice you'll be knocking them down as well.

And yes, after 41 years, I thought it was time for a change. Mrs. Biff put a poll on FB a few months ago: Grow It or Mow It? Grow It far outnumbered Mow It, but I said "What the hey, off with the 'stache."

It's been really strange shaving below the nose, but I'm finally getting used to it.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                      Thanks, Dee. I have been away from the bag for quite some time, but I'm back at it now. It's like riding a bike. I'm sure with a little practice you'll be knocking them down as well.

And yes, after 41 years, I thought it was time for a change. Mrs. Biff put a poll on FB a few months ago: Grow It or Mow It? Grow It far outnumbered Mow It, but I said "What the hey, off with the 'stache."

It's been really strange shaving below the nose, but I'm finally getting used to it.
                      I'm a fan of the 'stache...well, for a man!

There's an old saying: "Kissing a man without a mustache is like eating an egg without salt."

Bag on! With, or without the 'stache!
                      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Zaza
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Apr 2011

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                          I have found that Hairy bags don't rebound as well..

just a thought.
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                            I have found that Hairy bags don't rebound as well..

just a thought.

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Aug 2010

Nice teaching vid Ebozyn and Great job becoming proficient at that combo Biff! The Balaz ibox looks great! Nice job picking it up at the Speed Bag III auction! It's a great grab :-)
                              Novaspeedbagger

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...