• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luke
    • Aug 2011

NEWBIE VID- The Baggin's LAIR

Hey guys,

just thought I'd post a video of my new bagging room. Nothing fancy, but at least my videos will have a bettter light source. Been practicing everyday- finally got my speedbag bible, so im starting all over from scratch!

Nothing fancy like you guys, but a fun video to make nonetheless....

hope youre all doing well.

keep baggin'

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Awesome Baggin' Lair. Lot of security. Owner has great taste in Reading. Very good baggin' skills! Smooth in form and function. I might offer one smidge of advice...

On your Outward Triple Elbow Strikes (O-TES), which are fast and clean, you appear to set up for them with a definite upward angle, meaning as you position your lead arm (elbow arm) it goes upwards, taking that fist and your other fist over the board, and when you perform the strike your arm movements appear a bit downward with the fists barely missing the board. It looked pretty consistent like that. you hit the bag clean and it works but you may find it more efficient to set up for the (O-TES) by turning your torso to bring the elbow striking arm a bit more "across" the body than up and over the shoulder. The fists should be close to the ear, not up high at board level. check out this picture and notice the start position of the Outward ES. ( if the link goes to the Downward Elbows, click mouse cursor in address line and hit enter again.. not sure why the direct page link is off...)

This will allow your strike movement to be straighter into the bag rather than "down" which will really help for any linking combo passing the fist(s) the bag. If the fist comes "down" to the bag it's a bit more difficult to link from it. Especially if your more of a beginner.

Love the Classical Music by the way, and the fish eye cam view. Cool effect.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 10-12-2011, 12:44 AM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ebozyn
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2010

Nice Baggin' skills man. I Like your baggin' room too. The set up of the room is nice and neat.

The place were i bag is absolutely filthy. A real pigsty. The people that lived here before us spray painted all over the walls. And it looks like they tried to tunnel out to escape. I stand on a pile of concrete blocks with some cardboard on top so i don't kill my feet standing there for long periods of time.

"but you know me, I can't complain" HeHe

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
        Nice Baggin' skills man. I Like your baggin' room too. The set up of the room is nice and neat.

The place were i bag is absolutely filthy. A real pigsty. The people that lived here before us spray painted all over the walls. And it looks like they tried to tunnel out to escape. I stand on a pile of concrete blocks with some cardboard on top so i don't kill my feet standing there for long periods of time.

I noticed that in your video's. Couldn't you paint over the walls to cover it up, or hang something up like a backdrop. most of my video's have a light blue bedspread hung on the back wall, covering up a window.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post

You're so smooth ebozyn... I never thought your feet ever touched the ground... I picture you just floating. Who knows, you might even have wings!
          Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
          http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Biff
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Now that's a true "man cave." Quite the setup. Your bagging is looking very good. Now that you have the Bible, and a great retreat to practice, I'm sure you'll progress nicely. Good luck, and welcome.

Comment

• Heppsan
              • Jan 2011

Awesome vid man!! Really cool!
              Nice baggin' to!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...